Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-14-2012, 05:16 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Just now discovering the X Files TV series

I don't know why but I'm hooked. I remember folks talking about it some in the 90s but other than the news and special events like the Olympics, I was and still am not a TV show kinda guy.

Scully seems to look prettier as the series goes on. I'm not a Netflix fan but thank goodness for the neighborhood video rental place. They have the entire show....not BR but DVD will do.

Now I want to download the theme song for my ringtone.

09-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great series and the first years were filmed here in Vancouver. I've seen every episode at least once, the early years were best as with most series.

"Twin Peaks" is also very good and only ran two seasons. (Check out 'Killer Bob")

Phil.
09-14-2012, 10:31 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Great series and the first years were filmed here in Vancouver. I've seen every episode at least once, the early years were best as with most series.

"Twin Peaks" is also very good and only ran two seasons. (Check out 'Killer Bob")

Phil.
the first time Scully met Mulder is so interesting ..
09-14-2012, 02:33 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes enjoy the show! I am actually just about to finish watching the final season then watch the movie from 2008 (I think it was)

I also loved Twin Peaks as well

09-14-2012, 02:51 PM   #5
Pentaxian

I was underwhelmed. The theme is catchy, though.
09-14-2012, 06:43 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fearview Quote
the first time Scully met Mulder is so interesting ..
Yep for sure, great scene!

Phil.
09-14-2012, 07:12 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space' My favorite episode.

09-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #8
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space' My favorite episode.
I agree about Jose chung. Also Clyde bruckner's final repose. I only started watching x-files a few years ago,and I think it was maybe one of the best shows ever! The 2nd movie was reAlly good. In my opinion the 'monster of the week' episodes were better than the alien conspiracy episodes. I love the one with Luke Wilson. Very very funny!
09-16-2012, 07:40 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Good to hear I'm not the only one enjoying the show. I'll have to look for that Jose Chung episode.
09-16-2012, 08:11 PM   #10
Veteran Member

You know it's funny. In general I really don't like Duchovny much. As an actor outside I think most of the stuff he's done since is pretty boring, and yes, that includes Cali-whatever it's called. 2 episodes was all I could stand to watch of that, but I love him as Mulder. Anderson now, she's done some really interesting stuff. I just saw her in Great Expectations and she was just bloody brilliant and honestly watching her do X-files I would have never thought it. She's grown a lot as an actor over the years....
09-17-2012, 07:44 AM   #11
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
You know it's funny. In general I really don't like Duchovny much. As an actor outside I think most of the stuff he's done since is pretty boring, and yes, that includes Cali-whatever it's called. 2 episodes was all I could stand to watch of that, but I love him as Mulder. Anderson now, she's done some really interesting stuff. I just saw her in Great Expectations and she was just bloody brilliant and honestly watching her do X-files I would have never thought it. She's grown a lot as an actor over the years....
I thought she was good in Bleak House too.
09-17-2012, 12:19 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
You know it's funny. In general I really don't like Duchovny much. As an actor outside I think most of the stuff he's done since is pretty boring, and yes, that includes Cali-whatever it's called. 2 episodes was all I could stand to watch of that, but I love him as Mulder.....
I thought Mulder was funny in Evolution. Other than that and the X Files movies, I haven't seen any of his other films. I haven't seen Scully in any other film. All I know is that she got prettier as the X Files went on.
09-18-2012, 09:38 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Yeah for sure. She hired a personal trainer early on in the show I guess after getting a few paychecks lol.
09-18-2012, 09:46 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Actually, the Truth is Not out there. Grasping the truth is a process that takes place in one's head. This series was just too fanciful for me.
09-20-2012, 09:48 AM   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
Actually, the Truth is Not out there. Grasping the truth is a process that takes place in one's head. This series was just too fanciful for me.
You don't listen to late night talk radio do you? There is a sizeable chunk of the population who believe it is real and only the names have been changed.