Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
09-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnInIndy Quote
Everyone wants to see Romney's tax returns. Why? It's not a legal requirement and he has released some of them.
How about Mr. Obama releases his college records? Why are they still sealed? What is he hiding? What will Romney's tax returns prove? That he's rich? Gee you didn't know that already?
It's the Dem's version of Obama's birth certificate

09-06-2012, 04:28 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Nope.

So why doesn't the Obama (all hail the obama) let them release the records? What's in them? Inquiring minds may want to know. I don't particularly care since I wouldn't vote for him but some may. Have a feeling they would be way more interesting than Romney's tax returns.
I have not bothered to look into what the neo-birthers think is hidden in there... I can say for myself, I learned Latin and read Julius Caesar in high school - I think that proves I'm a Roman Imperialist? And took a seminar in Freud where we read and discussed nearly every book the man ever wrote... I suppose that makes me a Freudian? Ditto, I took a course in Structuralism which makes me a French post-marxist philosopher? I read Mein Kampf, which means I'm a Nazi. I did not read Das Kapital, which is a relief, though I did read Ho Chi Minh... but I'm confused as I read Burke, Locke and Paine back to back... so I don't know if I'm conservative or liberal?

Clearly this stuff is ridiculous crap. You study stuff in high school and college not to 'become one' but to learn the ideas, the methods of thought, the history of how we have got here. It is called learning, liberal arts education, critical thinking.

Oh, I forgot, the Republican platform came out against all that...
09-06-2012, 06:15 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
I have not bothered to look into what the neo-birthers think is hidden in there...
seems they question whether he was a "foreign exchange student"......or not..

Certainly can't care about grades.. Our worshiped rep. gov. never finished college.
09-06-2012, 06:23 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
seems they question whether he was a "foreign exchange student"......or not..

Certainly can't care about grades.. Our worshiped rep. gov. never finished college.
Many successful people didn't. Like Bill Gates. I've known many successful people that have done quite well for themselves and never went to college. By the same token I know many who have gotten their degrees still tending bar because there aren't any openings in their chosen profession.

09-06-2012, 06:34 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have not bothered to look into what the neo-birthers think is hidden in there... I can say for myself, I learned Latin and read Julius Caesar in high school - I think that proves I'm a Roman Imperialist? And took a seminar in Freud where we read and discussed nearly every book the man ever wrote... I suppose that makes me a Freudian? Ditto, I took a course in Structuralism which makes me a French post-marxist philosopher? I read Mein Kampf, which means I'm a Nazi. I did not read Das Kapital, which is a relief, though I did read Ho Chi Minh... but I'm confused as I read Burke, Locke and Paine back to back... so I don't know if I'm conservative or liberal?

Clearly this stuff is ridiculous crap. You study stuff in high school and college not to 'become one' but to learn the ideas, the methods of thought, the history of how we have got here. It is called learning, liberal arts education, critical thinking.

Oh, I forgot, the Republican platform came out against all that...
It is just the next thing to change the subject. After that, they will want a stool sample. All with no corresponding revelation from Romney. They took a shot at the Birth Certificate, and the President complied. Fine, Romney's Birth Certificate is out there, too. The President's tax returns are available back 12 years. No reciprocation from the former Governor. Now they ask for college records. None are published from Romney, to my knowledge (or in this case, even from his father). Here's a grade school challenge all the way around, "I showed you mine, you show me yours."
09-06-2012, 06:38 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
After that, they will want a stool sample.
I'm sure Obama's will be American, Union made, and not one of those red naugahide bar jobs.

I don't think Romney will be able to provide one, or wait, I think there's one in one of his yachts.
09-06-2012, 06:40 AM - 1 Like   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'm sure Obama's will be American, Union made, and not one of those red naugahide bar jobs.

I don't think Romney will be able to provide one, or wait, I think there's one in one of his yachts.
So in other words it will be overpriced, have legacy effects that are detrimental to continued production and will be of inferior quality.

