Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
Veteran Member

More from the Nanny Mayor

“We can track where a car associated with a murder suspect is currently located and where it’s been over the past several days, weeks or months,” Kelly said. “This is a system developed by police officers for police officers.”
The system will also check license plate numbers to a watch list and alert investigators if a match is detected and quickly pull up crime reports, arrests and warrants on a suspect.

Read more: NYPD unveils new $40 million super computer system that uses data from network of cameras, license plate readers and crime reports - NY Daily News

Talk about the advent of Big Brother and what's worse he is a Democrat from the mentality of this board I would expect this kind of behavior from a Republican

08-09-2012, 02:06 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
“We can track where a car associated with a murder suspect is currently located and where it’s been over the past several days, weeks or months,” Kelly said. “This is a system developed by police officers for police officers.”
The system will also check license plate numbers to a watch list and alert investigators if a match is detected and quickly pull up crime reports, arrests and warrants on a suspect.

Read more: NYPD unveils new $40 million super computer system that uses data from network of cameras, license plate readers and crime reports - NY Daily News

Talk about the advent of Big Brother and what's worse he is a Democrat from the mentality of this board I would expect this kind of behavior from a Republican
Really?????? As my Republican "friends" would say.. IF you have nothing to hide, what's the big deal............. big Brother is non-partisan... since it benefits the Oligarchs...
08-09-2012, 02:18 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That system sounds like a downsized version of M.A.T.R.I.X. that was attempted by Florida in 2005. Many states pulled out due to protests. It was able to pull up credit history etc. Many states currently use plate readers as well as laptops to randomly run plates. I was actually pulled over once by a Tallahassee PD cop because my plates had been ran 3 times in 5 days. He was young and couldn't give me 1 reason. Around the same time, my wife's boss was blind and she drove him in his vehicle from job to job. They got pulled over because it came up that the vehicle was owned by someone with no D.L. I guess he thought a blind guy was out driving after dark.

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
Really?????? As my Republican "friends" would say.. IF you have nothing to hide, what's the big deal............. big Brother is non-partisan... since it benefits the Oligarchs...
Nothing. I think everyone should have the police come in and inspect their home once a month to make sure there are no safety dangers there.

sarcasm

On a serious note, when they start putting in predictive models on these things etc., we will have problems. Especially when the 33,000 drones are in the air.
08-14-2012, 08:17 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They once had term limits on the office of mayor in NYC. Bloomberg wanted them removed and the people of NYC agreed. Stop whining NYC. You asked for it and got it. He has solved the budget problems though. Soon you will have to drive to Jersey to get a large soda and a bag of chips with salt on them. The bridge and tunnel tolls will make up for the losses on Wall St.

Closed Thread