Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2012, 11:22 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
Actually, the Truth is Not out there. Grasping the truth is a process that takes place in one's head. This series was just too fanciful for me.
That's just because you trust no one and deny everything.

09-24-2012, 02:08 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by absoluteallie Quote
I agree about Jose chung. Also Clyde bruckner's final repose. I only started watching x-files a few years ago,and I think it was maybe one of the best shows ever! The 2nd movie was reAlly good. In my opinion the 'monster of the week' episodes were better than the alien conspiracy episodes. I love the one with Luke Wilson. Very very funny!
OK so I'm just now figuring this out. I'm already in the Black Oil episodes but I missed most of the "monster of the week" episodes. Colonization comes after Black Oil and after I'm done with that, I'll have to go back for the monster of the week.

I did see an episode with the elastic guy and a couple others.
09-25-2012, 04:54 AM   #18
Forum Member

Was the elastic guy the one who impregnated a bunch of girls in town? Looked like Luke Skywalker to one girl? That was pretty funny.
09-25-2012, 05:12 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
X-files is one of my fav shows, got the entire series here (DVD). I was actually thinking the other day its time to watch them all again Its been about 6 years since Ive done that.

09-25-2012, 11:36 AM   #20
Forum Member

Two more of my favorites are 'Field Trip' and 'The Goldberg Variation.' I think they are both interesting and well done.
09-25-2012, 01:31 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Was the elastic guy the one who impregnated a bunch of girls in town? Looked like Luke Skywalker to one girl? That was pretty funny.
I don't think so. I remember him murdering people and feeding on their liver before he hibernated for a few decades. I'll have to check that Luke Skywalker one.
09-25-2012, 01:36 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
X-files is one of my fav shows, got the entire series here (DVD). I was actually thinking the other day its time to watch them all again Its been about 6 years since Ive done that.
Cool. After I finish the black oil series, i think colonization comes next but the local rental place does not have the others. Now I know whose collection I can borrow........Kidding. I know that's what Netflix is for.

Two more of my favorites are 'Field Trip' and 'The Goldberg Variation.' I think they are both interesting and well done.
I'll have to look out for these two. Thanks for the recommendations.

09-25-2012, 02:47 PM   #23
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sage97 Quote
I don't think so. I remember him murdering people and feeding on their liver before he hibernated for a few decades. I'll have to check that Luke Skywalker one.
Different stretchy guy, I guess. 'Squeeze,' I think. I'm pretty sure the Luke Skywalker episode is 'Small Potatos.' you've got me all excited to watch them all over again. Watching 'Paper Hearts' now.
09-25-2012, 03:08 PM   #24
Forum Member

'Unhrue' (hope I spelled that right) has a good photography storyline.
09-25-2012, 10:36 PM   #25
K-9
Veteran Member

I feel Duchovny was completely boring and made the show unwatchable for me.
09-25-2012, 11:10 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Lord Kinbote

QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space' My favorite episode.
Yes - a very enjoyable episode.

X-files is great television, a guilty pleasure that I don't feel guilty about. I loved the early Vancouver settings as well.
09-25-2012, 11:11 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by K-9 Quote
I feel Duchovny was completely boring and made the show unwatchable for me.
Disagree - his deadpan delivery grew on me.
09-26-2012, 07:00 AM   #28
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
Disagree - his deadpan delivery grew on me.
Me too. It gives Mulder a personality that's a little different from other law enforcement characters.

I like Sculley's amused look when Mulder quickly jumps to extra-terrestrial conclusions. I think Mulder sees Sculley's amusement loud and clear. It even looks like he himself is amused of her reactions which further invigorates his desire to prove the truth of alien existence. Love it.

I also enjoyed Evolution not necessarily because of Duchovney but he contributed to the movie's zany premise.
09-26-2012, 07:45 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had a major crush on Mulder back in the day. I loved Duchovny on that show. Mulder is still one of my very favorite TV characters ever. There was something so sad about him, yet he was driven and determined in ways that just seemed so heroic to me.
09-26-2012, 08:13 AM   #30
Pentaxian

Original Poster
The earlier shows are fun to watch. My gf laughs at Mulder's hairsprayed 80s rockstar hair and Sculley's linebacker shoulder pads. I am more interested in the fact that there were no cell phones back in the day and that their home phones always ring as soon as they get in the door. Plus Sculley looks hotter as the series went on (yeah, I know I've already said this 100 times).

I'm going to see if I can get the theme as my ringtone. My new motto in life? Deny Everything!