Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Logitech Harmony One Remote

Just thought I would give a big ole thumbs up for this remote. I have been toying / debating getting one of these all in one remotes for years. I finally ordered the Logitech Harmony One remote and I have to say so far (only 2 days) I am pretty damn impressed. It currently replaces 4 remotes and so far every function from every remote (at least the ones I use the most) work as advertised. The 'macros' of 'Watch TV' , 'Watch DVD' , etc work great. I plan to have it replace two more remotes in the near future.

Even though I consider myself technically proficient , this is a very easy remote to 'program' , I think most anyone can do it. The remote 'Help' button is a great feature and will walk you through some likley scenarios if something is wrong (ie: Is the TV on ? , Is it on the right input ? Is the receiver on? etc... and then depending on the answer will take corrective action right there).

The only compliant I have now is if I use one of the 'Activities' (such as watch TV) if one of the components is already on , it will actually turn it off. Not a real big issue but still would be nice. The one button 'power it all on' and 'power it all off' are great.

I don't work for Logitech , have no affiliation at all. I researched quite a few of them and this one seemed the best bang for the buck (all in one remotes range from $60 - to over $400). Now we just need it to last (there were a few complaints of the battery swelling and ruining the remote after a year) , time will tell.

10-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I didnt expect to see a Harmony One mini-review but it is spot on. I have had one for years and other than it TURNING OFF something when it was already on and should stay on when I press ON, i have no complaints. For me at least it was an iterative process and took a couple days to get it perfect with settings in 4 A/V boxes and all the detailed settings you can get to. But once its there........blow your friends away as you enjoy one touch to anything.

Dave - I can only speak for a single unit but have had no battery swelling or any issues with the unit after...lemmee think...at least 5 years.

edit - the way around the small issue above is to make sure the troublesome item is getting the signal before walking away. When I noticed my cable decoded not always turning off I just held the remote straight on to it for a better signal and pretty much killed the problem.
10-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #3

+1
I got lucky and got in on the Best Buy price mistake on Father's Day. I picked up 3 new Harmony One remotes for $49.99 each. I agree that it is the best bang for the buck for a remote like this. I have one programmed to turn the lights down or off/on and control my HTPC, projector, Blu-ray, Onkyo AV Rcvr and more. I control some devices with my SG2 phone over wifi and use the remote for the rest. So far, I haven't had any problems with any of them.
10-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
$49.95???? and you didint call all of us to get in on that? Thats more than bang for the buck, thats nuclear.

10-12-2012, 08:15 PM   #5

That was before I was bitten by the Pentax bug! I saw it listed on *************** and bought them as fast as I could! SD is a great site, btw.
10-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by imtheguy Quote
$49.95???? and you didint call all of us to get in on that? Thats more than bang for the buck, thats nuclear.
yep I thought I got a deal at 3 times that Good to hear you have had no issues with the battery swelling as well.