Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-27-2012, 04:36 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
...but then D800 came and made it impossible to ignore the potential of replacing our kits with all the glass for the price as a single 645D body.
If you are dependent on your camera for an income, that looks like a perfectly logical explanation, Spock would have said...

QuoteQuote:
FTR. I hate being mainstream. And shooting Nikon only makes me feel like a clone in a world of clones.
Don't hate being "mainstream" or feeling like a clone - it's all marketing psychology that makes you feel like that but the camera is just a tool - if it delivers on what you need, why care what the name badge states?

QuoteQuote:
But what can we do? we're at a cross-road, and the devil deals with profit.
It's your business and you need to feel confident with the tools you use.

QuoteQuote:
To bad there isn't a Nikon forum like this one though
I'm sure there must be one.

I can only add that you chose what looks to me as an awesome camera and I'm sure that's all that matters. Here's wishing you good luck, good business and good fun with the D800!

08-27-2012, 04:41 AM   #17
Veteran Member

For a Nikon forum like Pentaxforums.com, I prefer NikonCafe though it's not as busy...
08-27-2012, 05:18 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
For a Nikon forum like Pentaxforums.com, I prefer NikonCafe though it's not as busy...
Nikon Rumours looks busier and they seem to know what they are talking about - but I am not a member there yet so for the rest can't comment.
08-27-2012, 05:35 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This site caters for all systems not just Pentax !!!!!! Sure as hell no reason to leave here ! Ive been on a few other forums, and the truth is... this forum knocks spots off them all. I use both nikon and pentax. This site has far and above the most members with superb knowledge. Like has been said.... who cares what who uses ! It should not bother anyone, even if they are using a box brownie. Its the picture that matters.

08-27-2012, 05:47 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's exhausting and expensive to run at the front of the pack.

Chris
08-27-2012, 06:24 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, good luck, John! I definitely have appreciate your input over the years to the forum and hope you won't leave, even if you are shooting with a D800.

Hopefully, too, Pentax will be releasing some new stuff in another three to four weeks and maybe, just maybe, that could change your mind?
08-27-2012, 08:43 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Good luck on the new camera. We all have to decide which system will work best for our needs and I hope it works out for you.

08-27-2012, 08:49 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Good bye John the pentax user- ! Good luck and all that. Err...Welcome aboard, John the dual system user - i assume you'll stay in the boards like all of us dual users ?

I do love the speed of AF.
08-27-2012, 02:11 PM   #24
Veteran Member

No reason to leave, post a couple pics in the FF thread.