Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-22-2012, 03:46 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Mitts insensitivity

Mitt Romney Left Insensitive Messages For Gold Star Mother After Her Son's Death, Report Says
QuoteQuote:
"I can’t believe you haven’t returned my call," Romney said on one of the voice mail messages, according to Stephany Kern, speaking at her Westerly, Rhode Island home this past Saturday. "Here I am making a second call; I haven’t heard from you."
Mrs. Kern says that many officials, including Romney and Senators John Kerry and Ted Kennedy, left messages for her the day after her son died. She felt unable to speak to anyone in those initial days. "I didn’t listen to any of the calls," she says.
Only Romney, she says, complained in a second message that she had not called back.
"He was completely unable to understand that a mom was not going to return his phone call, and that it wasn’t a priority for me," she says. "I wasn’t being disrespectful. I was being a mom who was greeting the casket of her son coming home from war."
Kern's husband told the Boston Phoenix that he had heard Romney's second and third messages and remembers Romney saying "I'm a busy man" in one of them.
Kern said Romney didn't attend the funeral for her son, Marine Lance Corporal Nickolas Schiavoni, but his office reached out to let her know that he would visit Sciavoni's grave. Kern said doesn't know if that visit ever happened, but that she found it "outrageous" for Romney to call her three times without regard for the state of grief she was in following her son's death

Entitled putz..............

10-22-2012, 04:08 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What a cretin - Absolutely outrageous !!
10-23-2012, 09:51 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I'm guessing in the LDS, when someone like Mitt calls, you return the call.
10-23-2012, 02:56 PM   #4
Veteran Member

The man is definitely missing a sensitivity gene. I don't like what I see of him at all. He comes across as a total snob who thinks way too much of himself. One of the jobs of the President is to be top diplomat. I just can't see this guy being very good at it. He can't hardly help but insult people in his own country half the time. What is he going to do when he has to deal with delicate matters of diplomacy? Looking at what he said in the last debate it's pretty clear he has no idea of how foreign policy works or any real idea of how the military is run these days. He's made several seemingly clueless comments while on the campaign trail, had to backtrack and apologize.

I really just don't want this guy in office. I don't particularly consider myself Team Obama, don't like him much either, but if Romney is the alternative (and it's looking like the race just might be close) I'm actually considering voting Democrat. I don't think there's much choice. The alternative is just distasteful. I don't want the independent vote to accidentally vote this guy into office. I'm thinking it would be a total disaster...

10-23-2012, 05:33 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Why is it we always seem to have to vote for the lesser of two evils? Maybe we need more viable parties.
10-24-2012, 05:05 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Checking...jono Quote
Why is it we always seem to have to vote for the lesser of two evils? Maybe we need more viable parties.
So you'd rather vote for the least of 5 evils
10-24-2012, 05:36 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Frankly, all political parties should be banned. All you get with a political party is a machine that is dedicated to getting as many of it's members in positions of power as possible. They are NOT inclined to do what is best for the country as a whole. Romney as much as admitted that when he said he didn't care about the 47% who would vote for Obama no matter what he (Mitt) did.

10-24-2012, 05:46 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Maybe not 5, but more than 2 would, perhaps, help rein in the mud. The advantage of ditching a binary system is that every sentiment against a 1 does not automatically favor 0.
10-24-2012, 07:20 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

With two it seems like it's "either/or", "you're with us or against us", or some other all or none choice. When there are more than two parties coalitions have to be assembled to accomplish things. This doesn't mean there are never gridlocks, but it does get some alternate ideas of how to accomplish things out to the public. Our two party gridlock system needs to evolve into something more viable or we will continue to decline as a nation.
10-24-2012, 10:57 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Checking...jono Quote
With two it seems like it's "either/or", "you're with us or against us", or some other all or none choice. When there are more than two parties coalitions have to be assembled to accomplish things. This doesn't mean there are never gridlocks, but it does get some alternate ideas of how to accomplish things out to the public. Our two party gridlock system needs to evolve into something more viable or we will continue to decline as a nation.
Or cease to be a nation. It is hard to ignore the similarities between the red and blue state line and the boundaries of secession in the Civil War.
10-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
Or cease to be a nation. It is hard to ignore the similarities between the red and blue state line and the boundaries of secession in the Civil War.
But for nearly 100 years it was the opposite. It wasn't until the Civil Rights act turned the Dixiecrats Republican and Richard Nixon adopted the southern strategy that red and blue started to shift.

Just look at a "blue state" like NY. The city governments have been run by Democrats forever, but the surrounding county and town governments are run by Republicans, and have been since the Civil War. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand is being demonized as the most liberal member of the Senate but she was a Blue Dog when she was a Congresswoman (Chuck Schumer must be glad she took that title away from him. But he is still a Jew, so there's that.)

Last edited by boriscleto; 10-24-2012 at 11:51 AM.
10-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
But for nearly 100 years it was the opposite. It wasn't until the Civil Rights act turned the Dixiecrats Republican and Richard Nixon adopted the southern strategy that red and blue started to shift.
There has remained a strong regional cohesion in the former Confederacy, whether it be to the Democrats or the Republicans.
10-24-2012, 04:58 PM - 1 Like   #13
Veteran Member

Slate had an interesting article about Mitt today wherein a 9 year old Harry Potter fan cast him as the Dolores Umbridge character from "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix"

Harry Potter Presidential Campaign: Romney is Umbridge. Obama is Dumbledore. - Slate Magazine

QuoteQuote:
It started in the last debate when she said of Mitt Romney, after hearing him talk for a few minutes: “He’s Umbridge!” And of course I saw exactly what she meant, the brittle, lacquered, self-satisfied smile of the ambitious Dark Arts professor and passionate ministry bureaucrat, Dolores Umbridge. The saccharine, almost-girlish chuckle. The proclamations she issues at Hogwarts, the self-important talk about “the ministry this” and “the ministry that.” The classes doomed to read out loud instead of learning the spells they desperately need. The moment where she makes Harry write lines into his own skin with a pen that draws real blood, all the while smiling that fake and brittle smile. Then of course there is her interest in Muggle Registration, and protecting “pureblood” wizards from the dilution and compromise of human blood.
They posted a comparison photo of Romney and Umbridge, but I just had to take it to the logical conclusion.
Attached Images

Last edited by MRRiley; 10-24-2012 at 05:27 PM.
10-27-2012, 10:13 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
...But he is still a Jew, so there's that...
'Splain this to me, Lucy.
10-27-2012, 10:18 AM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lammie200 Quote
'Splain this to me, Lucy.
Meaning they hate him for that.

As in "Oh look, it's Chuck Jewmer" etc.

Last edited by boriscleto; 10-27-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Closed Thread