Fox Sports Can't Tell the Difference Between Iraq and Iran

08-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Fox got the information from Palin.
08-09-2012, 02:07 PM   #3
Veteran Member

To them there is no difference except one was invaded in reality.. other one is in the que..........
08-10-2012, 05:44 AM   #4
Banned

Photos: Albums
List of countries by number of military and paramilitary personnel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Take a look at these troop numbers.

According to Jane's (sorry, no link) and many other organizations (including the CIA factbook)... Iran is fully gearing up for war against the united states. And america alone doesn't have the resources to be able to pull it off. Sure america could do one, maybe two air strikes; but not much else.

It is widely believed that Iran has at least six Kilo class subs; and has another six on order. They are also working on a sub design that rivals any of our Seawolf, USS Virginia, and USS Los Angelas class subs. Ouch

08-10-2012, 06:54 AM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

Does it really matter? Let's face it. Both countries are a PITA if you're not into being tolerant of their culture. They both seem to have this big chip on their shoulder sometimes. I'm sure that the people that live there think the very same of the rest of the world sometimes but I must admit I don't get either country sometimes at all. Their politicians seem even more wacked than my own and that's really saying something considering how nutty things have been here politically speaking of late. The individuals I've met from there, that's one thing, they seem mostly nice if culturally opposite to anything I consider remotely sane sometimes, but the culture and customs of countries with an Islamic bent they really don't appeal to me much at all.

I would not want to be a woman in a place like Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, or Egypt these days. I'm sorry, but I do feel that way. If I can't even walk down a public street and not have to cover my face and my entire body or risk being groped and harassed then I just don't really want anything to do with places like that. There are a lot of interesting things about these places that I really love to see someday. To finally explore the Valley of the Kings, work on a dig in Iraq, that's long been a dream of mine, but it's just not going to happen. When I was a kid I used to dream of spending time in Egypt, Iraq, Iran, seeing all those wonderful old things.

But now I see what it's like to live there, how women are treated there and I don't think I really want to go there. Not if it it means I am likely to be mistreated as a guest in their countries simply because I have a vag instead of a dick. I shouldn't have to go in a bus, in a tour group with the protection of men to see such things, but it's a fact that unless I want to risk being treated like that I actually do have to and even the presence of men is no guarantee these days that I won't be harassed or worse yet kidnapped or blown up. I mean let's face it they don't issue all those travel warnings all the time for no reason. Even for a man going on a trip to Egypt or Iraq/Iran these days is not without considerable risk these days.

Ideally I tend think people should have a right to believe whatever they want, follow whatever religion they will, or not, but in reality when a whole country tends toward the extreme, towards that much violence and sexism I can't help but be wary of it. I'm not saying my own culture can't be batshiz crazy too, because it sure can, and we surely do have our share of fundamentalist sexist idiots here too, but I'm still far better off as a woman here than I ever would be living in a place like Iran or Iraq or Egypt. Yeah, I still might get groped or worse here. But if I hauled off and decked guy for doing it? I wouldn't end up with my hands cut off or goodness forbid married to him or something like that. Big difference.

When the men of Iraq and Iran et all can get their act together and treat their women more like people than dumb cows fit only to breed and not be seen then I'll try to care more about what they want out of the rest of the world. I'll try to have more respect for them and for their place in it. But not until they do. Not until I can walk down their streets with my face unhidden and not likely be molested. I sometimes really wish my country would just back off and get out of places like that actually. Leave them to their own mess. That's pretty inhuman of me, I guess, but I'm really sick of it. The eternal fighting, the never ending wars over religion, oil, land and other things. People blowing each other up in terrorist acts, destroying priceless works of ancient art in the name of faith. Women in countries like this being treated like absolute shiz. I mean it's INSANE and gosh when WILL it ever stop?
08-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #6
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
I would not want to be a woman in a place like Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, or Egypt these days
america has an interesting recent history on this one as well.

There is still to this very day a rather large difference in wages between men and women; and in america. And even though this is 2012; go back to the early sixties to see how many groups and individuals were being very clearly singled out.

Also while on the subject of america... The same america that massacred the native americans; for decades on end - almost to the point of extinction. But to make it better, america gives them trivial plots of land worth relatively nothing.
08-10-2012, 04:00 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Does it really matter? Let's face it. Both countries are a PITA if you're not into being tolerant of their culture. They both seem to have this big chip on their shoulder sometimes. I'm sure that the people that live there think the very same of the rest of the world sometimes but I must admit I don't get either country sometimes at all. Their politicians seem even more wacked than my own and that's really saying something considering how nutty things have been here politically speaking of late. The individuals I've met from there, that's one thing, they seem mostly nice if culturally opposite to anything I consider remotely sane sometimes, but the culture and customs of countries with an Islamic bent they really don't appeal to me much at all.

I would not want to be a woman in a place like Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, or Egypt these days. I'm sorry, but I do feel that way. If I can't even walk down a public street and not have to cover my face and my entire body or risk being groped and harassed then I just don't really want anything to do with places like that. There are a lot of interesting things about these places that I really love to see someday. To finally explore the Valley of the Kings, work on a dig in Iraq, that's long been a dream of mine, but it's just not going to happen. When I was a kid I used to dream of spending time in Egypt, Iraq, Iran, seeing all those wonderful old things.

But now I see what it's like to live there, how women are treated there and I don't think I really want to go there. Not if it it means I am likely to be mistreated as a guest in their countries simply because I have a vag instead of a dick. I shouldn't have to go in a bus, in a tour group with the protection of men to see such things, but it's a fact that unless I want to risk being treated like that I actually do have to and even the presence of men is no guarantee these days that I won't be harassed or worse yet kidnapped or blown up. I mean let's face it they don't issue all those travel warnings all the time for no reason. Even for a man going on a trip to Egypt or Iraq/Iran these days is not without considerable risk these days.

