Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2012, 07:36 AM   #1
Banned

Romney campaigns with Pat Robertson; pledges to keep “God” on “our coins.”

Daily Kos: Romney campaigns with Pat Robertson; pledges to keep ?God? on ?our coins.?

The Republicans get dumber by the minute.

09-10-2012, 08:02 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
lol whose god? Romney's, Ryan's, ...?
09-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I thought coin was the Republican "God".
09-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Cent/Penny -- Abraham Lincoln
Nickel -- Thomas Jefferson
Dime -- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Quarter -- George Washington
Half-Dollar -- John F. Kennedy

Our coins show a definite liberal bias - Lincoln is really the only Republican, FDR and JFK are the worst kind of Democrat, Jefferson's not much better... although Washington was always a secret Republican.

Meanwhile... In God we trust - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

QuoteQuote:
"In God we trust" was adopted as the official motto of the United States in 1956 as an alternative or replacement to the unofficial motto of E pluribus unum, adopted when the Great Seal of the United States was created and adopted in 1782.[1][2]

In God we trust has appeared on U.S. coins since 1864[3] and on paper currency since 1957.[4] Some secularists object to usage of the reference.[5]

It is also the motto of the U.S. state of Florida. Its Spanish equivalent, En Dios Confiamos, is the motto of the Republic of Nicaragua.[6]

09-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote

Our coins show a definite liberal bias - Lincoln is really the only Republican, FDR and JFK are the worst kind of Democrat, Jefferson's not much better... although Washington was always a secret Republican.

I know, they believe "this stuff" is somehow in the orig. Constitution
Another "constitutional error"

QuoteQuote:
In 1951, the Knights of Columbus, the world's largest Catholic fraternal service organization, also began including the words "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance.[14] In New York City, on April 30, 1951, the Board of Directors of the Knights of Columbus adopted a resolution to amend the text of their Pledge of Allegiance at the opening of each of the meetings of the 800 Fourth Degree Assemblies of the Knights of Columbus by addition of the words "under God" after the words "one nation." Over the next two years, the idea spread throughout Knights of Columbus organizations nationwide. On August 21, 1952, the Supreme Council of the Knights of Columbus at its annual meeting adopted a resolution urging that the change be made universal and copies of this resolution were sent to the President, the Vice President (as Presiding Officer of the Senate) and the Speaker of the House of Representatives. The National Fraternal Congress meeting in Boston on September 24, 1952, adopted a similar resolution upon the recommendation of its president, Supreme Knight Luke E. Hart. Several State Fraternal Congresses acted likewise almost immediately thereafter. This campaign led to several official attempts to prompt Congress to adopt the Knights of Columbus’ policy for the entire nation. These attempts failed.

In 1952, Holger Christian Langmack wrote a letter to President Truman suggesting the inclusion of "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance. Mr. Langmack was a Danish philosopher and educator who came to the United States in 1911. He was one of the originators of the Prayer Breakfast and a religious leader in Washington, D.C. President Truman met with him along with several others to discuss the inclusion of "under God" and also "love" just before "liberty and justice".[citation needed]

At the suggestion of a correspondent, Representative Louis C. Rabaut of Michigan sponsored a resolution to add the words "under God" to the Pledge in 1953.
09-10-2012, 10:27 AM - 2 Likes   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums

I don't really care if "God" is in the motto, but I do object to removing "one from many" (E pluribus unum), as a motto as it had been from the time of the Constitution to the McCarty period. Substituting God for unity is the road upon which we have come too far in recent years.
09-10-2012, 10:52 AM   #7
Veteran Member

So who would the Republicans pick now?

Nickel -- Ronald Reagan
Dime -- Paul Revere
Half-Dollar -- Patrick Henry
09-10-2012, 10:55 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Nickel -- Ronald Reagan
Dime -- Paul Revere
Half-Dollar -- Patrick Henry
Where is Ayn Rand????
SBA dollar.. or gold bars???

09-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
Where is Ayn Rand????
SBA dollar.. or gold bars???
She's not a Natural Born American however, she could be used instead of Sacagawea on a dollar coin to demonstrate that yes, we also appreciate diversity - being Russian and a Jew to boot.
09-10-2012, 11:57 AM   #10
Pentaxian

being Russian and a Jew to boot.
And an atheist. Perfect for the republicans
09-10-2012, 12:42 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Daily Kos: Romney's new BFF Pat Robertson recommends wife-beating since divorce isn't an option

09-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #12
Veteran Member

She's not a Natural Born American
I think that ship sailed w/ the Kenyan president...........
09-10-2012, 04:24 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums

Nickel -- Ronald Reagan
Dime -- Bob Dole says Bob Dole would be on the dime
Quarter -- Two headed coin with Bush Sr. on one side and Bush Jr. on the other
Half-Dollar -- Jerry Falwell
Fixed it for you....
Of course I ignored the fact that you have to be dead be on US currency, but that's easy enough to arrange.
09-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #14
Banned

Original Poster
09-10-2012, 08:51 PM   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
I don't really care if "God" is in the motto, but I do object to removing "one from many" (E pluribus unum), as a motto as it had been from the time of the Constitution to the McCarty period. Substituting God for unity is the road upon which we have come too far in recent years.

Said it before here myself many times: if the Christians want to advertise on money, whatever, but *using* it to deny the pluralism this country's founded on and seeks to increase should *at least* give anyone pause.

(Of course, if I were Christian I *would* be upset about the 'God-branding of certain money and politics, so crassly, never mind the coercive elements of trying to make kids swear or pray to that God, never mind as they just did in Georgia, put a *command* to worship that God first up front in the superior Court as some kind of 'legal precedent,' .... but obviously I don't think like a lot of them to begin with, even if I wanted to.)

Course, I think if these people *really* trusted in their God, they wouldn't need to stamp it on all the money and everything they say: frankly, if I *were* a Christian, I figure putting that on the currency would if anything be a warning to Chrsitians not to put too much stock in money, not a sanctification of pocket change or something that would be 'Taking 'God out of filthy lucre not to put on everything,' , but hey, what does a Pagan American know, eh?

I used to have a wonderful old Roman coin, you know, well-worn, anciently drilled for the use I put it to, wearing as a pendant. And that worn-out image (Among very many different ones from coins of the time was put there cause that emperor wanted to commerate a relative's devotion. It wasn't about demanding something as some command to a whole nation that must be obeyed, it was about a little piece of silver. Happened to portray a Lady bearing a torch. As with so many things like tha, I gave it to a good friend, but, when people claim their demands are 'history,' never mind *actual reverence,* ....or 'defending something with all this nonsense....'

I don't think so. Not even for *you.* I think it's something else. Even by your own terms.

Did go to Catholic school and all.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 09-10-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Closed Thread