Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
Banned

Designer lunch bag selling for $290 !

QuoteQuote:
A brown paper lunch bag appears to be the hottest new must-have accessory among fashionistas around the world.

But not just any lunch bag. German fashion designer Jil Sander has come up with what many are calling the “world’s most expensive paper bag.”

The rectangular sack, which looks exactly like what students and office workers use to carry their lunches, is being sold by LN-CC.com for $290.

Marketed as a men’s bag, it’s made from coated paper and features brown stitching along the seams and two metal eyelets near the base.

The designer’s name, Jil Sander, is printed on the front panel to ensure that no one mistakes it for any ordinary lunch sack.

According to the NY Daily News, the Jil Sander store in SoHo is already out of stock, and the medium-sized version of the bag is sold out on the LN-CC website. Thankfully for those desperate to get their hand on one, the small version is still available for $275.

If the price for a paper bag seems a bit high, consider Louis Vuitton’s own shabby chic creation from 2010: his Raindrop Besace purse, which at the time retailed for approximately $2,000, was modeled after a plastic garbage bag.
Designer lunch bag selling for $290 - CBC News

Last edited by jogiba; 09-02-2012 at 08:43 PM.
09-03-2012, 04:28 AM   #2

There is a sucker born every day

There is one born every day.$290 goes half way to buying a nice new lens. Cute joke for the first couple of lunches, but not hugely comfortable. I could see a workmate chucking the empty bag out after lunch is eaten. For that sort of money, I will design you something really chic, stylish and practical that would not get chucked out in a hurry.As a general rule, if you can make the item yourself for less(taking in to account the time), do so. I bought a nice leather(non designer brand) shoulder bag with lots of compartments and reasonably comfortable on eBay recently for $34. Much more stylish really as well as practical.
A paper bag is sort of 10 cents(if that). You could buy 2,900 paper bags for the cost of this. Will it still be cute after this many lunches?(12 years, every work day.) I think not.Even the Fisheye Freak's designs will get boring after 12 years.Someone please put me in touch with this outfit that can induce people to spend so much on a paper bag-I will design them something much better in real materials. Wonder if the wife would go out with a FisheyeFreak (R) original handbag?

As I said, there is none born every day.
09-03-2012, 04:42 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
this is ridiculous ! 290$ for a piece of kraft paper with two small hole ...

In fact i don't know what is the most ludicrous : the fact that it cost $290 or that so many people bough it to bring this "out of stock" ?
09-03-2012, 06:18 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Designer + fools = huge income for designer

09-03-2012, 02:58 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Sadly, there is no law against stupidity.
09-04-2012, 09:04 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The 2 holes at the bottom effectively defeat the purpose of the bag. Anything that leaks inside will not be contained. However, it does prevent anybody from blowing into the bag and popping it which is the first thing I would do if a co-worker showed up with one.