Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-20-2012, 12:07 PM   #16
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
It's currently about $3bn per year in military and foreign aid. Let's see what kind of return they get next year on that investment.
If Israel takes care of Iran for us without us getting directly involved, then I'd say it was a pretty good buy.

08-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
That aspect might have warranted an investigation. Who paid for the $10,000 hotel if it was not the government?
Right wing lobbyists? Despite the fact that all campaign finance law has *not* actually been done away with by the GOP, that's what that was.
08-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
If Israel takes care of Iran for us without us getting directly involved, then I'd say it was a pretty good buy.

No, Jim. Actually, Iran is the very most potentially-friendly nation in the *whole Middle East* to us right now. For all the top-down rhetoric from both governments.... including McCain 'singing' 'Bomb Iran,' despite the theocratic control and all that... Actually they're the most anxious-to-be-like 'us' people in the whole damn region.

(And no, I should clarify, that *doesn't* mean 'starting another 'pre-emptive war' *there* either. I mean, look at their place, time, culture, and paradigm. Half the things they 'hate' us for are like Bushco *breaking* our own ideals here.)
08-20-2012, 03:04 PM   #19
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Actually, Iran is the very most potentially-friendly nation in the *whole Middle East* to us right now.
That may be, but that won't necessarily stop us from bombing the crap out of them if whoever is in control at the time thinks that there is some political gain from it. One thing history has taught us, is that we don't learn anything from history.
If it's going to happen, (and I think it will) I'd rather it be done with some other nation's lives, money, and reputation.

Last edited by Parallax; 08-20-2012 at 03:15 PM.
08-20-2012, 03:12 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Daily Kos: GOP congressmen got drunk, went skinny dipping in Sea of Galilee

QuoteQuote:
Some evidence for the existence of God may be found in the fact that there seem to be no pictures of this event, for which we are all very, very thankful.

QuoteQuote:
So a bunch of GOP congressman get drunk, jump into the Sea of Galilee in various states of undress, with more than one of them probably shouting "Lookee me, I'm Jesus!" while holding restaurant wine glasses in one or both hands. But it's all good, because Eric Cantor (also on the trip) made sure to yell at them the next morning. No word on why this did not cause a diplomatic incident at the time, but I choose to believe it is because Republican congressmen get drunk and naked so often, during their very important trips to Israel to discuss regional security and what the best vantage points might be to watch Jesus come back and level the place, that it doesn't even raise eyebrows anymore.
08-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Goddess. As discussed earlier, I'll be the last one to condemn a little 'skyclad skinny-dipping,' but even his official portrait looks pretty damn sketchy.

There's kind of a fine distinction there, only not, where you can have a bunch of Pagans playing improvised volleyball without having bothered to wear clothese, and then in comes the Christian, and everyone sees how he looks at us and sorta covers up, he's like, 'What, is that your conscience?' And it's more like, 'Obviously, you're sketching us out with that look on your face, dude.'

Similar look. Actually.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 08-20-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Closed Thread