Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-09-2012, 03:48 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Photos of Kids Using Pricey DSLR Gear Going Viral in China

Are you the one thinking FF is too expensive? ahh poor guys! Look at these kids with FF Canon!!

Photos of Kids Using Pricey DSLR Gear Going Viral in China

More photo here:
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????~00??????????? ? ?????-????

My reaction? at least they are not Leicas and Hassy.... LOL who knows, maybe couple more years later we will see Kids with Leicas, Hassy...

I know I am poor now. Damn poor.

One of the photo:

10-09-2012, 04:44 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.
10-09-2012, 06:48 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Update: The kids in the photos have been identified as the children and niece of high ranking government official Han Deqiang who expressed anger at his children being the target of disparaging propaganda.

On a related note: Chinese newspaper Guangming Daily has posted an article where the wife of photographer Liu Li Yang has reported him missing after he did not return home from his nightly visit to the corner Internet Cafe where he would check his email.
Police do not believe he is the victim of any foul play and commented "He probably just had to much to drink and will find his way home tomorrow."

It could happen...
10-10-2012, 12:17 AM   #4
Veteran Member

You should see the mainland Chinese visitors shopping in HK... it's not uncommon to see them carrying around BAGS of Leica gear. Typically bought in cash.

10-10-2012, 12:42 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ive always thought Canon's feel like toys
10-10-2012, 04:56 AM   #6
Veteran Member

This is probably something similar to seeing photographs of American teenagers driving around in 30-50k automobiles.

Jason
10-10-2012, 05:53 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Why should this photo be a surprise at all?
It is pretty common place to see kids and youth not just in China but in many major Asian cities carrying expensive gear and branded goods. People should wake up their idea of the tremendous wealth generation the Asian economies have undergone on the back of high growth and very high savings. Loads of people made/are making/will make money. And if these photos prove, Asian parents are prepared to spend on their kids, perhaps to the point of indulgence. There are wealthy people everywhere but if you're not among the ranks, you can still hang on to the mirage of the great American Dream.

Last edited by creampuff; 10-11-2012 at 07:44 AM.
10-10-2012, 06:14 PM - 1 Like   #8
Veteran Member

Ah, the youth of today.... What are we teaching them? They should all have K5's with Limited lenses.

Regards

10-10-2012, 06:26 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
Why should this photo be a surprise at all?
It is pretty common place to see kids and youth not just in China but in many major Asian cities carrying expensive gear and branded goods. People should wake up their idea of the tremendous wealth generation the Asian economies have undergone on the back of high growth and very high savings. Loads of people made/are making/will make money. And if there photos prove, Asian parents are prepared to spend on their kids, perhaps to the point of indulgence. There are wealthy people everywhere but if you're not among the ranks, you can still hand on to the mirage of the great American Dream.
We are not used to see kids (in anywhere) with high end DSLR....

Hey, at least they are taking photos and not playing video games...
10-10-2012, 08:00 PM   #10
Veteran Member

...and I thought kids with iPhones was wrong.

I want a rich Asian family to adopt me now...
10-11-2012, 08:38 AM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Update: The kids in the photos have been identified as the children and niece of high ranking government official Han Deqiang who expressed anger at his children being the target of disparaging propaganda.

On a related note: Chinese newspaper Guangming Daily has posted an article where the wife of photographer Liu Li Yang has reported him missing after he did not return home from his nightly visit to the corner Internet Cafe where he would check his email.
Police do not believe he is the victim of any foul play and commented "He probably just had to much to drink and will find his way home tomorrow."

It could happen...
Kid's using their parents photo gear are common. My kids all learned to use my film SLR's growing up and took them on field trips and outings. My kids still borrow a camera from time to time as do my grand kids. They know how to use them and I trust them to treat it properly.
10-11-2012, 09:03 PM   #12
Pentaxian

aren't they still protesting against Japanese goods in mainland China...

That is a little embracing if they are indeed Communist party ruling children
10-11-2012, 09:10 PM   #13
Inactive Account

Thus the total hypocrisy of the Chinese protesting Japan's claim to ownership of the Senkaku Islands.

It's becoming more and more clear that this is nothing to do with sovereignty and more with muscle-flexing and taking control of natural resources.

The general public being played like the pawns they are by the ruling party...

QuoteOriginally posted by tromboads Quote
aren't they still protesting against Japanese goods in mainland China...

That is a little embracing if they are indeed Communist party ruling children
10-11-2012, 10:22 PM   #14
Pentaxian

Well, fair enough too. when has it ever not been about resources :P
10-12-2012, 05:31 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Julie Quote
...and I thought kids with iPhones was wrong.
My thoughts also........