Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
10-24-2012, 05:21 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Another far-right religious repugnacan's comments re: rape

God at work when rape leads to pregnancy, Indiana Republican Senate candidate Mourdock says | Fox News

QuoteQuote:
Mourdock, who's been locked in one of the country's most expensive and closely watched Senate races, was asked during the final minutes of a debate Tuesday night whether abortion should be allowed in cases of rape or incest.

"I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize that life is that gift from God. And, I think, even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen," Mourdock said.
What is it with these guys? Some of them actually believe this crap. I'm sure this guy would force his own daughter to bear her rapist's monster (though he probably has all boys) if she were raped and left helpless in a dumpster.

Funny thing is, Using this "logic" we should not even prosecute the rapists because if it was "god's will" that the woman get pregnant it was also "god's will" that she be raped. Too bad we cannot indict and arrest Mourdock's god for his crimes against humanity.

When asked if he thought that the rape itself was preordained he denied that that was his meaning, but frankly I cannot see how you can have a preordained pregnancy without also having a preordained rape.

No "greater societal or human good" can come from a woman being raped and being forced to bear the rapist's child. I don't care if the child is the next freaking Albert Einstein or Mahatma Gandhi. If god wanted those two guys to be born so badly he'd give their mother's loving male partners.

Of course, my opinion is that if there is some supreme mystic deity, he/she/it probably doesn't care about us any more than we care about a patch of moss growing on a tree, much less take an active role in saying who gets violently raped so she can bear the next messiah... But if he does, then the h3ll with him/it (no female interfering deity would put up with this crap).

Mike

Last edited by MRRiley; 10-24-2012 at 05:29 AM.
10-24-2012, 05:43 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
And consistent with Akin's law, the pregnancy must have been God's miracle, because normally, a woman's body won't allow it to conceive from a rape.
10-24-2012, 06:45 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Usually if a person holds ridiculous beliefs like that they get pressured by society at large. I hope this happens there, but it doesn't seem to be the case at all. Its as if people want to believe that rape is actually a great thing, just so they can keep pretending every thing is great and the only bad people are atheist muslim communists.
10-24-2012, 06:50 AM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery

10-24-2012, 07:47 AM   #5

The more repubnacans I come across or get to know, the more firmly I tend to believe in the necessities of abortion. I so wish these nitwits were sucked out from their mother's womb while they were still fetuses, so that the civilized world would never have had to put up with their garbage ideology.
10-24-2012, 08:02 AM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by debmalya Quote
The more repubnacans I come across or get to know, the more firmly I tend to believe in the necessities of abortion. I so wish these nitwits were sucked out from their mother's womb while they were still fetuses, so that the civilized world would never have had to put up with their garbage ideology.
If these people (far right, fundamentalist Christians) had been born in Afghanistan instead of America, they would all be Taliban. They are cut from the same cloth.
10-24-2012, 08:09 AM   #7
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I so wish these nitwits were sucked out from their mother's womb while they were still fetuses, so that the civilized world would never have had to put up with their garbage ideology.
Civilized world?
I strongly believe in a woman's right to choose, but I'm having trouble envisioning a civilized world being one in which civilized people wish fetuses sucked out of their mother's womb simply to prevent them from growing up to say stupid things.

10-24-2012, 09:05 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Quick why don't we collect all the names of all the republicans and conservative independents as well as those darn blue blood democrats round them all up and exterminate them, ban any political thought other than the liberal democratic ideals and institute a government branch for the thought police and enforce re-education camps while we are at it. Yes I know it's called hyperbole before you come out and say "oh I never meant that" or say"he never implied that" we have a statement posted on a forum in favor of forced abortions based purely on a parents political leaning and no one says hey this is one stupid moronic comment ? Has this nation really devolved to the point that this kind of idiotic belief is seen as acceptable in our public discourse? Yes these comments from Republicans are repugnant but are the comments from democrats attacking it no less point in case.
10-24-2012, 09:33 AM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
If these people (far right, fundamentalist Christians) had been born in Afghanistan instead of America, they would all be Taliban. They are cut from the same cloth.
At least the talibans grow up in harsh environments with little or no means or education or access to thereof. They have little to learn about besides traditions. On the other hand these scum bags are lucky to be born in a developed nation that is very modernized and yet they prove themselves to be worse than the talibans.
10-24-2012, 09:44 AM - 2 Likes   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
. . . we have a statement posted on a forum in favor of[/B]forced abortions based purely on a parents political leaning [B] and no one says hey this is one stupid moronic comment ? Has this nation really devolved to the point that this kind of idiotic belief is seen as acceptable in our public discourse? Yes these comments from Republicans are repugnant but are the comments from democrats attacking it no less point in case.
I normally stand against generalizing about a whole group. I'm not religious and dislike most of it, for example, but I know there are plenty of sincere religious people too who don't deserve to be lumped together with the jerks, nuts, and ignoramuses found too often in organized religion.

But the Republican party has become something bordering on evil. It isn't the party it used to be where moderate conservatives could be counted on to work with moderate liberals. The Republican party has been invaded by the Tea Party, it listens to Limbaugh and Beck and Norquist, it is run by extremists who are ruining our country.

A key part of Republican philosophy—unregulated capitalism—was given the go ahead back in the 90s, and it nearly bankrupted us . . . yet plenty of Republicans want to again eliminate regulations. Global warming could wipe out a significant part of humanity, or at least habitable Earth, yet Republicans are denying the science and trying to deregulate. Republican leadership manipulated congress and our allies into warring against Iraq over WMDs that never existed, costing us trillions in dollars, and much more in lost and ruined lives. Now, not content with financial ruin (which the middle class is paying for), injuring the planet, or ruining our reputation with the world . . . to top off all these great contributions from one party they have decided to ruin the election process!

