Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-04-2012, 12:45 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Samyang 85mm Hood and Cap

Good evening,

I' d like some direct links (to ebay or what not) for the objects presented in the title. The Hood and the Cap of this lens are flimsy (to say at best) and poorly designed (can' t pull of the cap if the hood is on; and it' s hard to put the hood with the cap on) , so I' m looking for good sturdy replacements.

Thank you!

10-06-2012, 01:17 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by urssu Quote
Good evening,

I' d like some direct links (to ebay or what not) for the objects presented in the title. The Hood and the Cap of this lens are flimsy (to say at best) and poorly designed (can' t pull of the cap if the hood is on; and it' s hard to put the hood with the cap on) , so I' m looking for good sturdy replacements.

Thank you!
I do admit that the lens hood is a bit on the flexible side but it offers adequate protection from accidental knocks and serves it's primary function of preventing flare well enough. You won't be able to find a substitute bayonet mount lens hood unless you choose a screw-on lens hood but it's very easy to obtain a 77mm centre pinch lens cap from eBay, that will let you remove/replace the lens cap while the lens hood is deployed or not.
10-06-2012, 01:54 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I think you could try one of the Matin hoods that consist of a screw-on ring that remains on the lens (and can take a lenscap) and a bayonet hood that can be mounted on it as well as reversed for storage just like a "normal" bayonet hood would. I have one for my Sigma 50mm and it is solid and well-built - my only issue is that sometimes the ring unscrews when I want just take the hood off the lens.