Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-23-2012, 10:08 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
SF Giants

It is looking like an exciting WS awaits the baseball fan in some of us.

10-23-2012, 11:33 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm a Tigers fan.............I can't believe we have to play the first 4 games in SF...................
10-23-2012, 11:41 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GDRoth Quote
I'm a Tigers fan.............I can't believe we have to play the first 4 games in SF...................
I could be wrong but I think 2 in SF, 3 in Detroit, then 2 in SF if it goes to 7 games. Might get rained out for the first one in SF, but if I were going to bet I would bet that it won't be.
10-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #4
Veteran Member

.You are correct on the sequence.............Games on Saturday and Sunday and Monday in Detroit......Rain forecast in Detroit by Saturday.............

10-23-2012, 12:01 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Good luck to the Tigers. I grew up in MI, but I have lived in SF longer now. I can remember sitting in the outfield at old Tiger's Stadium. Cozy park, but I don't know how the new stadium compares.

People in SF are still numb about the Giants playoff run. A lot of sad faces from the time Melky was suspended have changed to ear-to-ear grins. Hopefully both teams will show up for the WS. But it's baseball - anything can happen.
10-23-2012, 12:09 PM   #6
Ooh! Shiney! Me Want!
Loyal Site Supporter

We missed the Rally Squirrel ....

Congrats, SF - be thankful you don't live in St. Louis (though a young team and younmg manager put together an impressive, exciting run ....).
10-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Congrats, SF - be thankful you don't live in St. Louis (though a young team and younmg manager put together an impressive, exciting run ....).
After last year's WS you would think that Cardinals fans would welcome a team that loses every game it plays. A lot people don't realize that the Cardinal team that won last year is vastly different than the team we just saw. That is a testament to a good organisation.

As for rally charms - anything is fine except those frickin' rally sticks that the Angels had in the 2002 WS. That was just loud and wrong. Haven't really seen those rally sticks since then. Maybe they are outlawed now?
10-23-2012, 06:52 PM   #8
Ooh! Shiney! Me Want!
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lammie200 Quote
After last year's WS you would think that Cardinals fans would welcome a team that loses every game it plays. A lot people don't realize that the Cardinal team that won last year is vastly different than the team we just saw. That is a testament to a good organisation.
After the loss of Pujols and retirement of LaRussa, they need to work through the 5 Stages of Grief - Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and Rebirth and Renewal. They don't yet understand the entire 2012 season was Stage 5. Tonight St. Louis is somewhere between 1 and 2.

10-29-2012, 08:48 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Super slow motion condolences to all the Tiger fans on the forum.
10-29-2012, 09:19 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Being from Michigan, I of course am a Tiger's fan, but you have to give the Giants their due. They played far better than the Tigers, and the results are undeniable. Congrats to San Francisco!
10-29-2012, 09:33 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Yes, the Tigers used up all their hitting to get to the Series............SF was just too much for them.............Congrats to SF!
10-29-2012, 09:55 AM   #12
Pentaxian

I'm not a fan of either team and don't follow them but I must say the Giants played a very impressive series. One of the reasons I love baseball is how totally unpredictable it is and this series proved it again.
10-29-2012, 11:06 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
...One of the reasons I love baseball is how totally unpredictable it is and this series proved it again.
Like a lot of kids I played organized baseball for 8-9 years growing up. I think one of the things that I realized early on is that it is a sport where you have no choice but to endure failure if you want to be successsful. When I hear a professional baseball player say that baseball is humbling, even with their big contracts, and a union that all out assures that they have advantages like no other workers, I still believe them.

I find it entertaining. After all, who wouldn't enjoy seeing multi-millionaires many times over who have every advantage that you could think of over most everyone else fail at what they set out to do. I guess that I am cruel that way.
10-29-2012, 09:40 PM   #14
Veteran Member

I was in the city the last time they won the series, hope they win again because it's gonna mean one great night of partying again for bay arians...
10-29-2012, 10:22 PM   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lammie200 Quote
Like a lot of kids I played organized baseball for 8-9 years growing up. I think one of the things that I realized early on is that it is a sport where you have no choice but to endure failure if you want to be successsful. When I hear a professional baseball player say that baseball is humbling, even with their big contracts, and a union that all out assures that they have advantages like no other workers, I still believe them.

I find it entertaining. After all, who wouldn't enjoy seeing multi-millionaires many times over who have every advantage that you could think of over most everyone else fail at what they set out to do. I guess that I am cruel that way.
I played as a kid and at 62, I still play in a softball league, or at least try to. I have seen crazy things. A whole team can fall into a slump at the same time. I've had it happen to my team and for no apparent reason. I've seen it go the other way too. People who hardly ever hit start pounding the ball all over the field. The Giants got hot, the Tigers went cold. The fans may be upset but anybody who has ever played the game for any length of time understands that completely because he/she will have experienced it.