11-06-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Voting Machines Romney Rigged

Typical republican shenanigans...

11-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JHD Quote
Blah blah blah no different then when the same machines had to be "calibrated" when they registered O'bama when voting for Romney.
. Take, for example, the experience of Joan Stevens of Marion, Ohio, who says it took her three tries to cast her vote for Mitt Romney — because the machine kept switching her vote to Barack Obama.
Voting machines switch Romney votes to Obama
11-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You guys. (the USA) doing voting really really bad :P

I suppose its a legacy of it not being mandatory, Some folks over there have been telling me that they waited until 9hours for an early vote.??

I cant help but notice too was it GM gave its staff the day off so they could vote??

Down in Australia, Voting happens on a Saturday (as not to disrupts loads of ppl working). Voting booths are situated in local schools in ever town, all over Australia and generally are open from 7am-5pm. If you have to work, you can mail in your vote up to a week early, form you pick up from the post office I believe..

Anyway, we still use bits of paper which we mark and dump in a bin. These are counted by each local voting location in each area and then collated later.

Waiting times are no longer then 20mins. and we have our election result usually within 6-8 hours of voting being finished.

So yes. Just from pieces of news that filter its way down here bout the logistics of your election.. well. We all can't help but laugh really :P
11-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tromboads Quote
So yes. Just from pieces of news that filter its way down here bout the logistics of your election.. well. We all can't help but laugh really :P
The point is to make it as hard to vote as possible. That's why Karl Rove named it the "Help America Vote Act".

Billionaires & Ballot Bandits

11-06-2012, 05:59 PM   #5
Veteran Member

you guys have to sort this crap out :P Land of the free yarda yarda yarda, can't even run a local election.. tsk tsk :P

No but seriously has there been any movement over there to make voting compulsory?
11-06-2012, 06:09 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tromboads Quote
you guys have to sort this crap out :P Land of the free yarda yarda yarda, can't even run a local election.. tsk tsk :P

No but seriously has there been any movement over there to make voting compulsory?
That's not what the owners want.

QuoteQuote:
In early 2010, Karl Rove met with a financier known as the Ice Man. The billionaire had more than his share of legal and political troubles, which would be solved only if the Ice Man could pick the next president and choose his own Congress. Rove said he could get that done, but it wouldn’t be cheap.

The Ice Man said, “I’m in,” and handed over a check for $20 million.

And he promised more, much more.

One way to win elections is to get the most votes. Rove has another way.

“Karl is the best political mind out there,” says the Ice Man.

Way out there.

Last edited by boriscleto; 11-06-2012 at 06:16 PM.
11-06-2012, 07:18 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I've never waited in line for more than 5 minutes to vote in Canada, that goes for municipal, provincial and federal elections.

11-06-2012, 07:30 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Its a little frustrating to here you convinced that you have no agency. I suppose there is such a history of anti communist thought that anything even coloured with such is immediately dismissed. That being strikes, protests etc etc.

You chaps must be due for some kind of revolution, And Obama seems to be the most left representative you have had in a while.. Keep pushing him in that direction :P

Audiobomber, Me either. :P
11-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JHD Quote
Must be a fake, in a real US voting place, there are no active recording devices or phones allowed

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 11-06-2012 at 08:18 PM.
11-06-2012, 09:48 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Must be a fake, in a real US voting place, there are no active recording devices or phones allowed
But when going in to vote, do they do a stripsearch on every person first to check?

I've got to say I agree with Tromboads, it seems like the US system of voting is unnecessarily complicated and open to fraud.

I mean, paper votes aren't foolproof either, but at least that way there needs to be a physical attempt made to steal papers, change them, and put them back. Which I would hope is going to be noticed by at least somebody.

So has Obama won? or are they still voting?
(9msn here has already run a story saying he won...... but 9msn reporters are pretty useless and 90% of the time are just re-posting shit from Reddit as "news")
11-06-2012, 09:52 PM - 1 Like   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The media has called the election for Obama, but Romney is refusing to concede that he lost Ohio. His advisors are vowing a repeat of Florida in 2000.

This while Florida, Virginia, Colorado, and Nevada haven't been decided yet. Romney would have to win three of those plus Ohio to win. He might not win any.

The owners aren't going to be happy with Karl Rove. They spent half a billion dollars to rig this election and it didn't work.

Last edited by boriscleto; 11-06-2012 at 09:58 PM.
11-07-2012, 01:05 AM - 1 Like   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
The owners aren't going to be happy with Karl Rove. They spent half a billion dollars to rig this election and it didn't work.
Outside spending shapes 2012 election - 2012 election - Data Desk - Los Angeles Times

When you look at the vast fortune that's effectively been tossed in the toilet trying to defeat Obama, it makes his victory seem even more resounding. I just hope that some of the money has had some sort of 'stimulative effect' on the economy

Pro Romney
Supporting Romney: $55,444,436
Opposing Obama: $288,582,007
Total: $344,026,443

Pro Obama:
Supporting Obama: $25,183,656
Opposing Romney: $87,188,919
Total: $112,372,575

Popular vote Romney: 58,488,199
Popular vote Obama: 61,681,462

Put another way, each Romney vote 'cost' $5.88, and each Obama vote 'cost' $1.82.

Last edited by ihasa; 11-10-2012 at 05:54 AM.
11-07-2012, 01:17 AM - 1 Like   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was in and out of my polling location in 10 minutes.
Just like everything else, the stuff that makes the news is not the boring, 'everything works great' story.
If you fall for what you see on TV and the interwebs, best of luck to you.
11-07-2012, 04:16 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hks_kansei Quote
But when going in to vote, do they do a stripsearch on every person first to check?
No, but if you are a law-abiding citizen you follow the rules!.
11-07-2012, 05:29 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
I was in and out of my polling location in 10 minutes.
Just like everything else, the stuff that makes the news is not the boring, 'everything works great' story.
If you fall for what you see on TV and the interwebs, best of luck to you.
Ah I'm glad to hear there is some sense over there :P

And on behalf of Australia, thank you for re-electing