Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-06-2008, 07:53 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Photography Courses

Hi, Could anyone give me some information on a photography course worth doing? I am just starting out and want to make a career in photography. It would be much appreciated if a professional could point me in the right direction!

Cheers.

02-06-2008, 08:14 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I did an Adult Education course in Sports Photography which I found very useful.

I too am interested in what the education pathway is for a professional.

Probably should mention this needs to be specific to Australia?
02-07-2008, 12:26 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I guess you could check out the body that does the Accreditation ... I think it is called the AIPP (Aust. Institute of Professional Photographer) ... I know a few of the circlework guys that are accredited.

I guess for starting off though .. try a local night college that run different photography courses.

Also there's an Australian forum ... digitalslr.com.au ... has links for different courses from memory as well.
02-07-2008, 10:00 AM   #4

Hi Capture,

I would imagine the best one to do would be a Bachelor of Arts in Photography via many Uni's through Australia - 3 years full time or a Diploma 2 years full time.

There a many photojournalism short courses around and places like the Melbourne Camera Club could be a good place to get more information Melbourne Camera Club - Home

good luck
Keith

02-10-2008, 02:04 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Hi Thanks for your replies. I have decided to join AIPP as a student. I am located in Orange in NSW at the moment. Thanks again