Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-23-2012, 06:24 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What's For Breakfast?

I just got done making bacon and cheddar breakfast bowls for us and I got to wondering what other people like to eat when they wanted a big weekend type breakfast. Most of the week it's cereal or yogurt and fruit but sometimes on the weekends I like to make a real breakfast. I make my own special variant on french toast or various kinds of pancakes. Now and again I make cinnamon rolls or orange rolls and/or scones. Today it was bacon and cheddar bowls which is basically a bacon and cheddar omelet made with certain herbs I like, a bit of kosher salt and cracked pepper put over leftover garlic, bacon, and cheddar mashed potatoes that I made last night for a side for dinner. It's amazingly good. 20 mins later and my 3 very picky elders are now done with breakfast and sighing happily. Their bowls are clean, for once. I'm finishing mine up as I type.

So what's your idea of Sunday Breakfast, Brunch?

09-23-2012, 06:38 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Now this is a refreshing thread.
I usually drink some tap water or I squeeze orange juice. Then I eat a couple apples or bananas. Basically, I eat nothing but raw fruit until midday
09-23-2012, 04:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
I got to wondering what other people like to eat when they wanted a big weekend type breakfast.
Lunch.

...seriously, I have Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome. I sleep through breakfast. Especially on weekends.
09-23-2012, 04:41 PM   #4
Inactive Account

I never eat breakfast 'cos it makes me feel queasy; for brunch today I had a spelt roll with Oxford marmalade. Then a huge amount of roasties, broccoli and veggie crumble. Did we agree it's Sunday? That makes all the beer and Dr Who ok then....

Last edited by wildweasel; 09-23-2012 at 04:56 PM.
09-23-2012, 05:24 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Standard weekend breakfast is scrambled eggs on toast with smoked salmon. Sometimes I'll have hash browns instead of the toast. A big breakfast would be a full English breakfast.

Richard.
09-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Sunday?

Berocca
Resveratrol
Taurine
Selenium
Vitamin D
Black Cumin Oil
Cod Liver Oil
Juice from one lemon, half a shot of hot water and one teaspoon of cayenne pepper

Last edited by Unsinkable II; 09-24-2012 at 02:44 AM.
09-23-2012, 06:41 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Baste 2eggs on the grille next to the large tortilla. Put Mayo on the tortilla then the eggs, slices of avocado, grate some cheddar and add some salsa. Roll up and garnish with more cheese and salsa (HOMEMADE), juice and coffee. Yummy!

09-23-2012, 08:49 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I tend to get up early regardless of what day it is.

Often on a lazy saturday/sunday I'll wake up about 7-8am and then head to the local shops, I'll then walk around and get the breakfast supplies from all the great little shops (I live in a fairly old greek area, so there's plenty of nice little delis/butchers/grocers/bakers/etc)

The usual breakfast is the typical big one of sausage, egg, bacon, tomato, toast.

By the time I've come back and started cooking my girlfriend and our housemate are normally starting to get up (usually around 10-11am)
09-24-2012, 08:05 AM   #9
Pentaxian

My normal daily breakfast consists of a bowl of cereal or maybe oatmeal, a cup of coffee and a bran muffin. On a big family breakfast, rare now that the kids have grown and moved out, It's whole wheat blueberry pancakes and locally made maple syrup. It's a bit too much for daily eating but I will make and eat the pancakes in ski season. They will hold me for a full day of skiing.
09-24-2012, 08:07 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Since this is a photography forum, I thought I would.. you know, take a photo. I didn't eat this particular meal for breakfast, but this is basically what I would often have for breakfast, just replace with different fruits.

Camera
PENTAX K-r

Focal Length
35mm

Aperture
f/2.4

Exposure
1/60s

ISO