Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Old Moderate Mitt is Back!

Clinton Mocks Romney: 'Old Moderate Mitt' Is Back! | Video Cafe

QuoteQuote:
Former President Bill Clinton literally jumped up and down on Tuesday while jabbing Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney for appearing to move to the center after months of campaigning as a "severe conservative."

During a campaign appearance for President Barack Obama in Las Vegas, Clinton noted that he had a different reaction to last week's debate, which many thought that Romney had won.

"I thought, 'Wow, here's old moderate Mitt. Where ya been, boy? I missed ya all these last two years,'" the former president quipped.

"Now, the problem with this deal is the deal was made by severe conservative Mitt," Clinton continued. "That was how he described himself for two whole years, until three or four days before the debate -- they all got together and said, 'Hey, man, this ship is sinking faster than the Titanic... so just show up with a sunny face and say, I didn't say all that stuff I said in the last two years. You gonna believe me or your lying eyes here? Come on.'"

"And if I had been the president, I might have said, 'I hate to get in the way of this, I miss you,'" he added.

In an interview with the Des Moines Register on Tuesday, Romney continued softening his positions, claiming that he had no intentions to restrict abortion rights.

"There’s no legislation with regards to abortion that I’m familiar with that would become part of my agenda," he told the paper's editorial board.

Romney's website, however, promises that the former Massachusetts governor would appoint Supreme Court justices to reverse Rov. v. Wade and eliminate all federal funding for Planned Parenthood. In 2007, Romney said that he would be "delighted" to sign a bill banning all abortions nationwide because it would be "terrific."

10-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I don't believe there is a moderate Mitt, there's just "lusting for power" Mitt, who will say anything for votes. He has pandered to the extreme right and now to the moderate right. There's no way to reconcile these points of view into policy, so what he will do if elected is a total mystery. Both moderates and the Tea Party think he'll come down on their side. The unfathomable thing to me is that people will accept a politician with no platform and no moral center.

I'm trying to disengage emotionally from American politics. It's deeply frustrating to watch and there's nothing I can do about it.
10-10-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
I don't believe there is a moderate Mitt, there's just "lusting for power" Mitt, who will say anything for votes. He has pandered to the extreme right and now to the moderate right. There's no way to reconcile these points of view into policy, so what he will do if elected is a total mystery. Both moderates and the Tea Party think he'll come down on their side. The unfathomable thing to me is that people will accept a politician with no platform and no moral center.

I'm trying to disengage emotionally from American politics. It's deeply frustrating to watch and there's nothing I can do about it.
See https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/political-religious-discussion/201658-9-t...-bankrupt.html

Don't feel bad, there isn't a single American here who has the first clue as to what is happening in Canadian politics, or cares. But Canadians don't have 500 ICBMs or stealth bombers.
10-10-2012, 02:12 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Don't feel bad, there isn't a single American here who has the first clue as to what is happening in Canadian politics, or cares. But Canadians don't have 500 ICBMs or stealth bombers.
And Republicans have an obvious relish for using them. The Republican leadership constantly reminds me of Orwell's 1984, grim and power mad.