Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
11-08-2012, 12:57 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wpvv Quote

I really find it hard to believe how polarized and angry American people are towards each other, at least when it comes to politics. It is fine to disagree about policies, but the level of name-calling, framing and utter gutter nonsense is hard to believe.
You can blame that on the way too Americans hear and "learn" anything regarding politics. See Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck for examples. Facts and education create a cool dialogue, hysteria, fear mongering and name calling seem to be the zeitgeist concerning any political conversations among most Americans.

Jason

11-08-2012, 06:25 PM - 1 Like   #17

This election just proves there are now more takers than givers.
Attached Images

11-08-2012, 06:27 PM   #18
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I miss the sixties.

It's about time you weighed in, George. Where the Hell have you been?
11-08-2012, 06:34 PM - 1 Like   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I miss the sixties.

It's about time you weighed in, George. Where the Hell have you been?
He's been channeling Ted Nugent

11-08-2012, 11:56 PM - 1 Like   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
However, cartoons like that really are a symptom of why the Republican party lost three of the last four elections. You can't draw lines that say you either agree with us completely or you are a caricature of a "liberal," and be surprised when independent voters don't feel welcome.

The country does not consist of two teams. The fastest growing party in America is "no party."
11-09-2012, 03:57 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
This election just proves there are now more takers than givers.

Hmm, but the joke is played out in real life here:

11-09-2012, 10:20 AM   #22
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ihasa Quote
Hmm, but the joke is played out in real life here:
Medicare and SS is paid in by people and their employers to the Federal Gov. in the form of FICA and Medicare tax. The funds are supposed to be kept separate from the general fund but they aren't, and that is what creates part of the problem. This is one of the areas where the middle class probably get screwed the most and don't realize it.

11-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Medicare and SS is paid in by people and their employers to the Federal Gov. in the form of FICA and Medicare tax. The funds are supposed to be kept separate from the general fund but they aren't, and that is what creates part of the problem. This is one of the areas where the middle class probably get screwed the most and don't realize it.
Not to mention neither needs taxes to function.... Where is the "defense dept trust fund"?? How much of YOUR taxes went to pay off Iraq/Afganistan?.

The FED printed the money for the war (est. at 5 trillion) why can't it print the money for Soc. Sec and Medicare.. THINK....

How long will it take for people to wake up?????????????????
(edit)
Had to check to make sure I didn't say "you people"....

Last edited by jeffkrol; 11-09-2012 at 01:38 PM.
11-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
However, cartoons like that really are a symptom of why the Republican party lost three of the last four elections. You can't draw lines that say you either agree with us completely or you are a caricature of a "liberal," and be surprised when independent voters don't feel welcome.

The country does not consist of two teams. The fastest growing party in America is "no party."
Yes. We should all be like Democrats. Have the same type of opinion as Chris

Or maybe Bill:

Guess when Obama said this:
He was only referring to Republicans I guess. It isn't applicable to democrats?
11-09-2012, 02:07 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Romney said it here:

And just for fun:

Last edited by JohnInIndy; 11-09-2012 at 02:35 PM.
11-11-2012, 03:42 AM - 1 Like   #26
Veteran Member

11-11-2012, 08:08 AM   #27
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wpvv Quote
Jesus never meant to make Faith big business. I always feel rather disgusted when big business and christianity are linked.

As someone from outside America I can only hope that all politicians and their followers will work together for the common good of the people of the USA, whether you believe the state has a larger or a smaller role in that. Only thinking about the other in terms of enemies will do no one good.
I am very interested in politics but can only stay on this forum for so long and then it becomes just to difficult to take. Some one I know is the MLA for the area for a far right provincial party and others I know have ran for the Liberals and the NDP. They all are hard working people, but have a different view of where their province/country should go and also a different route of getting to the same place. None of them are evil people nor are their followers. Some of the views or policies of any party are not what I think are right or best and some politicians I do detest for either their personal views or more often their mean spirited. Though more may be from one party than the others but these people exist in all parties or groups.

I thought George W Bush was a terrible president, not only for his policies but more so because he , and he admitted this himself, was not interested in details. And this lack of interest in details allowed for bad policies to be implemented and certainly for the chaos after the fall of Baghdad. But on the other side he increased aid to Africa and greatly increased marine protection around Guam. Those on the right side of the spectrum cannot find it in them to give President Obama any credit for even getting bin Laden or ending the war in Iraq. Americans have two political parties and both of them are right of centre, one more than the other. But it is not if a party is right or left but just that it is the other party that is the reason to hate. And hate is the only word I could use as the viterol is disgusting. I know I notice it more from the right than the left but it is on both sides. There are several people on this forum whose views are completely built on hatred of the other side and often on false information.

I came back to this forum to see American's opinions of their election. Once again I find I cannot stay here. Chris Christie is a better man than most of the right wing supporters here and so is Mitt Romney judging from his concession speech. At least the conservatives in Canada do not make the poor and the disadvantaged as enemies or trash and most of those on the left here do not see business as evil (perhaps a bit spoiled) . I do not have the time for the anger and hatred.

I learn from Jim and Gene, find Mike from New Orleans questions some times naive but usually thought provoking, never sure how I will take either of the Les's and some of the posting from others informative.

Thanks and lighten up, the other side may be "wrong" but they are not evil and should never be the enemy.
11-11-2012, 01:27 PM   #28
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by les3547 Quote
So rather than tell us to "lighten" up, you should be thanking those who are standing up to crowd who brought you the Iraq war, torture, world-class poluition, the denial of global warming, bullying the rest of the world, Wall Street greed and financial collapse . . .
The same america that killed a mast majority of native american people - almost to the point of extinction. By the numbers of the population back then; it comes out to over three times all killings during WWII.
Closed Thread