Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-04-2012, 02:35 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Jindal.. not enough Fed money!

Hurricane Isaac, Isaac, Louisiana, FEMA, Obama, sinkhole, Jindal

Gov. Bobby Piyush Jindal has done it again.

Just when you think he can’t get any more arrogant, he responds by flexing his string bean Barney Fife-like muscles at President Obama over—you guessed it—federal funds.

It all started with an Aug. 26 request from Jindal to Obama for reimbursement “for all emergency protective measures” against the threat of tropical storm and soon-to-be hurricane Isaac.
What the state got instead was a federal declaration of emergency that provided only for direct federal assistance. “Unfortunately, your limited declaration does not provide for reimbursement of expenses that the state is taking to prepare for the storm,” Jindal said.
Remember, this is the governor who eschews federal grants on the grounds that federal money means federal interference and control.
Now it appears that he wants to cherry pick what he does and does not want in the way of federal funds.
Jindal’s response was all too typical of his wanting everything his way—whether it involves public education, higher education, health care, or oil spills in the Gulf of Mexico.
Everything, that is, except that Bayou Corne sinkhole in Assumption Parish. The sinkhole, the size of three football fields and 380 feet deep, is only 1500 feet from a butane-filled cavern. That’s one place Jindal has never shown his face despite–or maybe because of–the lingering threat of a major explosion.
That could be because on Jan. 21, 2011, Texas Brine Co. notified the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) by letter of a “failed mechanical integrity test (MIT) of the company’s subject brine production well. At the time, Texas Brine was in the process of sectioning out a portion of the lower cemented casing to allow additional salt extraction. Testing indicated the well lacked sufficient integrity for continued production.
DNR apparently concealed documents showing that the cavern may have had problems since 2010.

09-04-2012, 05:04 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
Hurricane Isaac, Isaac, Louisiana, FEMA, Obama, sinkhole, Jindal

Gov. Bobby Piyush Jindal has done it again.

Just when you think he can’t get any more arrogant, he responds by flexing his string bean Barney Fife-like muscles at President Obama over—you guessed it—federal funds.

It all started with an Aug. 26 request from Jindal to Obama for reimbursement “for all emergency protective measures” against the threat of tropical storm and soon-to-be hurricane Isaac.
What the state got instead was a federal declaration of emergency that provided only for direct federal assistance. “Unfortunately, your limited declaration does not provide for reimbursement of expenses that the state is taking to prepare for the storm,” Jindal said.
Remember, this is the governor who eschews federal grants on the grounds that federal money means federal interference and control.
Now it appears that he wants to cherry pick what he does and does not want in the way of federal funds.
Jindal’s response was all too typical of his wanting everything his way—whether it involves public education, higher education, health care, or oil spills in the Gulf of Mexico.
Everything, that is, except that Bayou Corne sinkhole in Assumption Parish. The sinkhole, the size of three football fields and 380 feet deep, is only 1500 feet from a butane-filled cavern. That’s one place Jindal has never shown his face despite–or maybe because of–the lingering threat of a major explosion.
That could be because on Jan. 21, 2011, Texas Brine Co. notified the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) by letter of a “failed mechanical integrity test (MIT) of the company’s subject brine production well. At the time, Texas Brine was in the process of sectioning out a portion of the lower cemented casing to allow additional salt extraction. Testing indicated the well lacked sufficient integrity for continued production.
DNR apparently concealed documents showing that the cavern may have had problems since 2010.
Jeff, I'm wondering what you're response to this article would have been if Jindal were a Leftist Democrat? Different or non-existent, I suspect.
09-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jimH Quote
Jeff, I'm wondering what you're response to this article would have been if Jindal were a Leftist Democrat? Different or non-existent, I suspect.
ONE he/she wouldn't first sneer at the Fed then beg them for cash.. THAT we should be able to agree on..

It is fairly SOP proceedure to have Rep. governors bash the lagresse of the Fed till they want something.. IF "my guy" said the same thing I'd ay the same thing...Hypocracy is hypocracy..
did you miss the part where I was coomenting on Obama being a Republican "in the spirit of the old Republicans"...............

do you think I agree w/ every and anything he says...??

NO..........

do I look at the current Rep. party and see them as TRUELY anti-American in the spirit of the founding fathers vision....... YES I do...

THE MOST honest and real ideas are supported by neither party... yet I am forced to draw a line somewhere.. and it certainty doesn't put me on the Rep. side....
I see the Rep. as protecting their idea of a lily white america w/ no room for "minorities" or anyone thinking differently.. THAT my friend is UN-American........from my perspective..
Like that obese gov. said..It's not about love but respect"... Thanks daddy!!!

White house beer.. Can't get any more "american" than that!!
QuoteQuote:
As far as we know the White House Honey Brown Ale is the first alcohol brewed or distilled on the White House grounds. George Washington brewed beer and distilled whiskey at Mount Vernon and Thomas Jefferson made wine but there's no evidence that any beer has been brewed in the White House. (Although we do know there was some drinking during prohibition…)

Since our first batch of White House Honey Brown Ale, we've added the Honey Porter and have gone even further to add a Honey Blonde this past summer. Like many home brewers who add secret ingredients to make their beer unique, all of our brews have honey that we tapped from the first ever bee-hive on the South Lawn. The honey gives the beer a rich aroma and a nice finish but it doesn't sweeten it.
Ale to the Chief: White House Beer Recipe | The White House

Stuffed shirt Romney??
MSNBC host: Romney’s abstinence from alcohol a presidential disqualification | The Daily Caller
QuoteQuote:
According to Bashir, former President George W. Bush didn’t drink as president either and he somehow tied that to his success as a commander-in-chief.

“Take George W. Bush. He enjoyed a very warm relationship with alcohol until he decided to ditch the stuff after waking up with a hangover on his 40th birthday,” Bashir said. “A hangover? Perhaps the perfect word to describe the condition of the country upon the completion of his second term.”

To bolster his allegation, Bashir also cited another leader that didn’t drink — former President Jimmy Carter, as well as a list of those he sees as successful leaders that did indulge, including Ronald Reagan, Barack Obama, Franklin Delano Roosevelt and Winston Churchill.
Read more: MSNBC host: Romney’s abstinence from alcohol a presidential disqualification | The Daily Caller

"shivvveeer"
QuoteQuote:
Despite the valiant efforts, both CNN's Piers Morgan and Fox News' Megyn Kelly failed miserably -- all that could be extracted from the five bright-eyed Romney-bots is that they're beefcakes, they don't smoke, don't drink, don't use profanity, don't "womanize," and they really, really (really) love their dad.

Simply put, they're terrifying and can't be trusted
Mitt Romney's Five Sons Don't Drink, Don't Smoke, And Really Love Their Dad. They're Terrifying - New York - News - Runnin' Scared
09-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Obama released his secret beer recipe, and RMoney won't even tell us how much he pays in taxes...

09-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think the feds should pay for snow removal too.
09-05-2012, 10:00 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
I think the feds should pay for snow removal too.
Ahh the "good old days".. My city used to do that.. Streets and sidewalks...The luxury of the 60's.... gee I miss them.. What happened??? LOL
Of course they sprayed a LOT of DDT as well.........
Closed Thread