Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-10-2012, 07:49 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Feeling Cranky?

I am. I'm having one of "those" days and it not even 11 AM yet, and no it's not PMS. It's supposed to be 94 degrees again today. They're cutting grass and trimming trees outside which was not actually scheduled for today so my head is about to explode daily allergy pill or no allergy pill. My stomach really hates taking Aleve apparently, even with food, but I had to take some to be able to do a photo gig tomorrow, but oh shiz, my photo gig for tomorrow just got CANCELED. So I'm out the $250 I was supposed to make doing that this week and I've got a crappy stomach now for nothing. I got maybe 3 hours of sleep a night all week. My dentist rescheduled for Monday and my bad tooth hurts like a MF. Everyone around me is just whiny and vetchy and DAYUM, it's making me totally whiny and vetchy.

Oh and if one of my cats drops one more hairball on my floor or leaves any more fur clumps on my bed I may just shave the little furballs and be done with it their dignity be darned because no amount of brushing or fur ball gel seems to be cutting it this summer and man are they ever shedding. Oh and this summer we've had fleas, twice. Also tons of little flies, ants, beetles, and mosquitoes inside the freakin house! Advantage or no Advantage, bug spray or no spray, this summer we've got mega bugs. $58 for tubes of flea gel and my cats and the pup still have freakin fleas?

I've got jars of soap, water, honey and apple cider vinegar on all the counters in my house. (Don't laugh. It works. Bugs love the mix. It's cheaper and works far better than sprays and fly paper.) Every day I rinse those jars out and there's tons and tons of tiny flies et all in them. We've even had flies in the freezer and fridge, down all the drains, in the garbage, keeping everything clean as a whistle and they're still coming in DROVES.

No, there's nothing dead anywhere. We checked. They're all over the area actually apparently it's a problem everywhere this summer. Bug populations are just exploding because of the weird weather patterns. But it's been like we're living in the freaking Amityville Horror house. No demon pigs or slime down the walls and/or coming from the pipes, but we've definitely got the fly thing happening....

So how is your day going so far? I'm about to go back to bed for the day. No kidding. I think I need to take a day off and chill. I'm going offline for a few. I'm cranking the AC then I'm calling the folks and telling them to order takeout. I am just not fit company today. I'm not cooking. I'm not cleaning. I'm not working on my site. I'm not running errands. The rest of the world can just go f- I mean go away!!!!

08-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Feeling cranky? Ha, for me that's known as homeostasis.

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
no amount of brushing or fur ball gel seems to be cutting it this summer and man are they ever shedding
You wanna talk shedding? 19 1/2 pounds and I think half of it is hair. I have a Siamese as well that adds to the problem.

Last edited by Parallax; 04-17-2020 at 11:11 AM.
08-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #3
Veteran Member

make the world go away kinda day? need a hug?
hug sent
08-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I needed a day off and big bowl of B&J ice cream. I got both. I feel a bit more civil now. BTW, Chocolate Macadamia and Mud Pie are both are very yummy!!!!

08-11-2012, 03:01 PM   #5
Veteran Member

How beautiful it is to do nothing and then rest afterwards.
08-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I was running around all week just frazzling myself out doing stuff for my people and that with a jaw ache from a bad tooth that felt like someone was twisting a cork screw straight up into my ear. It was either take a day or two off or kill someone. I was supposed to get it out on Thursday but they canceled on me till Monday. Fortunately the pain seems to have receded a lot but I am still not decent company and I'm staying away from my old folks until it's out, letting my one bro step in for a few days. I don't usually do that because he's got a whole family to look after but I just need the break.

I can get way too bitchy and even downright mean when I'm in this much pain. It's far better I just hole up in my house until it's gone and I feel better. My roommate is out of here, staying over at her GF's house for a few days, and that suits me just fine. Took her pup so I don't have to do much other than feed my cats. There are times when I just need to be away from people physically away, I mean. Typing at you all is no big deal, but right now I'm very moody, still semi-miserable, and I'm not very nice to be around. I don't see the sense in making everyone around me miserable too, you know?
08-11-2012, 08:09 PM   #7

Photos: Albums
Other sites, other people....matching us locally. Hot and tired. Worn to a nub, if only temporarily. Nothing to see here, citizen. Move along.

08-11-2012, 09:20 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Sorry about the bugs. I just got back from 2 weeks' sailing & discovered the boat had bedbugs. I've been vacuuming, washing, wiping, disinfecting, & inspecting EVERY F***ING THING that came home with me, for an entire week, & I'm not sure I'm clear yet. I'd take the mosquitoes & fruit flies over this. And my cat votched up her biggest hairball yet a couple days after I got home, and Woolite "Oxygen" carpet pet stain remover does NOT remove the odour. It's on the living room carpet right where I like to do yoga.
So, yeah, I hear you. And we are probably much alike when tired/pissed off/cranky/etc.
Hope your day gets better.
More ice cream.
08-11-2012, 11:04 PM   #9
Veteran Member

We went through the flea & flies infestation earlier this summer. Almost lost one cat (very old) to flea anemia because of it. Advantage - and drought conditions - finally persevered.

