Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
08-26-2012, 06:45 PM   #31
MrB
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote

That is the thing, he is all about spending other peoples money.
Isn't that what governments of all stripes are about?

08-26-2012, 08:54 PM   #32
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
What POTUS used their own personal money to pay for wars that they start etc ?
That comment wasn't about money for wars. That was answered clearly below the war quote. You are switching out my comment regarding charity and the poor. As far as the bill for Iraq. I stated in a couple of threads long before the Political Forum was created that the bill should be sent to Dumbya's daddy and Halliburton.
08-26-2012, 09:03 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I stated in a couple of threads long before the Political Forum was created that the bill should be sent to Dumbya's daddy and Halliburton.
good luck w/ that, like arresting a banker... or....... (segue to funny story)

To get a grasp on Mitt Romney, start with the lesson of the muffin - Washington Times

QuoteQuote:
In 1981, a park ranger told Mr. Romney that he couldn’t lower his boat into Massachusetts’ Lake Cochituate because the craft’s license number was too hard to read.

Eager to go boating with his family, Mr. Romney asked how much the fine would be.
Fifty dollars, he was told.
Frugal enough to reportedly wear winter gloves patched with duct tape, Mr. Romney nevertheless did some quick mental math. The price of a ticket, he concluded, was worth an entire day of enjoyment. Clad in swim trunks, he began to move his boat into the water — only to have the agitated ranger take him into custody for disorderly conduct, a case that subsequently was dismissed.
and never vote for someone who won't eat a whole muffin..........

QuoteQuote:
Indeed, eating muffins the Romney way takes discipline: He consumes the top, and only the top, to better avoid the unhealthy butter that supposedly flows downward during baking, according to an account by one of his biographers.

“I was flying somewhere, I think Iowa, and Romney was on the same flight,” said Scott Helman, a staff writer at the Boston Globe and a co-author of “The Real Romney.” “We were chitchatting in the waiting area. He was eating a muffin, and he starts talking about, ‘Hey, did you know that the butter sinks to the bottom?’”

Mr. Helman laughed.
08-27-2012, 05:50 AM   #34
Banned

That comment wasn't about money for wars. That was answered clearly below the war quote. You are switching out my comment regarding charity and the poor. As far as the bill for Iraq. I stated in a couple of threads long before the Political Forum was created that the bill should be sent to Dumbya's daddy and Halliburton.
So exactly what were you talking about ?

08-27-2012, 09:21 AM - 2 Likes   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Republicans have changed what we used to see as a collective investment in our society and economy into a burden which increasingly must be borne by the individual in ever rising tuition rates.

Mitt Romney is leading the charge. He not only offers nothing to struggling students, he’s part of the machine that wants to roll back the clock to a time when college degrees were a luxury reserved for the wealthy elite and privileged few.

Over the past few days Mitt Romney has told students worried about getting loans for college that they should join the military or “shop around.” Sound advice… but only because Republicans have been jacking up the price of tuition and attempting to cut and limit grants and loans for decades.

“It would be popular for me to stand up and say I’m going to give you government money to pay for your college, but I’m not going to promise that.”

That’s right. Mitt Romney is being consistent for once.

Republicans Responsible For Increasing Cost of College | The Nevada View
08-27-2012, 09:57 AM   #36
JHD
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
No one has ever asked to see my birth certificate?
Now about those tax returns...
08-27-2012, 10:14 AM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JHD Quote
Now about those tax returns...
Michele Obama should have just told the press... "We've told you all YOU people need to know."

08-27-2012, 10:17 AM   #38
Veteran Member

Romney-Ryan Medicare Plan Would Cost 29-Year-Olds $331,200: Report

Romney-Ryan Medicare Plan Would Cost 29-Year-Olds $331,200: Report
QuoteQuote:
If Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan have their way, then Americans of all ages may be spending more on health care during their retirement.

If Romney becomes president and repeals the Affordable Care Act as promised, then retirement would cost $11,100 more for the average 65-year-old and $18,600 more for the average 55-year-old because of higher Medicare premiums and drug costs, according to a report from Harvard economist David Cutler, an Obamacare architect, and the Center for American Progress.

What's more, seniors on Medicare who depend on Medicaid would need to pay more than $2,500 more per year because of planned Medicaid cuts.

Romney's plan would cost younger Americans even more, since Romney and Ryan want to turn Medicare into a voucher system for Americans under 55 for when they qualify for Medicare. The report estimates that 48-year-olds would have to pay $124,600 more for Medicare during retirement under Romney's plan, 39-year-olds would have to pay $216,600 more during retirement, and 29-year-olds would have to pay $331,200 more during retirement in total. That's because the vouchers would not keep up with rising health care costs. For those 29-year-olds, the extra costs would consume 62 percent of their lifetime Social Security benefits.
08-27-2012, 10:25 AM   #39
Veteran Member

Of course those projections completely ignore the fact that Romney-Ryan will obviously break medical price inflation by applying market forces to the problem.

