08-30-2012, 05:32 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Bush=Romney.. Romney=Bush

Anyone care to show me a difference???

GOP Convention, Mitt Romney Haunted By Ghost Of George W. Bush

T
QuoteQuote:
hat tax cuts for the rich will create jobs, and that Romney is bringing a fresh new approach that can turn the country's fortunes around.
"What they want to go back to is exactly what Bush did then, and that didn't work," said presidential historian and Millsaps College professor Robert S. McElvaine. Romney's economic proposals "are exactly the sorts of things that resulted in the economic declines in 1928 and 2008."
"They want to try it again, but they don't want to remind people of that fact by having Bush around," he said.
Under Bush, tax breaks and lax regulations led to skyrocketing deficits and an economic collapse, while at the same time dramatically increasing poverty and inequality. A bellicose foreign policy led to two hugely costly wars, left unfinished.
Better just to pretend it didn't happen.
QuoteQuote:
On the foreign policy front, Romney also seems to be following a Bush-like path. Princeton University historian and author Sean Wilentz wrote in an email to the Huffington Post that "though it's hard to get a fix on Romney's foreign policy ideas (to the extent that he has any), the neo-conservatives who enjoyed so much influence under Bush seem to be rested and ready to take the helm under a Romney administration."
QuoteQuote:
"Still, Bush was a weak president who gave much too much authority to his vice president and to others inside the executive branch until the last two years of his presidency, when he took a different tack. Romney, having caved to the right wing of his party on so much over the last few years, most lately by selecting Paul Ryan, has not appeared to be a pillar of strength."
Then again do you really want the "difference"...
QuoteQuote:
To the Tea Partiers who now make up the angry, spiritual core of the party, Bush wasn't nearly radical or merciless enough.

"Bush was a pre-Tea Party president," anti-tax advocate Grover Norquist told Huff Post Tuesday.

Merry said Tea Partiers are particularly incensed that Bush never used his veto power to rein in spending. "It isn't very often that we have a two-term president who seems to be out of sync with the party almost immediately upon leaving office."
"I think these young Republicans -- and Paul Ryan is a prime example -- privately look back at George Bush as a disaster in economic policy," said Merry. "In selecting Paul Ryan, Romney has essentially indicated that he agrees with that."
But H.W. Brands, a University of Texas historian, said that it might be hard for any Republican president to reach the Tea Party's anti-government standards.
"Bush wasn't sufficiently anti-government for the Tea Party," he said, but added, "No president can be. If the Tea Party folks look closely at Reagan, they will discover they don't really like him either."

08-30-2012, 10:01 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I,m still waiting for the definitive "not like Bush" statement...............
08-30-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
Veteran Member

G'Day from Oz.
I've heard Romney speak, & I also saw his wife on TV the other night, in a red dress, talking about....LOVE.....all very flowery, "feel good" type of stuff.
I ain't no "expert" on Politics, just what I think is the right thing to do, and what is not.
So, can anyone please tell me in a few words, what they think will be the difference, not only for the American people, but for the World, between a Romney administration, & an Obama one.
Thank You, Pickles.
08-30-2012, 05:38 PM   #4
Banned

Romney = #1 BS artist on the planet

He talks about the $16 Trillion deficit today yet he says he is going to lower it by giving a huge tax break to the top 1% , increase defense spending, not cut medicare or SS but not say a word that everything else has to get cut by at least 40% for that to happen. The Republican base have to be the dumbest people on the planet to believe that pile of BS.

QuoteQuote:
Blowhard politician who claims to be conservative, although he's really whatever he thinks his audience wants at any given moment.

Dodged the Vietnam War draft claiming he needed to go to France on a mission for his cult. While in France, he pimped his cult door to door, including his cult's philosophy that blacks were lesser people. All this draft dodging behavior occured while black American soldiers died fighting to save him and his fellow cult members from Communism. For some reason, this irreconcilable hypocrisy was never reported during his recent presidential run. Political correctness won the day.
Urban Dictionary: mitt romney

08-30-2012, 05:57 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pickles Quote
G'Day from Oz.
I've heard Romney speak, & I also saw his wife on TV the other night, in a red dress, talking about....LOVE.....all very flowery, "feel good" type of stuff.
I ain't no "expert" on Politics, just what I think is the right thing to do, and what is not.
So, can anyone please tell me in a few words, what they think will be the difference, not only for the American people, but for the World, between a Romney administration, & an Obama one.
Thank You, Pickles.
Obama most likely will not attempt to blow up Iran.. Romney.. juries out on that one......"Puppet" Romney will have less influence in our crazy Congress on this matter......

