Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-14-2012, 04:10 PM   #16
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Don't worry Mag, it'll feel better once it quits hurting.

08-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Don't worry Mag, it'll feel better once it quits hurting.
Also, water is wet!
08-16-2012, 03:46 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yeah, and when will that be? Two days and counting and I'm still hurting like heck. I was about to put my head into a wall last night at one point it hurt so bad. Even a Vicodin didn't help. If I didn't know my oral surgeon was one of the best in the state I'd be worried. I called him today. Told him I was a bit worried that I might have dry socket. He said to wait one more day, take 2 Vicodin not just one, then to some see him. He says it's not uncommon for people to have more pain on the 2nd or 3rd day than they did when the tooth was pulled but that if it goes longer then maybe I do have to worry about dry socket. I slept most of today with an ice pack under my chin. It does seem a bit better now so I'm hoping I'm on the mend but I thought that before and the pain just came back even worse so I guess we'll see. I hate taking 2 Vicodin. Stuff makes me a bit nauseated at that dose but it's far better than feeling like I've got an ice pick lodged in my jaw. I had my top wisdom teeth out a few years ago. It wasn't nearly this bad. This pain it's just got me feeling completely ragged it's so bad.
08-16-2012, 07:25 PM   #19
Inactive Account

Do you smoke? I know they say not to for a good few days after, but it really numbs the pain - even if only tobacco... Got a mate who's a dentist, and he told me to break the cigarettes out as soon as the initial bleeding stopped and it really worked. The other trick is to break a corner off an aspirin or paracetamol, crumble it between your finger tips and dab it in the hole. Kills the pain quickly and lasts for hours as it deadens the sensation from the nerves in and around the gap. Sorry to hear it's still hurting so much and I hope it'll pass soon.

08-16-2012, 11:03 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wildweasel Quote
Do you smoke? I know they say not to for a good few days after, but it really numbs the pain - even if only tobacco... Got a mate who's a dentist, and he told me to break the cigarettes out as soon as the initial bleeding stopped and it really worked. The other trick is to break a corner off an aspirin or paracetamol, crumble it between your finger tips and dab it in the hole. Kills the pain quickly and lasts for hours as it deadens the sensation from the nerves in and around the gap. Sorry to hear it's still hurting so much and I hope it'll pass soon.

Clove ciggies were actually originally invented as a toothache remedy. But, I had all my wisdom teeth come in untreated when I was ...less than housed, and powdered clove like from your kitchen really really helps. Just put right where it hurts. (spit it out when the saliva builds up, you'll want to put more on there and on your stomach, too much may prove less than pleasant. But it's safe. )
08-21-2012, 08:27 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Today was the first day in over a week that I managed to eat fairly normally and not end up screaming after. I still have to watch out for hard or tough foods. I cannot manage those and I have to keep food away from that area in my mouth but I'm finally healing up I think. Actually, I had to do sans any kind of cigarettes, clove or otherwise, asthma, but I did do a "few" vicodin tabs. Actually I stayed half stoned for about week there, lol. It was either that or put my head into a wall. Even vico didn't really cut it though. I've had teeth pulled before, had tooth pain from wisdom teeth but this one was a whole other ballgame. I was literally sick as a dog for a week. I'm really hoping that's all over now.