Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2012, 07:53 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Romney gets surreal...again

Mitt Romney On Obamacare: 'I'm Not Getting Rid Of All Of Health Care Reform'

QuoteQuote:
Mitt Romney said on Sunday that if he were elected president he would keep portions of President Barack Obama's signature health care law, a seemingly abrupt turn on an early campaign promise.

"Well, I'm not getting rid of all of health care reform," the former Massachusetts governor said in an interview with NBC's "Meet the Press." "Of course there are a number of things that I like in health care reform that I'm going to put in place. One is to make sure that those with pre-existing conditions can get coverage.
with an insidious twist..............read carefully.......

QuoteQuote:
That is why Governor Romney supports reforms to protect those with pre-existing conditions from being denied access to a health plan while they have continuous coverage.
loophole

QuoteQuote:
And for those purchasing insurance for the first time, he supports reforms that empower states to make high risk pools more accessible by using cost reducing methods like risk adjustment and reinsurance.
what does that mean in reality??? My take is bad things for those w/ pre-x

QuoteQuote:
Beginning on his first day in office, Governor Romney is committed to working with Congress to enact polices like these that protect Americans’ access to the care they need.
buzz word fluff..

HISTORY:
QuoteQuote:
"Our mission is clear: If we want to get rid of Obamacare, we're going to have to replace President Obama. My mission is to make sure we do exactly that," Romney said.
"Help us defeat Obamacare. Help us defeat the liberal agenda," Romney said.
Romney added that it is essential "to return to a time when the American people will have their own choice in health care."
Read more: Mitt Romney Reaction To Supreme Court Decision: 'I Will Repeal Obamacare' - Business Insider

THE mission just got foggy..

QuoteQuote:
"to return to a time when the American people will have their own choice in health care."
err. when was that really???? Companies choose which plans for most people..Romney has no idea how to seperate people from "corporations as people" does he..

More "stuff" (on Medicare flop floppery)
Romney and Ryan try out their Medicare flip-flops - latimes.com
QuoteQuote:
Well, what’s good for the goose may turn out to be not so good for our Republican ganders in 2012.

On Wednesday, Romney and Ryan went into full trout mode, flip-flopping big time -- in this case on Medicare. And what a tangled net the two are seeking to escape.
The easy part? They are attacking President Obama’s planned $700 billion in cuts to Medicare.

The awkward part? Ryan has proposed $700 billion in cuts to Medicare too. And Romney has backed Ryan's plan.

The answer? Here’s what my colleague Michael Finnegan reported Wednesday:

In an interview on “CBS This Morning,” Romney was asked how he squared his running mate’s plan to cut spending on the popular healthcare program for the elderly with his criticism of President Obama for making the same reductions.
“First of all, Congressman Ryan has joined my campaign, and his campaign is my campaign now, and we’re on exactly the same page,” Romney said in response to anchor Anthony Mason’s question. “And my campaign has made it very clear: The president’s cuts of $716 billion to Medicare -- those cuts are to be restored if I become president and Paul Ryan becomes vice president.”

OK, that’s clear. Romney has put Ryan into the crate on top of his station wagon and explained a few things.

But stay with me -- this thing has more twists and turns than the Angeles Crest Highway.

Ryan’s plan to revamp Medicare -- which included Obama’s $716 billion in cuts to the projected growth of Medicare -- was a central feature of a federal budget proposed by the congressman and passed by the Republican-controlled House in April. Romney has said he would sign it as president. The voucher system would begin in 10 years.

Oops. So, now Romney is against the cuts that he was for before?

(Maybe he should just try “Move along now, nothing to see here. Anyone wanna talk about how much I love Israel?”)
But heck, let’s have Ryan take a stab at sorting this out. It’ll be good practice for the vice presidential debate:
On Tuesday, Ryan, too, was asked to explain why he and Romney were criticizing Obama for Medicare reductions embraced by Ryan.
“We are the ones who are not raiding Medicare to pay for Obamacare,” Ryan told Fox News anchor Brit Hume.
Ryan appeared to take stands on both sides of the Medicare reductions. While supporting the cuts in his own budget plan, Ryan said he voted against those cuts in the president’s healthcare overhaul.

“I voted repeatedly in Congress to repeal all of Obamacare, including this cut of $716 billion to pay for Obamacare,” Ryan said.
I know, I know. Raise your hand if you’re lost too. But somewhere, John Kerry is having a hearty laugh right about now.