Ideally I tend think people should have a right to believe whatever they want, follow whatever religion they will, or not, but in reality when a whole country tends toward the extreme, towards that much violence and sexism I can't help but be wary of it. I'm not saying my own culture can't be batshiz crazy too, because it sure can, and we surely do have our share of fundamentalist sexist idiots here too, but I'm still far better off as a woman here than I ever would be living in a place like Iran or Iraq or Egypt. Yeah, I still might get groped or worse here. But if I hauled off and decked guy for doing it? I wouldn't end up with my hands cut off or goodness forbid married to him or something like that. Big difference.

When the men of Iraq and Iran et all can get their act together and treat their women more like people than dumb cows fit only to breed and not be seen then I'll try to care more about what they want out of the rest of the world. I'll try to have more respect for them and for their place in it. But not until they do. Not until I can walk down their streets with my face unhidden and not likely be molested. I sometimes really wish my country would just back off and get out of places like that actually. Leave them to their own mess. That's pretty inhuman of me, I guess, but I'm really sick of it. The eternal fighting, the never ending wars over religion, oil, land and other things. People blowing each other up in terrorist acts, destroying priceless works of ancient art in the name of faith. Women in countries like this being treated like absolute shiz. I mean it's INSANE and gosh when WILL it ever stop?
Thank You. A very good SENSIBLE post, 100% based on FACT.
Cheers, Pickles.

08-10-2012, 05:32 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Women may make less money here and they may have other disadvantages too but they are still 1000X better off than a woman who lives in a place like Afghanistan. I don't disregard how privileged I can be compared to women elsewhere just because things here aren't as nice as I'd like them to be. I didn't grow up only to be genitally mutilated then sold to some guy twice my age as soon as I was breed-able. I don't have tattoos on my arm that basically declare me my husband's slave. I don't have to cover my face and suffer groping from strange men just to go to the market so I can feed my family and I don't have to watch my daughters grow up to be treated exactly the same way. I've got it pretty darned good compared to women elsewhere in the world salary issues notwithstanding and I do know that. Doesn't make what's still happening here excusable either, but there are degrees of abuse too and what most western women have to put up with is a far cry from what women living under rule like that have to deal with. It's all relative, I suppose but I can't help but see that they have it much worse than I do.
08-11-2012, 02:07 AM - 1 Like   #9
Veteran Member

If you think the USA's treatment of Iran has one iota to do with cultural issues, check out how the USA deals with the Saudis, and look how their womens rights compare to Iran's.
08-11-2012, 04:35 AM   #10
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by ihasa Quote
If you think the USA's treatment of Iran has one iota to do with cultural issues, check out how the USA deals with the Saudis, and look how their womens rights compare to Iran's
Could not agree more.

the united states of america is in bed with places like Israel and Saudi Arabia. Booth of those countries and places like China almost own america.

america would do most anything to cater to the interest of the Saudi's; and even go to war for them. Kind of strange considering... Osama Bin Laden's family stilll operates out of Saudi Arabia. A majority of the 9/11 "government claimed" highjackers also came from Saudi Arabia.

Yet Saudi Arabia remains one of americas best friends - not that america has many countries (or cultures) as friends/allies. And america continues to look for excuses to go to war with other countries like Iran - also to cater to both Israel and Saudi Arabia. Maybe the loss of american blood can be justified to cater to another country
08-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
Could not agree more.

the united states of america is in bed with places like Israel and Saudi Arabia. Booth of those countries and places like China almost own america.

america would do most anything to cater to the interest of the Saudi's; and even go to war for them. Kind of strange considering... Osama Bin Laden's family stilll operates out of Saudi Arabia. A majority of the 9/11 "government claimed" highjackers also came from Saudi Arabia.

Yet Saudi Arabia remains one of americas best friends - not that america has many countries (or cultures) as friends/allies. And america continues to look for excuses to go to war with other countries like Iran - also to cater to both Israel and Saudi Arabia. Maybe the loss of american blood can be justified to cater to another country
I'm curious, but throughout this post, you use America with a small "a", yet you capitalize the first letter of every other country. Do you dislike America that much? If so, why stay?
08-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #12
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
I'm curious, but throughout this post, you use America with a small "a", yet you capitalize the first letter of every other country. Do you dislike America that much? If so, why stay?
Interesting observation; and a good question.
08-11-2012, 08:26 PM   #13
Veteran Member

G'Day from Australia...you get used to these guys.....asked 'em previously why they never go & live in Iran/Iraq etc....as they seem to dislike America so much......never did get any takers...I too, wonder why they still live there.....maybe one of 'em will be kind enough to enlighten us?
Cheers, Pickles.
08-12-2012, 03:12 AM   #14
Veteran Member

why stay?
Because it is his country too.
08-12-2012, 04:55 AM   #15
Banned

Because a country is not about the decisions or perspective of it's government. Most people in the united states seem to forget that the government is there to serve the people; not to control the people.

Has the united states government become it's own worse enemy? Yes. And perhaps the time has come to replace that same government; just as the founders of this country envisioned (that replacement was an option if people wanted it) it when they started the country.

People that are willing to take a stand and challenge some of their countries decisions are better than sheep that follow their countries every wishes.

It's also interesting that in places like Washington DC; that america wants to portray themselves as yet another Greece - or perhaps starting out as basdupon Greece. Yet america has become a type of militarized police state - worse than even the former Soviet Union. Yet few americans willing to take a stand to change it back for the better.