Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-17-2012, 07:12 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Triggertrap???

I have a Triggertrap Mobile Dongle and a camera connecting cable.
Tomorrow, with the help of a friend who has this device on his camera, (an unspeakable brand that starts with a "C") I am going to download the "mobile app" to my iPhone. All that I know so far is that I will be able to use my iPhone as a remote shutter release. (And with the poor quality build of the Pentax remote release, this IS a good thing.)
I have been told that the hardware and app can do MUCH MUCH more that just remotely release the shutter. I will report further after I have the device/app installed.
Cost?: Hardware about $20ish if memory serves (and it serves less and less every day); app is $9.99.
Stay tuned.
Jack
PS
Does any one use this device/app?
J.

Last edited by pntxjack; 09-17-2012 at 07:13 PM. Reason: correct typo
09-19-2012, 07:08 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Here is an update:
Cost for two items of "hardware": $23.97; iPhone app: $4.99; a little coaching from a friend: FREE.
I used it with a K-5, but it will work on many other Pentax digital SLR's--check the web site
Here are the menu choices: Cable Release, "Bang" (release in response to a noise), Timelapse, Eased Timelapse, Distance-lapse, Seismic, Peekaboo (release on recognition of a face), Star Trail, LE HDR (long exposure HDR), LE HDR Timelapse, Tesla (magnets and metal), Motion, and Bramping?
I have only tried the "Cable Release", and like it AND it is cheaper that a Pentax remote shutter release AND WAY BETTER BUILT.
Jack

Last edited by pntxjack; 09-19-2012 at 07:09 PM. Reason: typos