Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-06-2012, 08:21 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Satire and reality collide

QuoteQuote:
Dear Friends of Colbert Super PAC,

I know it's been a while. I'm sorry I haven't called, written, stopped by, or appeared naked astride a centaur in your dreams. On behalf of myself, Colbert Super PAC, and the centaur, I apologize.

But do not assume that Americans For A Better Tomorrow, Tomorrow has been powerless. In fact, it's quite the opposite: we've been unpowerless. For proof, please enjoy the first five seconds of this clip of Mitt Romney earlier today. Go ahead, I've already seen it, I'll wait for you here in this email.

As you can see, as a contributor to Colbert Super PAC, your voice has clearly been heard, in the form of money. But as an American, you should also make your voice double-heard, in the form of a voice. So tomorrow, please find your nearest polling location and vote.

Remember: this is the most important election of our lifetime*, and will continue to be right up until the next most important election of our lifetime. So whoever you support, please vote. If you don't, the federal authorities consider wearing an “I Voted” sticker as an act of counterfeiting.

Yours sincerelyish,

Stephen Colbert
President and Tallymaster
Americans For A Better Tomorrow, Tomorrow

* Non-Reality-Show-Related Division

Paid for by Americans for a Better Tomorrow, Tomorrow
Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.
Colbert Super PAC | Making a Better Tomorrow, Tomorrow | ColbertSuperPac.com
5 sec in or 1.05 depending on th voodoo of the internet..

11-06-2012, 08:30 AM   #2
Inactive Account

I knew when I heard that clip yesterday on NPR that the phrase "a better tomorrow, tomorrow" was familiar and I was saying to myself I can't effing believe he just said that but I couldn't put my finger on it because I haven't had time to watch Colbert or The Daily Show in so long.
11-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No matter who wins,we will have a better tomorrow, tomorrow because, a least for a season, we will no longer have to listen to political bs at every turn. Since I will be retired by the 2016 election, I have made a pledge to fill out an absentee ballot and then head off into the mountains to hike the Appalacian Trail until it's over.
11-06-2012, 09:00 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
No matter who wins,we will have a better tomorrow, tomorrow because, a least for a season, we will no longer have to listen to political bs at every turn. Since I will be retired by the 2016 election, I have made a pledge to fill out an absentee ballot and then head off into the mountains to hike the Appalacian Trail until it's over.
Absentee ballot is, IMHO, the best way to vote. Took all of 5 minutes to fill out the ballot and put it in an envelope -- no lines, no fuss. We live in VA and my wife and I both voted this way because she is in WA (until 8 December) spending time with our grandson, and I have been working out of state for the last 3 weeks and won't be home until this weekend.