Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
11-02-2012, 06:09 PM   #61
Veteran Member

Whoa! You edited my dialog Gene! You cut this out! That's typical Democratic BS.

"Why little Billy Clinton in between sessions of oral sex with White House staff! That's the wonderful Clinton economic recovery the Democrats are so proud of!"

Tell it all or keep it your key board to yourself!

11-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #62
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by WillH Quote
You may want to turn down the hostility modulator on yours.
11-02-2012, 07:53 PM   #63
Veteran Member

My civilian gig is an insurance broker, primarily in the Medicare market and we've seen the annual election period allowing seniors to change their plans drop from 6 months to 68 days. The removal of the $716 billion from Medicare for Obamacare (primarily from the Medicare Advantage sector) has reduced the benefits and increased insurance premiums. Out of pocket maximums have gone from $2500-$3400 to mostly $4700 to $6700 for these plans. A large portion of these plans did not have networks prior to 2008 and now all of then do with increased costs for out of network services.

Medicare supplement premiums are on the rise. Plans were restructured eliminating benefits across the board for preventative care and non medical at home services to assist with recovery.

Business is just fine as more people than ever are going on Medicare due to the baby boomers, but the insurance options they have cost more and provide fewer benefits. Sure, Obamacare increased the number of preventative services that require no copayment from the insured, but that's about the only benefit, and the cost associate is taxpayers and Medicare costs footing the bill.

I'm also seein more "managed care" type services requiring generics to be tried first for prescriptions and limiting what diabetic supplies are covered. For instance, strictly needles and insulin over the pen/premeasured doses type supplies.

Overall, it's a decrease in benefits and increase in premiums and out of pocket expenses.
11-02-2012, 11:38 PM   #64
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Whoa! You edited my dialog Gene! You cut this out! That's typical Democratic BS.

"Why little Billy Clinton in between sessions of oral sex with White House staff! That's the wonderful Clinton economic recovery the Democrats are so proud of!"

The post from you I quoted shows your every word brought by the quote function at the time, but perhaps you added that sentence in an edit.

I see nothing Republican or Democratic about responding only to a portion of a post. The sentence about "That's the wonderful Clinton recovery...." is nothing I would take the trouble to delete.

Last edited by GeneV; 11-03-2012 at 06:08 AM.
11-03-2012, 05:14 AM   #65
Veteran Member

Small farmer/ranchers are in Obamas gun sights! Our ranch has been owned an operated by my family sense 1878! Handed down through the generations and has remained productive the entire time.
You know there has been an estate tax since 1916.
11-03-2012, 05:33 AM   #66
Veteran Member

I work for the opposite of a small company - I work for a TARP bank too big to fail.

The last 5 years have been tough - fewer people employed, lower pay for all of us - most of us are back to pay levels we last saw in the previous millennium. One entire business was 'taken over' by former employees of the One Bank Not Too Big To Fail. Oh, a good chunk of our compensation was in stock, which remains 90% down.

The regulations that 'hurt' the most are older, pre-Obama, and either Patriot Act or now the new FATCA... Mostly, I see regulations as saving banks from themselves, and the long term is entirely determined by capitalist market forces.
11-03-2012, 06:03 AM   #67
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
I work for the opposite of a small company - I work for a TARP bank too big to fail
Duing the end of the Bush term and the beginning of the Abama one; few people realize how close america came to ending - which is to the literal extent - the closest it has ever come to ending. If the Wall ST/Banking crisis had been allowed to continue for just a few days more - that american flag would have not been flying in a week or two.

I'm one of those people that believes that any company should be allowed to fail, without exception of any kind. Some thing will take it's place.

11-03-2012, 06:50 AM   #68
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
You know there has been an estate tax since 1916.
Actually, the Romans had a 10% estate tax around 700BC. Now there's a historical record for us to use to model......
11-03-2012, 06:56 AM   #69
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
I'm one of those people that believes that any company should be allowed to fail, without exception of any kind. Some thing will take it's place.
Including a failing federal government...

It should be allowed to fail and be subsequently replaced. Actually, it shouldn't be allowed to fail. The people should fix that problem before it gets that bad. And I kind of think a full term president who has failed to get his Congress to pass a budget a single time, along with record deficits, is a failure.
11-03-2012, 07:55 AM   #70
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
The post from you I quoted shows your every word brought by the quote function at the time, but perhaps you added that sentence in an edit. ...........
Okay, lets set the record straight. That line was indeed edited into the original post. The edit was at 00:29 GMT. Gene's post was made at 00:35 GMT; so it's quite possible, as the time is only displayed in whole minutes, that there was as little as 5 minutes and 1 second between the edit and the post. Given the time it takes to compose and post a reply it's quite conceivable that Gene quoted the post prior to the edit, but the edit was made prior to gene's actual posting of his reply.
It's pretty clear that no one was trying misquote or misrepresent anyone.