Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-31-2012, 08:03 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
tsk tsk Karl

Exclusive: Inside Karl Rove's Billionaire Fundraiser - Businessweek
QuoteQuote:

On the final morning of the Republican National Convention, Karl Rove took the stage at the Tampa Club to provide an exclusive breakfast briefing to about 70 of the Republican party’s highest-earning and most powerful donors. During the more than hour-long session, Rove explained to an audience dotted with hedge fund billionaires and investors—including John Paulson and Wilbur Ross—how his super PAC, American Crossroads, will persuade undecided voters in crucial swing states to vote against Barack Obama. He also detailed plans for Senate and House races, and joked, “We should sink Todd Akin. If he’s found mysteriously murdered, don’t look for my whereabouts!”

Then Rove pleaded with his audience for more money—much more.

This rare look at the mechanics of SuperPac fundraising and electoral strategy was likely not intended for reporters. I was invited as the guest of a financier who is a significant Republican donor. The financier knew that I was a journalist. At no point was I presented with, nor did I agree to, restrictions regarding the information I heard. Upon my arrival at the breakfast, I was not asked if I was a journalist. I gave my name, identified the person who had invited me, was handed a wristband, and ushered into the dining room. American Crossroads disputes this version of events, but a spokesman did not immediately return calls to elaborate.
QuoteQuote:
“We spent—outside groups spent $110 million and Romney spent $42 million,” Rove continued. “So the bad guys [Democrats] spent $130 million and the good guys [Republicans] spent $152 million, and our money didn’t go as far as theirs because we couldn’t buy at the lowest unit rate. Really, it was sort of roughly equivalent, and we fought it to a draw.” And that, Rove pointed out, was after a brutal Republican primary. “We have to keep in mind whose vote we’re trying to get—it ain’t the delegate from Alaska. It’s not the alternate from Alabama. It’s some undecided voter in the battleground state who likes the president.”

Rove spoke almost exclusively about defeating Barack Obama and retaking control of the White House. There was sparse praise for Mitt Romney—either as a candidate or as a future leader and policy maker.
I'm starting to see a pattern of true Republicans trying to reign in these idiots.. good luck all..............

08-31-2012, 12:14 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Top GOP Strategist Karl Rove Loses Cool Under Questioning from "Boss Rove" Author Craig Unger
09-02-2012, 10:42 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well he apoligised for wanting to murder someone......... Akins accepts..
anyways a bit more;

Karl Rove reveals anti-Obama strategy in private donor briefing - latimes.com
QuoteQuote:
The session was reported on by Bloomberg’s Sheelah Kolhatkar, who wrote that she attended the event at the invitation of a significant Republican donor. She said she gave her name and was allowed in the session.
“At no point was I presented with, or did I agree to, restrictions regarding the information I heard,” she wrote. “Upon my arrival at the breakfast, I was not asked if I was a journalist.”
Crossroads spokesman Jonathan Collegio said Kolhatkar gained access to the meeting by not appropriately identifying herself.
"Bloomberg's reporter unethically misrepresented herself to gain access to a private meeting, while reporters who followed the [Society of Professional Journalists] code of ethics were turned away,” he said in a statement.