Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Rush Limbaugh: Obama and Rahm Emanuel 'hate us more than they hate al-Qaeda'

Rush Limbaugh: Obama and Rahm Emanuel 'hate us more than they hate al-Qaeda' - Orlando liberal | Examiner.com

QuoteQuote:
"Rahm and the teachers and Obama may unify! They hate us, folks. They despise us. Do you think Rahm Emanuel is happy to have Ryan and Romney on his side? He doesn't want that. They hate us. They hate us more than they hate al-Qaeda. They would let the militant Islamists have a mosque at Ground Zero faster than they'd let us build a church anywhere. It's going to be fascinating to watch how this thing manifests itself."
Us??????????

09-12-2012, 07:45 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ihasa Quote
As an aside, Obama does apparently have 'slave blood' - from his mother's side of the family via Toots.
That's a lesson in racism all to its own. there's been the idea that Obama can't have Irish ancestry cause he's 'black' or not even considering that, yes a whole lot of 'white' people *do* have 'slave ancestors,' ...if you care about ancestors. (And there's OK ways to care about ancestors, don't get me wrong: I actually looked it up when it came up, and our President is actually a kinsman of mine way back, that way. )

But when people start trying to draw these dividing lines around 'race,' they forget that it's not always tidy, like that. Especially if they can only see divisions. Or in the cons' case, that's the only thing they're looking for. (Since when did Rush think being 'Black enough' was a plus? Gods.)

Occasionally, someone comes along making too much of 'ancestral ties' and forgets that just cause *I'm* so darn white solar radiation hits my bones, seemingly... that... Actually probably there's going on millions of 'black people' in this nation with more Nordic blood than I carry. It's even possible for black people to have more *Gaelic* blood than I carry. And past a point, you're going to find people that ain't 'pure' by those standards, either.

And things like, even the *claim* that 'Our President doesn't know what it's like to be black cause he doesn't have any 'Slave blood' ...' I mean, does anyone think when he or I were growing up anyone was asking that question and making that distinction? What would *that* change?

One thing that *doesn't* change is they're still trying to make him an 'evil other' for having ancestors from Africa... For being 'African-American...'

But still trying to drive some wedge over.... yeah, the idea 'Oh, he's 'really' Muslim.'

And of course, the idea that 'He's not really black, either, cause his mother was 'white' therefore... Ooops.

So what was their point?
09-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
Rush Limbaugh: Obama and Rahm Emanuel 'hate us more than they hate al-Qaeda'

Rush Limbaugh: Obama and Rahm Emanuel 'hate us more than they hate al-Qaeda' - Orlando liberal | Examiner.com

Us??????????

Wow. He's lookin hard for an 'us vs them' that doesn't make him the bad guy. I don't think he'll find one, really. I don't think whether or not I find his Christian right hate-spewing, demagoguery, fear-mongering, defamation, degrading of women, minorities, people of other religions, orientations and political parties, nor his violently-languaged people-hurting demands for Christianist total war on everyone not submitting to his Abrahamic radicalism and paranoia in my own country since I was like nineteen years old.... Less hateful than Al-Qaeda... is really a question he wants to be asking while trying to call a teacher's union terrorists.

I have to say, I wouldn't think much of someone from Al-Qaeda's life if I asked, 'Do you mean to threaten me or anyone else around here in any immediate way?* If they said yes, it'd be Blam. Then I'd go eat donuts or something.

Rush expecting *hate* toward *teachers* of some comparable degree to what he expects of declared mortal enemies? ....I don't really think I hate him, either, but after what I've been through at the hands of his followers, I have much more *personal* anger toward him. Which very fact means I wouldn't shoot him. Precisely because 'hate' is no virtue. Which isn't to say I wouldn't slap the taste out of his mouth if he said to my face what he says about people like me and my girlfried from behind his microphone and Oxycontin, but hey. What he says and is a mouthpiece for, that *is* personal.

His hate, his 'hating us for our freedom.' That affects me every day. I do tend to resent it. Some bunch of maniacs overseas, no American loves. Never was a thing about that. It's the Right trying to cast *other Americans* as the same thing as those maniacs. He's one of *our* maniacs of just the same stripe, just a different brand name on the religion.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 09-12-2012 at 08:16 PM.