Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-05-2012, 10:43 AM   #1

Anyone been to the Fox Theater in Redwood City?

So I'm looking for some guidance. I'm going to buy tickets to see 2Cellos (awesome, look it up) for my girlfriends birthday. They're going to be at the Fox Theater in Redwood City, CA Oct 14th. I'm agonizing over my seating choices. I'm not sure if its better to be front row but off to the side (front and center sold out) or be front row on the mezzanine. I've never been there so I have no idea how it's set up. A picture hunt on Google and Flickr didn't provide answers either. If you've been there, where are the best seats?

09-05-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have been there a few times. Personally I would go for the front row on the floor off to the side. I think that I saw George Thorogood from about that seating. It was enjoyable and the theatre itself is not very large. If I remember correctly the mezzanine is much further back than the floor seating. You will probably be much closer to the action with the floor seats. They are front row!
09-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks lammie200. I'm just afraid of being TOO far off to the side. It's only a 2 man show so there isn't a lot going on on the edges of the stage. What's weird is that the mezzanine seats are 150 dollars a piece. Makes me think they have a great view. Front row on the floor is 150 as well. If I wanted to be in the center on the floor, I'd have to be 11 rows back. But seats are cheaper there at 50 a piece.

Another thing that worries me are the actual physical seats. Some pictures I saw showed regular folding chairs for floor seating. There was no incline or step to the seating. So basically if a tall person was in front of you, you're S.O.L. My girlfriend is 4'11" so this is important.
09-05-2012, 05:15 PM   #4

Original Poster
Well, I bought tickets. I called the box office and the sweet girl working helped me out. The floor seats are indeed rows and rows of folding chairs. That was a no go for me. Plus, the mezzanine just got new theater seats installed. She said you get a view of the whole stage but it isn't super high like the balcony. Now I just gotta hide the huge credit card charge from the girlfriend for a whole month!!