Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2008, 01:06 AM   #16
Veteran Member

the NYGiants defensive coach won the game, a brilliant game plan, brilliantly played. The only other team that came close, with same defensive game plan, was the fabled earlier season match up with Indianapolis.

The best stuporbowl I've seen was Washington-Buffalo. Nobody remembers except to guffaw at loser Buffalo, but it was the most audacious coached and played game: (if I remmeber absolutely correctly) Washington was leading at half with Buffalo's awesome offense rallying. 2nd half Washington offense completely changed game plan and played an identical Buffalo style, and their defense was trampled and tired out as Buffalo's offense had been similarly decimating the league for years. Washington's coaching plan, to have two different offensive schemes, and to actually use them, and to play them to perfection, was simply awesome. To this day I just don't understand the derision Washington qb Rypien is subjected to considering this game he won.

02-07-2008, 06:34 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Not sure how I missed this thread but almost glad I did. It was a great game and wish my team had come up with the win to cap off a PERFECT SEASON. Not to start a war of words but, for those that call the Pats cheaters please come to grips for a minute. The team played 18 games and won every one of them. Early in the season they won all the games easily with 10-14-20-40 points leads. You honestly think that had anything to do with watching a tape? Sure it is my team and I am biased but come on. If they had tape it was from last year. If the rest of the league and the world knew they had tape and continued to play the same way who's fault is that? It does not matter if you have tape or not, on Sunday your team wins by 40 points you have to think it is a little more then a few tapes.

Okay, sorry now I wish I had not found this thread I am ready for baseball and willing to let this go. Mark my words the Patriots will be a factor again next year.

By the way, the Patriots are the only team that got caught. I would be willing to bet money that the other teams in the league all scurried around hidding thier tapes when word got out. Hell, every team watches tape from games they have played againts or when teams play other teams, over and over to prepare for the game. I can't believe I am even talking about this. I need coffee and just let it go. so does the rest of the world. They did fail to be the best team in the NFL in the eyes of New England, but you all can not look at a record of 18-1 and think they are not up there as one of the best teams. NOTE: not greatest I know they lost the big one.

As for the game, the Patriots simply got out played. The Giants diserved the win and in my eyes the Defence should have been MVP. I have never seen Brady on the ground so many times in one year never mind one game. I changed my signatures as some I am sure are happy about but before I did I did congratulate the Giants on the win.

PS. I will not respond to any fun replies I am sure will come. I am looking forward to Spring Training and seeing the Sox repeat

Last edited by vievetrick; 02-07-2008 at 06:44 AM.
02-07-2008, 06:41 AM   #18
Veteran Member

I just loved Toshiba's HD-DVD ad.
02-07-2008, 07:02 AM   #19
Veteran Member

A few of you old timers like me may remember another undefeated team that go beat in the super bowl many years ago. And old butthead Joe Namath guaranteed that one --man I hated it.

02-08-2008, 04:31 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
Not sure how I missed this thread but almost glad I did. It was a great game and wish my team had come up with the win to cap off a PERFECT SEASON. Not to start a war of words but, for those that call the Pats cheaters please come to grips for a minute. The team played 18 games and won every one of them. Early in the season they won all the games easily with 10-14-20-40 points leads. You honestly think that had anything to do with watching a tape? Sure it is my team and I am biased but come on. If they had tape it was from last year. If the rest of the league and the world knew they had tape and continued to play the same way who's fault is that? It does not matter if you have tape or not, on Sunday your team wins by 40 points you have to think it is a little more then a few tapes.

Okay, sorry now I wish I had not found this thread I am ready for baseball and willing to let this go. Mark my words the Patriots will be a factor again next year.

By the way, the Patriots are the only team that got caught. I would be willing to bet money that the other teams in the league all scurried around hidding thier tapes when word got out. Hell, every team watches tape from games they have played againts or when teams play other teams, over and over to prepare for the game. I can't believe I am even talking about this. I need coffee and just let it go. so does the rest of the world. They did fail to be the best team in the NFL in the eyes of New England, but you all can not look at a record of 18-1 and think they are not up there as one of the best teams. NOTE: not greatest I know they lost the big one.