Allie, check your local pet store for Simple Solution. It's pretty miraculous stuff.
08-13-2012, 06:45 AM   #10
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah....even old Rupert has bad spells...though not often. Sometimes things just pile up and explode all at once.

Not picking, not poking, but from my experience with you Mag, you seem to be a lot like Mrs Rupert. It's not that she has more problems than I do...she is just much better at noticing them! Mrs Rupert can spot a tornado 50 miles past the rainbow I am viewing.....if you know what I mean?
I don't try to change her...we are who we are...I sometimes get irritated that she can find a bar of gold "too shiny", but mostly I just go on and let it pass.

However....having said all that, damn flies can drive a person insane. I'd be setting off those bombs all over the place...toxic or not! ....did know a guy who blew up his house with them once, long ago...hell of a mess!

Best Regards! Better days are ahead!
08-13-2012, 08:21 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alliecat Quote
Sorry about the bugs. I just got back from 2 weeks' sailing & discovered the boat had bedbugs. I've been vacuuming, washing, wiping, disinfecting, & inspecting EVERY F***ING THING that came home with me, for an entire week, & I'm not sure I'm clear yet. I'd take the mosquitoes & fruit flies over this. And my cat votched up her biggest hairball yet a couple days after I got home, and Woolite "Oxygen" carpet pet stain remover does NOT remove the odour. It's on the living room carpet right where I like to do yoga.
So, yeah, I hear you. And we are probably much alike when tired/pissed off/cranky/etc.
Hope your day gets better.
More ice cream.
There is nothing much you can do about them. Call an exterminator. Trust me. Better be safe than sorry on that one. My one bro is an exterminator. He's seeing dozens of cases a month and once they're in they're tough to get rid of. Though diatomaceous earth, the non-toxic non-pool kind can be a great help. Put some in the vacuum container then vac everything and put it around the bed under the mattress. It will dehydrate and kill the little vamps. Dust your suitcases and anything else that you think might have been in contact with them and seal it up in space bags for a while. Put it in the shoes you wore then. Wash any clothes et all with very hot water and put them in the dryer for at least 30 mins on high.

They'll all die. If you don't have pets or asthma you can spread it on the baseboards and stuff too but it's contraindicated if you do even though it's supposedly non-toxic because the particles can irritate the lungs in some people. Vaseline on the bed posts can help too. They slide off I'm told though that's not full proof, but just using a vac? Might not do it actually. The earth ups your chances considerably. They sell it in most hardware stores and Walmart and that. Your best bet is a preventative spray though. They can be tough to kill bed bugs....

When I came home from SF I put everything almost that I took with me into a space bag for a few days with the stuff just in case. About the only thing I didn't put in there was my K-x and my memory cards, lol, but I did put the bag, my clothes et all in. I wasn't taking any chances. The hotel I was in may have had them. All of SF is practically infested and I saw what I thought was one, got bit by something while I was there. It was just one bite but I wasn't bringing those f- home, no way, no how. I've seen pics and my brother has told me horror stories....

I'd rather NOT....shudder....
08-13-2012, 08:24 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Rupert believe me if you'd had my life so far you'd be stark raving. I see the rainbows too actually and make a point of stopping to do it, but I deal with a lot, always have. I'm the stronger for it but man sometimes I just wish the universe would give me a freaking break!!! On that note, I'm off probably for the rest of the day. Got to go have my tooth pulled. Oh joy....

:P
08-13-2012, 09:09 AM   #13
Inactive Account

Wisdom tooth? I had two pulled a few years ago. It's absolutely no big deal at all, I took a couple of hours off work and went straight back in again to finish the second half of a 72hr care shift. You'll feel a lot better afterwards, so good luck.
08-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
No, bottom bicuspid. I'm going to have to have a bridge made later once it heals or I'll be gap toothed. I'm typing with one hand here, lol, holding an ice block on my face till the pain killers kick in. He did not use near enough numbing stuff, and it hurt!!!! OWWWWW!!! But I can't lay down yet. Not until the pain recedes a bit.
08-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #15
Inactive Account

Yeouch! Hope it's settled down now. Few weeks it'll all be healed and you can forget about it until it's time for your bridge. I found it next to impossible to leave my holes alone; so satisfying playing with the flappy bits of gum...