Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
10-21-2012, 05:25 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I've just been out of town since Wednesday. I have a lot of new pics though.

10-21-2012, 05:53 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Another thing to add is that the Forum has a lot more discussion topics going and is spread out a lot more. That may give the illusion that there are fewer posts.
10-21-2012, 07:31 AM   #18
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

After almost a year of hardly using my K5 (since I got the little X10) I have been having tons of fun in my new little studio, shooting lovely young ladies, doggies, kids and doggies, and whatever comes along. I spend less time here than usual, but still get by to enjoy what people post and post a few myself. This is a great set of Forums, it is always a pleasure to log in!

Having rediscovered my K5, I can tell you I forgot how wonderful it is! Great camera!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Great for cropping too!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!
10-21-2012, 09:42 AM   #19
Pentaxian

I've been too busy playing with the super secret prototype FF Pentax. Shhh...don't tell anyone.

10-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #20
Veteran Member

It seems that most of day is tied up with chores, jobs, families etc, and finding a lot of time relaxing with the camera and the Forums is not all that easy, for me anyway. Let's hope that it is the calm before the storm, with new announcements, products etc coming from Pentax very soon. One can only hope.
10-21-2012, 01:39 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kozlok Quote
I've been too busy playing with the super secret prototype FF Pentax. Shhh...don't tell anyone.
I was wondering who got it next.
10-21-2012, 02:04 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I was wondering who got it next.
Send it on to Rupert, when you've finished with it. He's clearly the most in need of inspiration.

10-21-2012, 11:04 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Send it on to Rupert, when you've finished with it. He's clearly the most in need of inspiration.
Yeah. Poor old Rupert. I really feel for him. Nothing interesting to shoot.

Richard.
10-21-2012, 11:19 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
No morale problem here. I've been busy taking photographs and getting on with life.
+1. Now that I've got a bunch of stuff that's more capable than me, it seems to me to be more productive to use the stuff I've got rather than spend my time speculating about what I might be able to buy in the future. If benjikan can use gear that I own to shoot professionally for Harper's Bazaar and Vogue https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5/184417-pentax-k5-my-vogue-shoot.html, then there's no reason for me to feel that my gear is inadequate.

Richard.
10-23-2012, 07:26 AM   #25
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Seems pretty busy here to me...over in the Naked Girly Forum, things are always hopping! ...you guys have found it here....right? It opened up automatically when I made my latest donation.....give it a try!
That was supposed to be secret and by private invitation only!
The first rule of Naked Girly Forum.................................................
10-23-2012, 07:44 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I feel the market slowed down before Photokina, and it hasn't picked back up. Popular items take a long time to sell, and others sit. Initially, I think people were waiting to see what Pentax would come up with, and now I think many are considering leaving and have stopped purchasing.
10-23-2012, 08:52 AM   #27
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
Popular items take a long time to sell, and others sit.
I agree with this based on my observations-- seems like even if items are priced right, even below market value, that there is a lack of buyer interest. Items have to be in excellent shape and priced pretty low in order to sell. Which is surprising because compared with the MAP prices for new lenses (at least online), I would think that the price of used lenses would be at least stable if not even go up slightly. But it hasn't been the case for many of the DA limited lenses I've seen for sale, although the FA limiteds seem to continue to hold their resale value-- maybe because they're FF. In any case, people are in a holding pattern for the most part, content with the lenses they have, or waiting until the market picks back up before putting their gear up for sale. Hopefully as the K-30 brings more new Pentaxians into the fold, they will bring with them the (LBA) need to buy (used) lenses to fill out their lens collections...
10-23-2012, 08:57 AM   #28
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I'm not sure how much longer loyal fans are going to wait...
Wait for what?
10-23-2012, 09:56 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Wait for what?
Their D800E to arrive?
10-23-2012, 10:02 AM   #30
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Their D800E to arrive?
Speaking of the D800E, I heard that it's actually going to start becoming more readily available soon.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: