Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
08-14-2012, 10:18 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Moreover, Kimball recalls, "the Mitt Romney of the late 1980s and early 1990s really was a moderate. Bain's policies were very progressive compared to most other finance firms. The hard-line profile he seems to be pushing is light-years away from where he was when he was [LDS] stake president."

In this current incarnation, Kimball says, "I have absolutely no clue who this guy is."
him and millions of others..............

08-14-2012, 10:35 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
No, you CAN'T not unless you're sitting there next to him with a pad to watch and mark down what he drops into the plate come Sunday. All you're seeing is what he gives via check and what he claims as a tax benefit but he may well be giving a lot more every single Sunday that he's not claiming, very well meeting his 10% quota. You can't always claim it all actually. There's a cap on what you can claim in charitable deductions so it may well be that he's dropping a lot in the plate every Sunday and not getting credit for it on his taxes. He may well be making up the difference and not getting credit for it on paper. You cannot go there based only on the paper trail. Not with church money. It's not always traceable what someone gives. People give hundreds, even thousands of dollars all the time every Sunday in the plate and it's usually not by check either.
Here, I'll give you this..
Mitt Romney hopes millions he tithes to LDS Church isn't politicized | Deseret News
QuoteQuote:
"And, hopefully, as people look at various individuals running for president, they'd be pleased with someone who made a promise to God and kept that promise," Romney continued. "So, if I had given less than 10 percent, then I think people would have had to look at me and say, hey, what's wrong with you, fella? Don't you follow through on the promises?"
So it is his words against any known facts..

Again it is a HYPOTHESIS....... best look up the word I did use it twice... and I still stand behind it ..............

apparently neither you nor I will know the exact facts...

BTW: I consider his stance as a "preemptive strike" ............ he is not stupid (clueless maybe.. ).

As I stated earlier it is a matter between him and his church........

As to thousands in the collection plate...really???? I know in my church when I was growing up all donations were documented and published.. "small change" was not recorded of course.........but that is besides the point.

As a matter of thought do you think it would be surprising to find he paid zero taxes (wouldn't surprise me).. Would you be surprised if we was richer than we thought? (wouldn't surprise me)

so by process of elimination it only leaves one possible scenario of why he doesn't release 10 years worth of taxes..."Bishop Romney"........
08-14-2012, 11:01 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
What part of this did I misunderstand??????????????????????????????????????????

AS to MY ORIGINAL POINT: Romney can't release his past 10 years of taxes because it will show he shorted the "tithing" considerably...

My one and really ONLY point..............

What do you think?
I don't know if that is why he won't release his information. Personally, I think he is extremely liberal for a Mormon. It certainly is a possibility of why he won't release those tax documents, but I think more of it has to do with the fact that if he does release them the media will rape him. If he doesn't release them, the media will rape him. I've yet to see a poor Democrat get elected in my lifetime. It is a two way street and it never ends. But back to your point - your hypothesis is certainly a possibility, I just didn't agree with some of the reasons you got there. I don't like Romney much at all, but... I will leave this to rest on this topic.
08-14-2012, 11:12 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by zbrueningsen Quote
I don't know if that is why he won't release his information. Personally, I think he is extremely liberal for a Mormon. It certainly is a possibility of why he won't release those tax documents, but I think more of it has to do with the fact that if he does release them the media will rape him. If he doesn't release them, the media will rape him. I've yet to see a poor Democrat get elected in my lifetime. It is a two way street and it never ends. But back to your point - your hypothesis is certainly a possibility, I just didn't agree with some of the reasons you got there. I don't like Romney much at all, but... I will leave this to rest on this topic.
it has been a pleasure.. And I agree. topic is a bit exhausted (no more facts) and really no point in continuing. Glad we could get "on the same page" so to speak.....

As to a political beating well I think that ship sailed...........

08-16-2012, 05:39 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Watch the interview's first few minutes..
re: tax releases...tell me what you think.. funny she even mentions the 10%...
Chaffetz talks Paul Ryan - Video on NBCNews.com
08-16-2012, 10:27 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Original Poster
So after Ms. Mitt goes on about the tax returns Mr. Mitt also "opens up" BTW: Ms Mitt purposely mentions the 10% tithe unasked about..
Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent in taxes for past 10 years - The Washington Post

I love the comments:
QuoteQuote:

Buddydog
12:21 PM CDT
Way to put the focus right back on your refusal to release your returns, Mitt. It only took you four days since your VP announcement to get people's minds focused back on your weird, unprecedented and completely indefensible refusal to release your returns.
QuoteQuote:
brigig44
Ok now show us you tax returns Willard.Somehow ,everybody and their brother knows how much I paid for my house,what my income is and even my Social Security Number.YetMagic Underpants Boy can just 'tell' us about his returns? Ridiculous.
QuoteQuote:
tony_in_Durham_NC
What has happened to the Republican Party?
Where have all the grown-ups gone?
funny:
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/opinion/54664673-82/money-obama-business-deregulation.html.csp

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/16/romney-says-he-paid-at-least...ge-1/#comments
NOT going away..........

QuoteQuote:
Lynda/Minnesota

On Thursday he called insistent questions over his tax documents "small-minded compared to the broad issues that we face" such as unemployment and the nuclear threat from Iran.
-----------–

Notable quotes:

"I am not a crook" – Richard Nixon

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman" – Bill Clinton

"I did not father that child" – John Edwards

"Trust me" – Mitt Romney

Might just as well get 'em out now, Mitt. It's gonna dog you wherever you go.
QuoteQuote:
rs

It is nice to knw that Mr. Romney (who earns more in a day than I do in a year) pays at a rate about half I do, and aims to cut his own tax rate to .84%. It that his Presidential motivation?
August 16, 2012 01:28 pm at 1:28 pm
|

Last edited by jeffkrol; 08-16-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Closed Thread