Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
11-06-2012, 09:37 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
CNN Calls it For Obama....

CNN has predicted it's Obama. They say he's likely got at least 274 electoral votes. It's not official as yet but it's likely they say as it's looking like he won those key states. I don't know. Call me cynical but I'm just waiting for a call to recount. It's been too close and I'm just betting something will cause them to call a recount again...

11-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

MSNBC is saying Willard isn't conceding Ohio.
11-06-2012, 09:50 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
MSNBC is saying Willard isn't conceding Ohio.
Correction: CNN is saying Obama has 281 electoral votes now....
11-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Correction: CNN is saying Obama has 281 electoral votes now....
That doesn't mean Karl Rove and his army of lawyers aren't going to fight. Rove is vowing a repeat of 2000. He spent half a billion dollars to fix this election and the people who gave him that money aren't going to be happy with him.

11-06-2012, 10:57 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It's over. Romney is conceding as I type. I've got it open via Fox news in the browser. He's actually called Obama to congratulate him. Now he's thanking everyone in his campaign...
11-06-2012, 11:57 PM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

That noise you hear is the rest of the free world breathing a sigh of relief.
11-07-2012, 12:00 AM   #7

It doesn't matter who wins the election. What matters is what's going to happen in the coming years. Personally, I'm hoping for the USA to collapse. Why? Because that's the only chance The South(or Texas)has to become free from the USA and become an independent nation. It's not just The South or Texas-there are secessionist movements for other states-VT, AK, CA...I hope they all can be free someday.

11-07-2012, 12:07 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I watched both speeches. Nicely done, on both counts. Obama actually touched some issues in giving his that are going to have some of the more radical conservatives foaming at the mouth mad tomorrow I'll warrant. It was a heck of an election though. Several states definitively chose to support gay marriage. We got an openly gay senator. A couple of states said "okay" to legal pot use albeit in different ways and that acceptance speech from Obama? That totally pushed at some major boundaries. Oh and the people of FL actually used some common sense and compassion for once when it came to their voting on issues and didn't screw up the election. No recounts? :P Wow, just wow...
11-07-2012, 12:34 AM - 1 Like   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LightMeter Quote
It doesn't matter who wins the election. What matters is what's going to happen in the coming years. Personally, I'm hoping for the USA to collapse. Why? Because that's the only chance The South(or Texas)has to become free from the USA and become an independent nation. It's not just The South or Texas-there are secessionist movements for other states-VT, AK, CA...I hope they all can be free someday.
1861 is on the phone, and they say they want their ideals back.

Jason
11-07-2012, 12:49 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Because that's the only chance The South(or Texas)has to become free from the USA and become an independent nation.
As far as I'm concerned all you have to do is ask.
11-07-2012, 03:21 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I hope for that too. So we can build a nice fence around them.
11-07-2012, 03:57 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
We got an openly gay senator.
Earthshattering, isn't it? I think I haven't heard the word combination "openly gay" around these parts for the last 40-odd years or so. Our politicians, sportsmen/women, TV personalities, businessmen/women, mayors, military, police officers either happen to be gay or not for quite some time now. (although this still seems to be an issue in some sports like soccer even today)

The terminology itself is indicative of where the US as a nation stands in 2012: "openly gay" as if being gay would be something to be ashamed of or a reason not to trust someone to do a particular job, be nice to old people or anything else. Is it thàt difficult to accept?
11-07-2012, 05:40 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by newmikey Quote
Is it thàt difficult to accept?
Sad to say, it is for a lot of people, and I just don't understand why.
11-07-2012, 06:32 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
I hope for that too. So we can build a nice fence around them.
Have to find some way to get the Donald in there. South Florida would be an issue, and I'm not exactly sure NC would want to leave, despite its vote this time around.

From a geographic standpoint, the real power center for what has become of the Tea Party is Texas, my old home state. The new confederacy would probably have to have its capital in Dallas, and extend eastward, and the northern border would be the 37th parallel, rather than the Mason-Dixon line.

Honestly, the jokes about secession aside, there really is a geographic divide that seems never to have healed.
11-07-2012, 07:45 AM   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
1861 is on the phone, and they say they want their ideals back.

Jason
Ha ha ha