Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It is ALWAYS someone elses fault

You go Bambi..........................

Palin Vows to Protect Ryan From What Happened to her in 2008 - Fox News
QuoteQuote:
Palin told Fox News she believes Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., will certainly be scrutinized and vetted. But the 2008 vice presidential candidate says she "will be darned" if the same thing happens to him that happened to her in 2008, when she alleges the McCain campaign did not protect her from the "lame-stream media."

Palin says that there are a lot of people like her who will have Ryan's back. "We will call out the media for their lies and distortions as they try to thrash his reputation and his record," she said.

Palin remembers being thrust into the race, "going from Wasilla to the national/international stage with about four days' preparation." She blames the McCain campaign for the bumpy ride.

"I felt when I was thrust into that spotlight I didn't have a lot of people in the McCain campaign who had my back and would correct the media because they had a lot of friends in the media, and they wanted jobs with the media afterwards. They didn't really defend what I really stood for and what my record was all about," Palin said.

Palin makes it clear that she doesn't blame her running-mate, and doesn't think anyone else should either. "I don't want any poor reflection on Sen. John McCain, whom I dearly love and respect.
"

Read more: Palin Vows to Protect Ryan From What Happened to her in 2008 - Fox News

08-14-2012, 02:14 PM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

The best thing the Obama campaign could hope for is for Palin to step in to "help" Ryan.
08-14-2012, 02:19 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
The best thing the Obama campaign could hope for is for Palin to step in to "help" Ryan.
I suspect the "campaign" just told her to "be yourself".. The rest is history......

And yesserreee feel free to jump in Ms. Palin...
08-14-2012, 03:58 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Nah, the fact that she's a total nutcase windbag and couldn't even do the job she was hired to do by her own state had nothing absolutely nothing to do with why she couldn't get elected to one of the highest offices in the land...

08-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I'm sure Ryan is *thrilled* to have such a heavyweight standing by him.

The woman's self delusion is breathtaking. Mind you in a country the size of the USA there will always be enough ****tards to give you affirmation.
08-14-2012, 05:27 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Nah, the fact that she's a total nutcase windbag and couldn't even do the job she was hired to do by her own state had nothing absolutely nothing to do with why she couldn't get elected to one of the highest offices in the land...
I dunno about her not being able to do the job.. I'm sure she could have finished her term, had not a crap load of money heading to her bank account not got in the way. The fact that she couldn't wait a couple of years and just finished her job says a lot about her.
08-14-2012, 06:06 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
We'll never know if she really could do her job as governor for a full term. Governing requires a thick skin. She seems to be one of those politicians--a little like GWB--who are good at getting elected and really enjoy it, but don't have that much interest in governing.

08-14-2012, 09:02 PM   #8
Veteran Member

One thing the Democrats and Obama campaign can't count on - Ryan making himself look ridiculous in front of a camera. Ryan is a true wonk, he's relatively smart, and he's articulate. He's not going to personally self destruct the entire campaign as Palin almost did, and very easily could have had she granted even one more free-form interview.

The Obama campaign and the PACS will need to keep pressing on the details and meat of the Ryan budget, because it's truly horrifying and will accomplish almost nothing the far right thinks it will accomplish even if enacted... but Ryan himself will be able to defend it, or at least sound good defending it, even if the substance of that defense is smoke & mirrors. Palin couldn't make it on an 8th-grade debate team.
08-15-2012, 06:10 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
One thing the Democrats and Obama campaign can't count on - Ryan making himself look ridiculous in front of a camera. Ryan is a true wonk, he's relatively smart, and he's articulate. He's not going to personally self destruct the entire campaign as Palin almost did, and very easily could have had she granted even one more free-form interview.

The Obama campaign and the PACS will need to keep pressing on the details and meat of the Ryan budget, because it's truly horrifying and will accomplish almost nothing the far right thinks it will accomplish even if enacted... but Ryan himself will be able to defend it, or at least sound good defending it, even if the substance of that defense is smoke & mirrors. Palin couldn't make it on an 8th-grade debate team.
I'm not sure if he is a true wonk, because his numbers don't work. However, I agree 100% that he makes a far, far better impression that his predecessor candidate. He does a good job of playing a wonk on TV.
08-15-2012, 06:31 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Watching his back??????
QuoteQuote:
PALIN SUGGESTS OBAMA REPLACE BIDEN WITH HILLARY: Reacting to Biden’s chains comment on Greta Van Susteren’s Fox show last night, Sarah Palin said: “There weren't enough groans and boos when he said such a disgusting comment, really, especially to a demographic there that is -- includes about 48 percent of the community being black Americans. Greta, if that's not the nail in the coffin, really, the strategists there in the Obama campaign have got to look at a diplomatic way of replacing Joe Biden on the ticket with Hillary. And I don't want to throw out that suggestion and have them actually accept the suggestion because then an Obama-Hillary Clinton ticket would have a darn good chance of winning. But really, Joe Biden really drags down that ticket.”
08-15-2012, 11:19 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Has Biden totally lost his mind? What's he gonna do next, fist bump a black voter and say 'wassup, my n*****'?

Last edited by ihasa; 08-15-2012 at 11:34 AM.
08-15-2012, 11:45 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ihasa Quote
Has Biden totally lost his mind? What's he gonna do next, fist bump a black voter and say 'wassup, my n*****'?

08-15-2012, 11:50 AM   #13
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ihasa Quote
My initial thought was that Palin getting involved would help Obama. I still think it may, but only by offsetting some of the dumb ass stuff that Biden says.
08-15-2012, 12:27 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Dear Most White People: When rich white people say "We're taking America back," they don't mean you.

The "chains" statement is being taken out of context just like Obama's "You didn't build that" statement. Biden was talking about banks and how they want to get rid of even the completely inadequate Dodd-Frank protections. When he said "They want to put you back in chains" he wasn't talking about black people. He was talking about everybody but rich white people.
08-15-2012, 01:19 PM   #15
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
He was talking about everybody but rich white people.
So was he including rich black people? It's rumored that there are some. I say that to illustrate something:
I assume you didn't mean that as a racist comment any more than Biden meant his, but JB has been around politics long enough to know that people are going to play up what you say the way they want to present it; regardless of what you mean.