Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
08-30-2012, 01:51 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kozlok Quote
Look, I don't like to get into political discussions on my hobby time. I made a mistake getting into this in the first place. I do just want to say one more thing: It's not like I know 1 or 2 civil servants. I have seen THOUSANDS of them in action. Our government, through many many decades of incompetence on both sides of the aisle, is structured to fail. Most civil service departments are judged based on spending their money as fast as possible. There is nearly no accountability of how it gets spent, unless some Senator sticks his nose into it. And that's only to reward his cronies. If you know which cronies to pay off, everything goes fine. All that matters is that the money gets spent quickly. If the GSA scandal were an isolated incident, that would be fine, but the reality is many of our highly paid civil servants spend ALL their time traveling on our dime, doing nothing except wasting money. I wish I was joking. I personally know of hundreds of them that do this traveling on average 3 weeks a month, all so they can "manage their program". It's hogwash, they just like week after week of paid vacations. Is there any surprise that government conferences are all in nice places to visit? No.

There is no way our federal government will make healthcare better, cheaper or more available. It just won't happen. If you think it will, you haven't spent enough time around our civil servants or examining the results of any government program.

Look at any department: Let's pick to DOE: Decades of waste and spending, zero progress on energy. What about the war on poverty: Billions spent over decades, no net change in poverty level. Bush made Department of Homeland Security: We are not safer with these ass clowns around. Feeling up my grandmother before she gets on a plane isn't helping. Every terrorist that has been subdued on an airplane has been subdued by an ordinary citizen. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac securing home ownership for the middle class: Didn't work out either.

What we need is a central government confined to the enumerated powers in the constitution. Both sides of the aisle have perverted the constitution to meet their ideological constituencies, all to our collective detriment.

Anyone here who thinks that more federal government is a good thing, good luck with that fantasy.

I won't check back here. I will do my best to not engage in these issues.
The ACA is not a federally controlled healthcare system though is it - the government sets the parameters (the ACA), but delivery is then up to the states, insurers, employers and healthcare providers.

President Obama Speaks on Health Reform - YouTube

08-30-2012, 06:59 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by les3547 Quote
Indeed I have, I got stitched up at one. However, I agree they've been managed poorly, but that proves nothing about their ability to be managed, only the desire to manage them. Plenty of small business are managed poorly, so are large businesses . . . in fact, you can't name any category of organization where there aren't good and bad examples of management.
And even with some bad examples, many of which were at some time in the past, satisfaction with the VA consistently polls higher than satisfaction with private insurance and delivers comparable care. Defense.gov News Article: VA Outranks Private Sector in Health Care Patient Satisfaction 'Socialized' or Not, We Can Learn from the VA | RAND
08-30-2012, 07:06 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
BTW, before the convention, Romney's polling was trending down. It is mostly that people don't like him, and Ryan hasn't helped. Romney?s popularity dips ahead of opening night I'm sure he will get a boost from the televised cheerleading this week.