Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-05-2012, 03:18 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Okay That's It I've About Had It With This Shiz...

Logged on to look at my local news just now and found out the grocery store that's literally around the corner from my house has been robbed. For the record that's the 2nd grocery I use to get busted in 6 months, the third store including my local pharmacy. At least a dozen more small variety stores, drug stores, liquor stores, convenience stores, et all have also been busted and I supposedly live in the good part of town. :P

This one is really bugging me though because I go over there as late as 9PM all the time and I've not really thought much of it. The bigger strip mall grocery store has been robbed several times but this grocery is the neighborhood one basically. It's much smaller and friendlier and we all go there. The whole neighborhood practically hangs out in the parking lot so it's always seemed so much safer to go there at night if you needed a quick quart of milk than up to the mall. Not anymore apparently....

It's definitely time to move....grr....

09-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
But Mags , don't you feel badly for those poor oppressed individuals who were forced by an elitist society to aquire funds from the evil capitalist store owners?
09-05-2012, 08:01 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What is your zip code magkelly?
09-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hrm, I dunno, there's been kind of a spike in robberies and gunfire over the past week, just locally, and the past couple weeks around town, it seems, actually . : don't know if it has to do with the sheer craziness that seemed to be going around last month, but there's a pattern here that's not the usual up this way: There has to be something systemic about it, either the mood the town's have been in, some change in the drug supply out there, maybe some frustration about the political conventions, if those types even pay attention to more than 'No help there,' in the case of Tampa at least... I just can't tell what's up for sure.

Does seem the police presence has either been cut back or shifted around somewhat. (Possibly they're cracking down over *there* where the robberies and stuff started, and the crooks are shifting more up this way in response. Hard to tell.