As for the game, the Patriots simply got out played. The Giants diserved the win and in my eyes the Defence should have been MVP. I have never seen Brady on the ground so many times in one year never mind one game. I changed my signatures as some I am sure are happy about but before I did I did congratulate the Giants on the win.

PS. I will not respond to any fun replies I am sure will come. I am looking forward to Spring Training and seeing the Sox repeat

From a life long die-hard Yankee fan, after hearing the news yesterday regarding Schilling's "newest" injury, you might not be enjoying the coming season. BTW, I heard that the Bosux are trying to recoup the $8M bonus money for the new contract.
02-08-2008, 01:40 PM   #21
Forum Member

I guess it was exciting but I've never felt so let down in my life. My Patriots winter jacket and all my Patriots Superbowl shirts are now officialy retired until September.

Kudos to the NYG defensive line. Brady's ass was on the ground more than mine was on the couch.

I wish I had Tivoed it so I could actualy watch it without worrying about the outcome.
02-10-2008, 11:55 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
From a total Rugby League fan (go the KNIGHTS) I must say that of late I have watched a bit of your football over there. Once I got the hang of it I find it rather intriguing.
The Bowl certainly was great game to watch with a thrilling end. Actually I had to leave with about 10 minutes to go. Had to see the thrilling end on replay.
One let down, compared to RL, I find the number of stoppages in play spoils the game a lot. A Rugby League game is flat out for 40 mins then 10 min break, then another 40 mins of the same.
I think I know which players would be the fittest, by a mile

02-11-2008, 07:16 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Tom. don't be silly one player does not make a team Rooooggggeeeerrrrrrr

Hey, come April everyone is in first place. It should be interesting to see what happens with Mr. Shilling and your Yanks with a new coach.
02-11-2008, 08:33 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bramela Quote
From a total Rugby League fan (go the KNIGHTS) I must say that of late I have watched a bit of your football over there. Once I got the hang of it I find it rather intriguing.
The Bowl certainly was great game to watch with a thrilling end. Actually I had to leave with about 10 minutes to go. Had to see the thrilling end on replay.
One let down, compared to RL, I find the number of stoppages in play spoils the game a lot. A Rugby League game is flat out for 40 mins then 10 min break, then another 40 mins of the same.
I think I know which players would be the fittest, by a mile

Bruce don't kid yourself some of the defensive backs, corners , wide receivers , special team players ,etc are in great shape - now the 350lbs Lineman maybe not so much still some of them cam move small houses so strenght wise ...

It seems to me I have watched a bit of Rugby and you can correct me if I am wrong , but I remember them showing stats on consecutive games played as opposed to the NFL where it is seasons ! so that tells ya something on which sport is rougher !

On a side note I have some friends that play Rugby and I participated in one of the practices - I was spent before we scrimmaged! Overall I would agree with you the average Rugby player is in better shape than the average NFL’er Ruggy is an insane body punishing game!
02-11-2008, 01:11 PM   #25
Veteran Member

OK Dave. Dont get me wrong, I really enjoy watching your game. I must say the throwing capibilities of those quarterbacks is awesome.
I think it is a rather moot point, and discussion could go on for ever and not be resolved.
Lets just enjoy both forms of football.
To each his own preference I reckon
02-11-2008, 02:53 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bramela Quote
OK Dave. Dont get me wrong, I really enjoy watching your game. I must say the throwing capibilities of those quarterbacks is awesome.
I think it is a rather moot point, and discussion could go on for ever and not be resolved.
Lets just enjoy both forms of football.
To each his own preference I reckon
Yeah I like to watch Rugby more so like I like to watch the Indy 500 it's all about the collisions - and they are different games for sure. We have the CFL here were the game is a little different (wider field , 3 downs instead of 4 ) where the players are probably paid more in line with what your Rugby players make and not the multi-million dollars the superstars of the NFL make. Debates over whose game is better have no winners, just participants (usually aided by tossing down a few cold ones!) ahhhhhh to be paid to play a game .....
02-11-2008, 08:38 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Yes !! And in such big dollars as well $$$$$$