Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-22-2012, 09:41 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
How Russia has changed, and then not. Under communism, religion was discouraged. Now, a female punk band, whose name I will not post, has been prosecuted and there will be jail time sought for "abuse of God." Russia's girl punk band faces jail after Putin protest insults Russian Orthodox Church | Mail Online Of course the fact that they were protesting Putin did not help.
Just one more example of why a "state religion" is a bad deal... Trouble is, if the RNC had their way, these girls would go to prison here for such a stunt too.

08-22-2012, 09:49 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Just one more example of why a "state religion" is a bad deal... Trouble is, if the RNC had their way, these girls would go to prison here for such a stunt too.
yep they would. Sadly. I think the harper government in canada would like to see the same. their reaction to the sentance was very wishy washy compared to other countries. makes me ashamed actually