Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Coffin Manufacturer's Racy Calendar NWS

What do you think? Personally I think it's interesting and eye catching.

Polish coffin maker’s sexy calendar faces backlass | The Sun |News

On their site....

http://calendarlindner.com/2013.php

11-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'll take 2!
11-07-2012, 11:39 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Boy howdy!
11-07-2012, 11:41 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I just sent this story to my buddy who's a casket salesman.

11-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
If you really look at those pics the concepts that they are using are great. If you can't laugh at death than what can you laugh at? Personally I like the Grim Reaper humor stuff myself. I just cannot see being so solemn about dying. I'd rather go out laughing, shrug...
11-07-2012, 06:24 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
... I just cannot see being so solemn about dying. I'd rather go out laughing, shrug...
Supposedly it is the best thing - heaven and all that, you know.
11-07-2012, 08:44 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
If heaven is such a solemn place sans laughter then why would anyone even want to go there? No offense, but I think the RCC has such a f-ed up idea of the afterlife sometimes. I mean at least in pagan Ancient Egypt people took their favorite toys and their favorite beer with them, grin. Harps and clouds, never ending sunshine, hymns, and perpetual adoration of Yahweh. Ugh. I can't think of anything more boring. If "God" can't get a warped joke or two? Well, I just really don't think I'd like living my eternal life around that Being all that much. Same thing with the soulless animals thing they preach. Heaven sans my beloved pets? Uh, I really don't think so.
11-12-2012, 12:52 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I like the ads We've had a fair bit of death and watching people die in the family in the last couple of years and it would be easy to get depressed about the whole thing. But I could hear my mother's very girly giggle and my mother-in-law's very naughty chuckle (followed by complete candour) when I wondered how they'd react. We all die (except in some cultures where we "pass".). We might as well make it easier for the survivors to say their farewells and get on with stuff.

Don't know much about the RCC in the USA. I've found the RCC in the UK and Italy to be quite ready to discuss life and over a few glasses of wine and to be quite candid about what, if anything, comes after we cark it. It was whiskey with the Irish priest . I'm not RC, but I used to be married to one

Richard.

11-12-2012, 02:02 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice coffins!