Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2007, 07:18 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
TD Bank North Garden, Boston Ma. Cameras?

Got invite to check out a Bruins game Thursday night. Website says some events do not allow cameras. Anyone ever bring thier camera to a Bruins game? Not P&S a *ist. Hoping to bring mine but never been to a hockey game. Any suggestions. I plan on emailing them for fun to see what they say.

01-03-2007, 06:31 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Never been to a hockey game but a friend was stopped from going to a Memphis Grizzlies NBA game. Said you couldn't have a lens longer than 3". His Pentax DL and Pentax J75-300 didn't work. Every building seems to have their own rules. Next time he will take a Pentax 50-200. It fits! Good luck with the shots. You could always sneak it in.
thanks
barondla
01-03-2007, 06:53 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Never heard of anyone stopped for a camera at a hockey game.
01-03-2007, 08:35 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I sent a email to the Bruins and got this response.

-----Original Message-----
From: Fan Relations [mailto:fanrelations@bostonbruins.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2007 10:28 AM
To: vievetrick@charter.net
Subject: Re: Coming to a came

Unfortunately they will not allow for professional cameras to enter the building. They will allow standard digital cameras. I am not all that familiar with SLR cameras but if it has a big lense on it, the usher staff will confiscate it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Fan Relations
617-624-BEAR
fanrelations@bostonbruins.com

>>> "Patrick Brough" <vievetrick@charter.net> 1/2/2007 9:53 PM >>>

Hi I live in Western Mass and will be attending a game this week. One of my hobbies is Photography and I like to bring my camera with me everywhere. I have never been to a Bruins game and am very interested in bringing my SLR camera to the game for fun to try and take pictures. Wondering if this is allowed? I have been to several Red Sox games and never had a problem and hoping to have the same pleasant experience with the Bruins.

I am not asking for any special pass just really hoping to bring my camera and a lens or two.

Thank you in advance.

Pat Brough

Bummer I think I will bring it and take my chances. Game is Thursday night I will keep you posted.

01-03-2007, 10:09 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bummer is right. You could always sneak it in. Take lens off or take small 50mm lens on it. Have other tele lens hidden in coat pocket or some thing and assemble the real camera when seated. Most ushers will never pay attention to you shooting if you don't draw attention to your self. I also tape black tape over the white name on the camera prism so it doesn't stick out. Of course everyone knows a pro camera is a Canon or Nikon so maybe that would work. Have brought cameras in by placing in womens (girlfriend/wife) purse. Throw a piece of under wear on top and most won't look through purse (especially men). In the film days would shoot the shots and when done load a "fake" used roll of film into camera. If caught when leaving throw a fit and eventually hand usher the fake roll out of camera. Good roll was tucked in top of sock. Worked everytime. Have fun.
thanks
barondla
01-04-2007, 01:40 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Usually it is not the issue of terrorism, it is all about the monopoly right of the shots from games. Lots of magazine companies paid a huge deal for sending their own photographers in to take exclusive shots...

It happened to every single match of any sports in Australia too
01-04-2007, 11:35 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Take lens off or take small 50mm lens on it. Have other tele lens hidden in coat pocket ....
I'm guessing you also know a lot of ways to sneak booze into a theatre or college football game (when you were younger, of course).