The "world" won't be impacted so much, if you don't mind a bunch of Mormons coming to your shores (just kidding, I hope)............

addendum
Obama is more "worldly" w/ Mitt you just get a very powerful "ugly american"...
you know a lot more (sorry Nesster)

"you people" "little island" "I have my concerns" "I like to fire people who service me badly".." I love your little island, the trees are the right height"

QuoteQuote:
“I was born and raised here. I love this state. It seems right here. The trees are the right height,” he told the crowd. “I like seeing the lakes. I love the lakes. There’s something very special here. The Great Lakes, but also all the little inland lakes that dot the parts of Michigan. I love cars.”

This of course gave MSNBC’s Chris Matthews plenty of fodder, starting first with his assertion, “I sometimes wonder if he’s been reintroduced to this planet from a long visit[ing] extraterritorial, out of the solar system; that he doesn’t speak our exact language.”

“Here’s a guy who’s been running for president since he was born, and he talks like this… I’m waiting for him to start talking about precious bodily fluids.

Time magazine’s Joe Klein, who looked particularly disheveled yesterday, remarked, “It’s hard to talk about your home state when you have five of them.”
http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/178811/the-trees-are-the-right-height-eviden...y-is-an-alien/

Howard Fineman from the Huffington Post meanwhile wondered if Romney is a Conehead, the alien species made famous by Jane Curtain and Dan Aykroyd, because of his use of the word “varment” while discussing his dubious past as a hunter, as if Romney over-corrects his language when veering off linguistic course.

Last edited by jeffkrol; 08-31-2012 at 06:45 AM.
08-31-2012, 06:45 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I don't know... though I kept switching to the Roseanne roast during Rubio's speech, the informercial film they showed, Clint, and the start of Romney's speech had me switching... yes, I was going to vote for Romney. He is so reasonable, so American, so... so... fatherly, like on all those old TV shows. But then it was 11 PM and I switched to Stewart/Colbert and learned, amongst other things, how to 'change it' and that Mitt is one year older than Robert Plant. I think I'll vote for Bobby Plant now. I mean, isn't America great!? To think two men, so different, could become wildly successful, and be born a year apart? So they say Plant is really British, but is he, really? He, like a true American, took the labor and culture of our Black citizens and turned it into real product, saleable worldwide, and thus ennobled these courageus American people's labors.
08-31-2012, 06:52 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
I don't know... though I kept switching to the Roseanne roast during Rubio's speech, the informercial film they showed, Clint, and the start of Romney's speech had me switching... yes, I was going to vote for Romney. He is so reasonable, so American, so... so... fatherly, like on all those old TV shows. But then it was 11 PM and I switched to Stewart/Colbert and learned, amongst other things, how to 'change it' and that Mitt is one year older than Robert Plant. I think I'll vote for Bobby Plant now. I mean, isn't America great!? To think two men, so different, could become wildly successful, and be born a year apart? So they say Plant is really British, but is he, really? He, like a true American, took the labor and culture of our Black citizens and turned it into real product, saleable worldwide, and thus ennobled these courageus American people's labors.
ohhh snap........... And yes "we can change it"............ way too funny............

at least "Led" knew who really settled North America...... "we come from the land of ice and snow"...........

08-31-2012, 03:17 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Well, like I said, I know very little about U.S. Politics, but......the more I see & hear Romney....the more I dislike him.....all smiley smiley, lovey dovey, we can fix everything, we'll do it together......BUT NO REAL SUBSTANCE to what he says....I think he's full of it.
Cheers, Pickles.
09-15-2012, 06:20 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
My question answered.................

Romney and the GOP still toe the Bush line - latimes.com

Meanwhile, if reducing taxes on the wealthy really spurs them to create jobs -- an article of faith among Republicans -- one wonders why they have failed so spectacularly to do so.