09-06-2012, 06:48 AM   #23
Veteran Member

So in other words it will be overpriced, have legacy effects that are detrimental to continued production and will be of inferior quality.
LMAO, yes. But overtly symbolic and patriotic.
09-06-2012, 07:00 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
LMAO, yes. But overtly symbolic and patriotic.
Yes. But patriotic to which country? Or do we have to wait until after the election when he has more freedom to discuss?
09-06-2012, 07:09 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Yes. But patriotic to which country? Or do we have to wait until after the election when he has more freedom to discuss?
Huh, you lost me there. Are you saying Obama is a Manchurian candidate, all the more diabolical because in order for the conspiracy to work, he has to get elected not once but twice?

Better ask that of Romney, whose patriotism seems to include the Cayman Islands and Switzerland.
09-06-2012, 07:12 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Many successful people didn't. Like Bill Gates. I've known many successful people that have done quite well for themselves and never went to college. By the same token I know many who have gotten their degrees still tending bar because there aren't any openings in their chosen profession.
THEN WHY the obsession w/ Obama's transcripts????? What would the question be if he just finished high school? Would you want those as well......... Bar tending school??

Which was my point w added "flair"...

you never answered that one simple to the point question that was asked..
09-06-2012, 07:19 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Speaking of transcripts and conspiracies, has anyone else noticed that every winning presidential ticket since Carter had someone on it who has studied law or business at Harvard or Yale? Carter was the last candidate to beat such a ticket when he bested Ford. In many of those elections, it was both tickets. (88, 92, 2000, 2004, 2012) In 2000, every member of each ticket went to one of those schools.

Last edited by GeneV; 09-06-2012 at 07:24 AM.
09-06-2012, 07:22 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
THEN WHY the obsession w/ Obama's transcripts????? What would the question be if he just finished high school? Would you want those as well......... Bar tending school??

Which was my point w added "flair"...

you never answered that one simple to the point question that was asked..
Like the Libs obsession with Mitt's taxes I am just curious about his grades. Just like every one else. More curious though about what clubs he was a member of and friends. Like the birth certificate (no I am not nor ever was a birther) why not just lay the questions to rest? Is there something to hide or not? If not just let them out.
09-06-2012, 07:32 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Huh, you lost me there. Are you saying Obama is a Manchurian candidate, all the more diabolical because in order for the conspiracy to work, he has to get elected not once but twice?

Better ask that of Romney, whose patriotism seems to include the Cayman Islands and Switzerland.
As does many of those in Congress.

QuoteQuote:
Disclosure forms reveal that Democratic National Committee chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz, a member of Congress from Florida, previously held funds with investments in Swiss banks, foreign drug companies, and the state bank of India. This revelation comes mere days after the Democratic chair attacked presumptive Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney for holding money in Swiss bank accounts in the past.

"Americans need to ask themselves, why does an American businessman need a Swiss bank account and secretive investments like that?" the DNC chair, a chief surrogate for President Obama's reelection team, said on Fox News Sunday two days ago. "Just something, a thought, that I'd like to leave folks with."
It's been a consistent theme of Obama's reelection strategy: Attack Romney for foreign investments he held, especially in Swiss bank accounts, "to try to promote his wealthy, out-of-touch businessman persona."

QuoteQuote:
House minority leader Nancy Pelosi finds herself in hot water once again over some financial decisions that conservatives are deeming hypocritical.
As Democratic campaigners working for President Obama's re-election bid continue to pound Mitt Romney for making foreign investments and having ties to secretive Swiss bank accounts, it was reported today that Pelosi has made some very similar investments.
According to her 2011 financial disclosure statement, Pelosi made between $1million and $5million due to her investment in a company that specializes in making smart developments in Asia.
09-06-2012, 07:39 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Like the Libs obsession with Mitt's taxes I am just curious about his grades.
YEA right you quite clearly STATED education doesn't matters..

even Mittens father would be concerned about the tax returns.. as stated 100's of times...........