Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Reverse Racisim Against Black Republicans

What is the deal with the vial treatment of Stacey Dash who came out supporting Mitt Romney and Nicki Minaj who jokingly endorsed Mitt Romney earlier this summer. While Snoop Lion's first criteria on his list of choosing who to vote for is which candidate is white and which is black with the rest of the list being nonsensical conjecture. Outrage over snoop voting based on race none. It seems that there is a lot of reverse racism of blacks being racist against a white man, Mitt Romney, while white people are giving Barack Obama a fair shake without consideration of race.

10-10-2012, 03:00 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The black vote is pretty firmly Democrat. I expect there would be a trend of black voters not voting for a black Republican as well. There might also be some resentment considering his religious views. He is party to a religion that discriminated against blacks, officially, until 1978. I am not saying the "reverse" discrimination is right, but I can see where it comes from.

Edit: They should hang her on statements like this, "I chose Mitt not by the color of his skin but by the content of his character,". While, she has a right to her opinion, Mitt Romney has proven that he has none.

Last edited by kenafein; 10-10-2012 at 03:14 PM.
10-10-2012, 03:13 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
FIrst of all there is no such thing as reverse racism. Black racism is exactly the same as white racism. Neither is reverse. The concept that one is racism and the other is reverse racism is in itself racist. And given the nature of racism, it would probably be easier to go find a white racist, if you are white, and try and understand him. He'll be more likely to talk to you openly than a black one.

As for why racism exists, it's because people are ignorant enough to think that a man's or woman's character can be judged by looking at their skin color or race.

You could just as easily ask, what's with white supremacists not voting for Obama?... duh.

Now a black person voting for a black Republican just because he's black... that would be racist.

Last edited by normhead; 10-10-2012 at 03:20 PM.
10-10-2012, 03:20 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
FIrst of all there is no such thing as reverse racism. Black racism is exactly the same as white racism. Neither is reverse. The concept that one is racism and the other is reverse racism is in itself racist. And given the nature of racism, it would probably be easier to go find a white racist, if you are white, and try and understand him. He'll be more likely to talk to you openly than a black one.

As for why racism exists, it's because people are ignorant enough to think that a man's or woman's character can be judged by looking at their skin color or race.

You could just as easily ask, what's with white supremacists not voting for Obama?... duh.
I agree Norm. I have never liked the term. I've actually been told, by a small minded individual, that only white people can be racist. That was a facepalm event. That's why I used it in quotations.

10-11-2012, 06:12 AM   #5
Veteran Member

It's kind of ironic, the Republican pary being founded by the Great Emancipator and all...
10-11-2012, 06:38 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
It's kind of ironic, the Republican pary being founded by the Great Emancipator and all...
Well, LBJ supported the Civil Rights Act and the racist, conservative, wing became Republicans. Dems also went after the union vote pushing them towards the left. I guess everything depends on the base you are trying to appeal to.
10-11-2012, 09:45 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
And given the nature of racism, it would probably be easier to go find a white racist, if you are white, and try and understand him. He'll be more likely to talk to you openly than a black one.
But the point is that the incidence of white supremacists within the white population is extremely low and they are marginalized within society while the percentage of the black population who are racist seems to be extremely large as indicated by Obama polling 95%+ among that population and the ones who are marginalized are the ones who voice tolerance like Stacey Dash instead of the ones like Snoop who voice intolerance.

I agree that the idea of reverse racism is really just racism, just by the minority population against the majority population, but I guess I used it because it is a colloquial term to describe this type of situation.

10-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mikemike Quote
....while the percentage of the black population who are racist seems to be extremely large as indicated by Obama polling 95%+ among that population....
How about a little clarification of your statement. By "that population", do you mean the black population as a whole, or do you mean the "black racist population"? If the latter, how do you know how large that segment is, and how do you know it was 95%+?
10-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #9
Veteran Member

But the point is that the incidence of white supremacists within the white population is extremely low and they are marginalized within society while the percentage of the black population who are racist seems to be extremely large as indicated by Obama polling 95%+ among that population and the ones who are marginalized are the ones who voice tolerance like Stacey Dash instead of the ones like Snoop who voice intolerance.

I agree that the idea of reverse racism is really just racism, just by the minority population against the majority population, but I guess I used it because it is a colloquial term to describe this type of situation.
And the Republican party is the party of old white men. I wonder what percentage of evangelical Christians would vote for Obama. We've made headway in leveling the playing field for minorities in this country, but things simply aren't equal. The Democratic party speaks to the African American demographic. I'm sure racism does play a role, for some, but not for most. Perhaps terms like reverse racism have downplayed the role of racism in the non-white demographics. There maybe more shame associated with racism in our society, regarding whites, but it sure exists. It just isn't talked about or it's played off as some other motivation.

By the way, McCain claimed 73% of the evangelical vote. Does that mean they're racist? Or are they simply conservative aligned?

Last edited by kenafein; 10-11-2012 at 12:49 PM.
10-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #10
Veteran Member

the percentage of the black population who are racist seems to be extremely large as indicated by Obama polling 95%+ among that population and the ones who are marginalized are the ones who voice tolerance like Stacey Dash instead of the ones like Snoop who voice intolerance.
I think it's extraordinary to put Obama's high polling down to racism. Black voters are bound to be enthused by a black president, you can call it racism if you want but it's clearly different than the racism directed AT Obama by whites.... you know exactly why this is - don't pretend that black people haven't been historically suppressed or that echoes of that suppression don't still affect people's lives and expectations today.

