Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
09-07-2012, 11:18 PM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
Ken, it is not the acting but the language skills. Too many business majors I've encountered aren't learning to write.

One of my best friends has a daughter and son-in-law trained in the movie business. They got some small parts, wrote some TV episodes and did all right for a while, but the series was cancelled and they eventually had to give it up. The "big call" never came. Now they are getting used to being employed and living new mom and dad.
Damn I just got done writing you a long and eloquent reply tha t somehow got lost in cyberspace That said , yes you are absolutely right about lack of comunication skills in many of our best and brightest. God forbid they ever have to live w/o PC's ehhhhh WTF is a slide rule. Best wishes to the young parents , Their challenges are great , may their rewards be equal.

09-08-2012, 02:47 AM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Higher education has gone out of sight in cost in a similar way to health care. It is way out of proportion to overall inflation. I had a full scholarship to a private university, but the cost of tuition there would have been $35 per credit hour when I started. Now the cost at that school is $1,300 per hour. Other than health care, it is hard to think of too many expenses that have gone up by nearly a factor of 40 since the mid '70s. Even gasoline, which was ridiculously cheap back then, is only about 7 times more expensive. I suspect that the state university tuition kept a check on the private tuition back then, and it was a great option for my brother.