Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-25-2012, 12:05 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Top red and blue brands

Top Red and Blue brands | YouGov - BrandIndex

Democrats like Google as much as Republicans like Fox "News". I guess Democrats like to search for answers while Republicans like to be told what to think.

Kind of surprised that Sony makes the top 10 for Democrats and not Apple. Amazon is #2 for Democrats and #1 among Independents, not in the top 10 for Republicans. I guess conservatives aren't much for reading...

10-25-2012, 12:40 PM   #2
Veteran Member

But what's up with Clorox and Craftsman?
10-25-2012, 01:08 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Top Red and Blue brands | YouGov - BrandIndex

Democrats like Google as much as Republicans like Fox "News". I guess Democrats like to search for answers while Republicans like to be told what to think.

Kind of surprised that Sony makes the top 10 for Democrats and not Apple. Amazon is #2 for Democrats and #1 among Independents, not in the top 10 for Republicans. I guess conservatives aren't much for reading...
Google Scholars,

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
I was wondering that including Cherios. Maybe the are just covering all the bases.
10-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #4
Inactive Account

They must not have a very large universe of brands because you don't see some that you would expect such as Apple, any auto company, coke a cola, pepsi, alcohol, disney, nike, or several others that are way bigger brands than something like the history channel.

10-25-2012, 10:27 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Why Cheerios and not Raisin Bran or Fiber One? They would be less likely to be full of crap. This is part of the problem with surveys like this. The users of these products would be more accurately sorted by age, marital status, and geographic location (rural and urban as well as part of the country) than by political party. If people were forced to choose only products the survey takers had on a list, then the whole thing is bogus to begin with. I have never eaten in a Chickn-Fil-A because I have never even seen one. They aren't in this area and to be honest, I never heard of them until this summer when they were in the news. I also choose my food on whether it tastes good, not on the politics of the CEO. I would probably disagree with every political stance of Ben & Jerry but I still love their ice cream.
10-25-2012, 10:44 PM   #6
JHD
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I suspect it's just a matter of time before the church of jesus christ and latter day saints makes the GOPs top ten.
10-26-2012, 02:46 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Politicizing everything has become soooo boring and silly. I wonder if the idea of getting a life is red or blue?

Jason

10-27-2012, 06:13 AM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Chlorox I guess is synonymous to bleach, not necessarily about the brand in particular. And most people use bleach. I mean I buy a brand called Fantastik, which to me seems to disperse better and thus work better, but if I were to tell someone about the use of bleach I would probably state "bleach like Chlorox..." since I presume most people may not know what Fantastik is?

Craftsmen used to be American made + quality, none of which are true any more. I used to buy Craftsmen tools and have many sets but since they are now a Chinese made commodity I now buy Harbor Freight, a fraction of the price and comes with the same warranty, works just as well.
10-27-2012, 06:16 AM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
Politicizing everything has become soooo boring and silly. I wonder if the idea of getting a life is red or blue?

Jason
Getting a life would be err Blue. Because that's when the government pays for your healthcare and birth control so that everyone can go get a life rather than wait for further orders from Fox news.
Closed Thread