That is, once nobody has insurance nor money, the high priced, inefficient, Government coddled, Liberal beloved providers will respond accordingly.
08-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #40
Veteran Member

For fun...........
Fox News Wants You To Think Romneys Are Not Elitists - NewsHounds

I just love this comment;

QuoteQuote:
doors17 commented 1 hour ago ·

Yes, I’m sure we can all visualize one of Ann Romney’s two Cadillac’s trunk filled with the 64 roll package of toilet paper from Costco.
08-27-2012, 10:54 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Sorry..just love this....
08-27-2012, 10:59 AM   #42
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
For fun...........
Fox News Wants You To Think Romneys Are Not Elitists - NewsHounds

I just love this comment;
In March presidential candidate Mitt Romney found himself in the kind of awkward situation reserved for One-Percenters: Blueprints for the renovation of his $12 million La Jolla beach house were leaked to the press and spread across the Web. Nothing in the plans—not the 3,600-square-foot basement addition or outdoor shower—caught gawking readers’ imaginations like the split-level garage, with the latest piece of must-have residential exotica: a car elevator.

The former Massachusetts governor, worth $230 million by FORBES’ estimate, has attracted criticism for this opulent amenity, but he is by no means the first high-end homeowner to install an auto lift.

“It may not be a common home feature, but its popularity is growing rapidly,” claims Brad Davies, owner of American Custom Lifts, an Escondido, Calif. company that manufactures the PhantomPark, Romney’s elevator of choice. “We have 19 on order right now; it used to be 2 to 3 on order each month.”

Car Elevators Are The Latest In Luxury -- Just Ask Mitt Romney. - Forbes
08-27-2012, 12:45 PM   #43
Veteran Member

You just HAVE to laugh................

Andy Ostroy: Romney: It's Not My Platform...Those Guys Are NUTS!
QuoteQuote:
And isn't Romney the same guy who went from being pro-choice during his stint as governor of lefty Massachusetts to being the staunch anti-abortion guy who seeks to de-fund Planned Parenthood? The same Romney whose homoerotic bromance with Ryan is making Marcus Bachmann downright giddy?

"This is the platform of the Republican Party; it's not the platform of Mitt Romney," RNC Chair Reince Priebus said in defense of Romney.

It's all so confusing, like Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon but without Kevin Bacon and only needing two degrees to tie Mitt back to the legitimate-rape-and-abortion-obsessed radicals.

But here's the kicker: on the MSNBC Sunday program "Up with Chris Hayes," Romney policy advisor Avik Roy went even further in the distancing game by answering "very little" when Hayes asked how much currency the Tea Party radicals, whose influence on the platform is clear, will have in a Romney administration. Did you hear that Tea Partiers?!
08-27-2012, 04:10 PM - 1 Like   #44
Pentaxian

I'm not an American, although I lived in this fine country for about 18 months. I'm not a republican or a democrat...ultra conservative or ultra liberal in philosphy. I'm middle of the road. I also think there have been great presidents from both parties.

I don't think the last two president's have been very good. One was a republican, one a democrat.

At this point, if I was an American I would probably give Romney the nod.
08-27-2012, 06:32 PM   #45
Veteran Member

I don't think anyone can know yet if Obama is a great President (and don't forget the Presidency isn't nearly as powerful as many people seem to think). During Lincoln's tenure, he may have been the most despised President of all time. If you add up what Obama has managed to accomplish despite rabid hatred of him, and organized attempts to destroy anything he hoped to achieve, it is an impressive total.

Consider Obamacare. Critics claim he should have focused strictly on jobs during that first two years, but as the extent of damage done to our economy by Wall Street greed and warmongering in Iraq has continued to reveal itself, it is clear that not much more could have been done in two years to help what was already ruined. The unfortunate fact is, recovery will be a long, slow process that will take longer than 4 or even 8 years (and a lot longer if Romney get elected and takes us back to the stupidity that got us in this mess to begin with).

But during that relatively small window Obama had, where he had majorities in both the Senate and House, he may have sensed it might be the only chance for a long time to get some sort of health care reform passed (and he was right). The people who are so upset now about not enough jobs may one day, say down the road when their wife or child cannot be dropped for costing the HMO too much or having a preexisting condition, be grateful that Obama did what most other developed nations do for their citizens, and what so many in the past failed to do for the US. And if any of these Obamacare haters are saved from bankruptcy because of it, they may even realize reducing the cost of living can be as important as making money.

So I think we need time to judge Obama, and he needs another term in office to take advantage of the hard lessons he's learned over the last four years.

Last edited by les3547; 08-27-2012 at 11:45 PM.
Closed Thread