Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-02-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Okay....This Is Cool....

My teacher over the bridge just emailed me. A good friend of his just upgraded to a K-r and he wants to know if I want his old *ist body, for free. I don't know what model of *ist it is. He didn't say. Comes with a kit lens he says, if I want it. Uh, yeah, you know I think I can manage to find a use for it. Hopefully it won't die on me in a few months like my *ist DL did. My niece will probably end up with it when I finally get my K-30 but having a 2nd digital body around is definitely good, particularly when it comes sans me having to raid the kitty bank... :P

10-02-2012, 07:21 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lucky you! I have the istD and would love to have another drop in my lap like that! If you're lucky, it's a D or DS with the big viewfinder - so nice when using MF lenses. And the TTL flash is great to have when using the old K & M lenses. Let us know how it works out.
10-02-2012, 07:29 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Nice score!
The *ist D series make nice IR bodies since they have a weak IR blocking filter. You pretty much still need a tripod though.

This was taken using my unmodified *ist D with kit lens and IR filter.
10-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Outside of slow buffer, I still like my *istD.

10-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #5
Pentaxian

I love my old *istD. Cracker of a camera, I shoot in TIFF format, really nice, P-TTL flash. And Tiny.
10-06-2012, 09:44 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It's a DL like my old one but the flash actually still works on this one. :P You can tell the guy put some mileage on it though. His fingerprints are actually dusted on it in what looks like chalk? It's faint nothing loose or on the lens et all, but I think he had sweaty hands or something, used talc a lot before he picked up his camera. I haven't checked the shutter count as yet but I'm betting it's not too low. I'd like to take it out but it's been raining buckets here all week. Probably will be tomorrow too on and off they say. I probably will try it out later in the week though even if it's only on the dolls. I want to run it through it's paces see if it has any quirks before it lands in my bag as DSLR body #2.
10-07-2012, 04:12 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I nearly bought a brand new, in the box, one today for £40 ( UK Pounds ) - body only - at a camera fair. I resisted, I was STRONG !

10-07-2012, 04:38 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Brand new in the box for THAT? I'd have bought that thing in a heartbeat! 40 pounds is like what $60 in USA money? That's a steal.