Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2012, 09:49 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Romney campaign headquarters,' aka Fox News

recommended for all:

Jon Stewart rants about 'Romney campaign headquarters,' aka Fox News - NBC News Entertainment
QuoteQuote:
Oh my God! Your campaign got blown out by Jimmy Carter’s grandson! Oh, the Habitat for Humanity,” Stewart said. “So word one from (expletive) Mountain is well yeah, he said it, but you only found out about it because of people we don’t like.”

That was only part of the Republican response, of course. The spin took some other turns, with some arguing that Romney was speaking truth, though not artfully, and further indicating it was a strategy that could win him the election.

“Let me sum up the message, if I may,” Stewart said. “This inartfully stated dirty liberal smear … is a truthful expression of Mitt Romney’s political philosophy, and it is a winner.”

That wasn’t all. He also noted the folks at Fox minimized the video because it was a distraction from the big issues people theoretically care more about and because of when it was taken … in May of this year.

“May! Oh, that sounds like before June. Who even remembers May?” Stewart said. “Grandfather, may I sit on your knee and hear you tell tales of what life was like way back in May?’”

If you followed the news, you know what happens next. A video of Obama talking about the redistribution of wealth was located and played, with all the usual commentary about how damaging it was. Of course, it was taken in 1998. When he was a State Senator from Illinois.

09-20-2012, 10:27 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I posted all three clips in the 47% thread.
09-20-2012, 10:38 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
"WHITEWASHING" the past Mittens style........................

Jeff Biggers: Did Romney Lie About His Family's Flight to Mexico in His Memoir? Does Accuracy Matter?

QuoteQuote:
Miles Junior was asked to move again, this time to build a settlement in St. Johns, Arizona. To every request, Romneys were obedient. And leaving behind all that they had worked to establish, they yet again pitched themselves against the arid terrain, the cactus, the alkali, quicksand, and rattlesnakes. They built schools and libraries. Miles Junior was the founder of a theatrical society on the frontier. He dug irrigation ditches and plowed up the desert soil.
Eventually Miles was called upon to settle in northern Mexico, where his son, my grandfather Gaskell, would wed and my father George would be born.

Mitt Romney says his ancestor "was called upon to settle" in Mexico? Really?

Faced with the same perjury charges over his land claim in St. Johns, Arizona -- rivals had accused Romney of failing to reside continuously on a 160-acre ranch -- Romney went on the lam in the spring of 1885 and forfeited more than $2,000 in bond when Udall warned him that federal marshals were en route to his home (according to Udall's diary). A local newspaper wrote that Romney's flight left his community "in the lurch."

Writing in the journal "Arizona and the West" in 1977, Mormon historians JoAnn Blair and Richard Jensen spelled out Romney's break from Mormons who willingly faced the legal system in Arizona, in their article "Prosecution of the Mormons in Arizona Territory in the 1880s":

"Romney had fared well in the earlier legal proceedings for the same alleged offense, partly because, he claimed, he had paid 'several hundred dollars to grease the wheels.' But this time he was less confident of success. . . . Fearing he would be prosecuted for polygamy, as well as for the earlier charge of perjury regarding his land claim, Romney skipped bond and fled to Mexico."
In the end, Romney defiantly embraces his ancestors' values in his memoir: "These were the same values and commitments that animated my grandfather and my father and my mother. They were the same values that were passed along to me."

What values are those?

"Eventually Miles was called upon to settle in northern Mexico?" No. He fled across the border as an outlaw.
"To every request, Romneys were obedient?" Hardly. Romney's revisionist twist of his family history takes denial across the border to a new level of dishonesty.
09-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #4
Veteran Member

God works in mysterious ways...

09-20-2012, 11:02 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
God works in mysterious ways...
Ever read the history of the Bhai????

QuoteQuote:
On the morning of July 9, 1850, the Báb was taken to the courtyard of the barracks in which he was being held, where thousands of people had gathered to watch his execution. The Báb and Anís were suspended on a wall and a large firing squad of Christian soldiers prepared to shoot.[8] Numerous eye-witness reports, including those of Western diplomats, recount the result.[29] The order was given to fire and the barracks square filled with musket smoke. When it cleared the Báb was no longer in the courtyard and his companion stood there unharmed; the bullets apparently had not harmed either man, but had cut the rope suspending them from the wall.[30] There was a great commotion, many in the crowd believing the Báb had ascended to heaven or simply disappeared. But the soldiers subsequently found the Báb in another part of the barracks, completely unharmed, giving his final instructions to his secretary. He and Anís were tied up for execution a second time, a second firing squad of Muslim soldiers was ranged in front of them, and a second order to fire was given. This time, the Báb and his companion were killed.[8] In the Bábí–Bahá'í tradition, the failure of the first firing squad to kill the Báb is believed to have been a miracle. Their remains were dumped outside the gates of the town to be eaten by animals.
As I was told they found him hiding under a bead.. quite un-prophet like..
09-20-2012, 11:16 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
Ever read the history of the Bhai????

As I was told they found him hiding under a bead.. quite un-prophet like..
Come on now. Allah performed a miracle and placed him under that bed.