Lie after lie after lie, distortions, quoting out of context, more lies, while the recent voter suppression laws and tactics are possibly the greatest evil our political process has seen in over a century. If Romney gets in power having used such fraudulent and malicious tactics, they will (since they produced a "winner") be normalized and therefore become part of the US political scene . . . it is a HUGE threat looming just days away.

What our country really needs right now are moderate conservatives back in power in the Republican party. Until they are, you are wasting your time looking for charitable attitudes toward a party entertaining extremists who are trying to lower America to their amoral level.

Last edited by les3547; 10-24-2012 at 07:54 PM.
10-24-2012, 09:47 AM   #11

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Civilized world?
I strongly believe in a woman's right to choose, but I'm having trouble envisioning a civilized world being one in which civilized people wish fetuses sucked out of their mother's womb simply to prevent them from growing up to say stupid things.
The civilized world can only remain civilized by limiting those elements that lead to uncivility. This guys ideology may seem to be (harmless?) 'stupidity' to you, but I see this to be harmful. At very least he can be successful in indoctrinating several other extreme repugnicans to think and believe likewise and we will come across many more such.
10-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Quick why don't we collect all the names of all the republicans and conservative independents as well as those darn blue blood democrats round them all up and exterminate them, ban any political thought other than the liberal democratic ideals and institute a government branch for the thought police and enforce re-education camps while we are at it. Yes I know it's called hyperbole before you come out and say "oh I never meant that" or say"he never implied that" we have a statement posted on a forum in favor of forced abortions based purely on a parents political leaning and no one says hey this is one stupid moronic comment ? Has this nation really devolved to the point that this kind of idiotic belief is seen as acceptable in our public discourse? Yes these comments from Republicans are repugnant but are the comments from democrats attacking it no less point in case.
1. Average Republicans and conservative independents are not the problem. The problem is the far far right conservative politicians that derive their entire philosophy from their medieval beliefs and who have managed to hijack the entire republican platform. The problem is their refusal to realize that people who do not believe as they do or who do not believe in their "god" have no legal responsibility to pay any attention to their dogma or the strictures of that dogma. The problem is their insistence upon injecting their dogma into a public sphere with the intent to make their religious laws the "law of the land."

2. A private forum member on a relatively obscure forum like PF saying she wants to have people like Mourdock preemptively aborted is, as you say, hyperbole, but it is also a privately held viewpoint. The difference between her making her statement and Mourdock making his is that he is potentially going to be in a position to influence laws related to rape and other abuses of women, Deb is not... His statement clearly demonstrates his inability to "get it" and his unsuitability for public office.

3. Yes the rhetoric sometimes gets pretty deep and Democrats make many stupid statements too, however, is calling someone a skunk wrong, when they are indeed a skunk?

Mike

p.s. I don believe deb said anything about aborting people based upon their parent's political beliefs. Besides, your genes have nothing to do with your political viewpoints. Otherwise I'd be a republican like my parents and grandparents...

Last edited by MRRiley; 10-24-2012 at 10:37 AM.
10-24-2012, 10:50 AM   #13
Veteran Member

we have a statement posted on a forum in favor of forced abortions based purely on a parents political leaning and no one says hey this is one stupid moronic comment ? Has this nation really devolved to the point that this kind of idiotic belief is seen as acceptable in our public discourse? Yes these comments from Republicans are repugnant but are the comments from democrats attacking it no less point in case.
Please re-read her post. She did not say fetuses should be aborted based on their parents' beliefs.

I read her saying (rather graphically) that some folks are doing so much damage, it would have been better for the world if they hadn't been born. You are free to find that offensive as well, but distorting it the way you just did makes it sound like advocating a policy of some sort.
10-24-2012, 11:44 AM   #14
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

The civilized world can only remain civilized by limiting those elements that lead to uncivility.
Okay, you mean like elements who wish someone had been ripped out as a fetus just because they don't like what he says or thinks? Those elements?
I realize it was hyperbole on your part, but surely you see the irony here.

Last edited by Parallax; 10-24-2012 at 11:52 AM.
10-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
Please re-read her post. She did not say fetuses should be aborted based on their parents' beliefs.

I read her saying (rather graphically) that some folks are doing so much damage, it would have been better for the world if they hadn't been born. You are free to find that offensive as well, but distorting it the way you just did makes it sound like advocating a policy of some sort.
Okay gene I'm going to try this one more time and I quote it would have been better if these nnitwits had been sucked from there mothers wombs. So let's picture of this I dislike the current canidate so I'm going to go back in time strap the mother down and perform an abortion on her by sucking her child from her womb and you find nothing wrong with this at all? I find it hard to believe that you would be this understanding if someone had said I truly dislike the current president I wish that we had strapped his mother down and performs an abortion on him before he had even been born but yet because it's a liberal talking about those nitwit conservatives you have absolutely no issues with this statement. You know that the vast number of peoples political ideas are given to them through exposure to their parents beliefs therefore if a conservative that you hate it is more than likely that their parents would have ben a conservative so therefore if you hate the child you must hate the parents so the only logical conclusion would be to prevent any conservative from ever having a child therefore you must perform an abortion on any person having a conservative idea towards politics
Closed Thread