But it also happens that Obama's political positions and style are popular... I don't think you'd be seeing a landslide of support for Alan Keyes or Herman Cain if they went up against say, Clinton.

Hey, perhaps Obama's so good that 95% of the whole population would vote for him, if they weren't subconsciously racist.
10-11-2012, 10:41 AM   #11
Veteran Member

But the point is that the incidence of white supremacists within the white population is extremely low and they are marginalized within society
sometimes is is more a matter of "degrees"..............

QuoteQuote:
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) is warning Republicans that the strategy of relying on “angry white guys” is eventually going to doom his party.

This week, the Republican Party, which is reportedly 92 percent white..............................
Sen. Lindsey Graham: Republicans ‘not generating enough angry white guys’ | The Raw Story

QuoteQuote:
But CNN’s Fareed Zakaria noted earlier this year that the Republican strategy was unworkable going forward.

“[I]f you lose blacks, women, Latinos (and Republicans have probably already lost Arab and Muslim Americans), what are you left with?” Zakaria wondered. “You can’t win a general election with the angry, white, male vote. That’s clearly a core vote for the Republican Party but it’s not going to be enough.”

“Part of the reason for this is that the party is increasingly a Southern party reflecting the region’s concerns and passions,” he added. “So maybe this is an unstoppable phenomenon, but when you look at long-term demographics, it’s tough to see how you construct a majority adopting this policy.”
10-11-2012, 11:33 AM - 1 Like   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ihasa Quote
I think it's extraordinary to put Obama's high polling down to racism. Black voters are bound to be enthused by a black president, you can call it racism if you want but it's clearly different than the racism directed AT Obama by whites.... you know exactly why this is - don't pretend that black people haven't been historically suppressed or that echoes of that suppression don't still affect people's lives and expectations today.

But it also happens that Obama's political positions and style are popular... I don't think you'd be seeing a landslide of support for Alan Keyes or Herman Cain if they went up against say, Clinton.

Hey, perhaps Obama's so good that 95% of the whole population would vote for him, if they weren't subconsciously racist.
True. The African American vote has been around 90% Democratic in recent presidential elections regardless of the race of the candidate. John Kerry got the vote of 88% of the black voters, and Al Gore's ratio was even higher at 92%.

Mitt Romney went to the NAACP and told them they should not vote for him if they want "free stuff." His party supports measures to suppress the black vote and takes position after position which is contrary to the perceived self-interest of African Americans. It is not too surprising that many African Americans would find a vote for him to be contrary to the interests of most black Americans.

Last edited by GeneV; 10-12-2012 at 05:38 AM.
10-11-2012, 11:47 AM   #13
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There's nothing wrong with the way blacks voter for Obama. There have been black Republicans capable of carrying the black vote, like Colin Powell, but he was so moderate he probably wouldn't have carried the evangelical vote. There are hot topics that resonate with black voters, if you want that vote then you need to campaign on those things they want. You can't go about being a rich privileged old white guy pushing white privileged old white guy policies and expect blacks to vote for you. It's ridiculous to even suggest that they should. What? They're supposed to divide their vote going against their own issues just so they aren't perceived as racist? That would be counter productive to the democratic process. Enough rich old privileged white guys get into office without blacks voting for them too. Now that we've have a black president how about getting really scary and electing a woman, black, latino, muslim or white, any woman. Or how about someone who's gay? Ok now we're talking... how about a gay woman? That's it! A black/latino/gay/woman who's converted to Islam.

Is the whole country sexist, homophobic and bigotted because none of those have been elected President... you're dam right it is. Everyone can walk around saying they are not biased as much as they want, but until a capable person of every persuasion has been in the oval office, I'm not buying it. This is symptomatic of the whole society. The kind of omission that proves how biased people really are. And don't even try the "well none of them are qualified." Sayiing none of them has ever been qualified would probably be the most bigoted statement ever made. Or are you going to argue that even though GB had Margaret thatcher and India had Indira Ghandhi and so forth and so on, American women aren't up to par with the rest of the world. There is simply no positive way to look at it.

With all due respect, this was a horrible road to go down, I hope you're regretting it. And if you continue to spout nonsense, it's only going to get worse.

Last edited by normhead; 10-11-2012 at 12:03 PM.
10-11-2012, 01:01 PM   #14
Veteran Member

I do find it funny however that a thread started to ask why an African American women is being attacked for her support for Romney has been converted into the usual anti-republican attacks because they are the party of old white men and is nothing but a bunch or rascists and the minorities in the party are nothing but modern day Jim Crows. Ah we'll please continue the conversation at you leisure
10-11-2012, 01:24 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
I do find it funny however that a thread started to ask why an African American women is being attacked for her support for Romney has been converted into the usual anti-republican attacks because they are the party of old white men and is nothing but a bunch or rascists and the minorities in the party are nothing but modern day Jim Crows. Ah we'll please continue the conversation at you leisure
I find it amusing when the pot calls the kettle black.. and less American...

BTW: the "black Mormon" interview on Stewart is a HOOT.....

QuoteQuote:
Tuesday October 9, 2012
The Black Mormon Vote
Jessica Williams discovers black Mormons are just like other Americans -- argumentative and intolerant of each other's viewpoints.
The Black Mormon Vote - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 10/09/12 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-october-9-2012/the-black-mormon-vote?xrs=share_copy

A paraphrase:

QuoteQuote:
Isn't it interesting the the Republican back there is the "angry black guy".

Last edited by jeffkrol; 10-11-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Closed Thread