Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-14-2012, 12:00 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster

QuoteQuote:
Thomas claims to base his beliefs on Vedism:
Vedism translates into knowledge. I am not this way because I am ignorant. Ignorance is the enemy
I have my doubts that Thomas could say anything educated at all about Vedism, or any other world religion for that matter.
He continues:
White people are to be protected under the civil rights law just as anyone else. It would be the same as if you asked that a congoid (a person from west/central Africa) not touch your food.
??? Lets send this guy to India so he can live in harmony with all the other 'Vedists'. I presume he's read something about the caste system, but is that even a religious tenet, or just a cultural thing?

08-14-2012, 10:24 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I did some study of the Vedas... a university course on Asian Studies... there are a few passages that could be construed as racist, just as there are a few that could be construed that way in the bible... but from my perspective, you'd have to be extremely prejudiced to claim racism in either case. You could make a case for it, just not a reasonable case. More intelligent people find the bases of modern physics in the Vedas as well. When you have "knowledge" that relies heavily on metaphor and allegory you can read a lot into it.