Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-14-2012, 07:22 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Donald Trump: 465,000 Sign Petition for Macy's to Fire Him

funny....
Donald Trump: 465,000 Sign Petition for Macy's to Fire Him - UsMagazine.com

11-14-2012, 08:17 AM - 1 Like   #2

I added my name. Red or Blue, every patriotic American with any character should be able to admit that this wacko crossed the line with his relentless unpatriotic attacks on the POTUS and the bogus birth certificate B.S. The moderate GOP should distance themselves from this nut.
11-14-2012, 09:11 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Brazeal Quote
...... The moderate GOP should distance themselves from this nut.

The moderate GOP--that would be 23% of a party which includes 29% of the country, so 6.7% of the voters. Conservatives Remain the Largest Ideological Group in U.S. This figure gets at the problem in the GOP primaries.

The CEO squad making outrageous statements and threatening payroll cuts in response to the President's re-election (not anything he has actually done in his second term), is making this problem worse for that party. Papa John's is getting up there in political meanness stating that the additional $8m in Obamacare health costs to be taken from their $1.2b in revenues will be taken from their employees.
11-14-2012, 09:15 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
Papa John's is getting up there in political meanness stating that the additional $8m in Obamacare health costs to be taken from their $1.2b in revenues will be taken from their employees.
But they can afford to give away millions of free "pizzas".

11-15-2012, 06:39 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
But they can afford to give away millions of free "pizzas".
oh man that was a zing, hahaha!
11-15-2012, 08:00 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pxpaulx Quote
oh man that was a zing, hahaha!
Come on. I live in a place where thousands of NY pizza makers moved to when the old neighborhoods in NYC started to go down hill in the '70s. I grew up across the street from one. The worst pizza in a Syracuse pizza shop is 1000 times better than anything that comes out of a factory in Louisville, KY.
11-15-2012, 08:27 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Come on. I live in a place where thousands of NY pizza makers moved to when the old neighborhoods in NYC started to go down hill in the '70s. I grew up across the street from one. The worst pizza in a Syracuse pizza shop is 1000 times better than anything that comes out of a factory in Louisville, KY.
Wasn't necessarily referring to the pizza portion, but rather the millions of free product given away on the backs of their employees (allegedly, based on the owner's incessant whine).

Also, there is no better pizza than from a wood fired brick oven. And the best pizza I have ever had in my entire life was easily Here!

Thankfully in the twin cities we have Punch Pizza, they send their makers to Napoli to learn how to make it in their wood fired brick oven over here.

11-15-2012, 08:34 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wasn't necessarily referring to the pizza portion, but rather the millions of free product given away on the backs of their employees (allegedly, based on the owner's incessant whine).
Not to mention how much they paid Peyton Manning to appear in the commercials.
11-15-2012, 08:38 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
And the best pizza I have ever had in my entire life was easily Here!
This link should come with a warning - TURN DOWN YOUR SPEAKERS!
11-15-2012, 09:53 AM - 1 Like   #10
Veteran Member

But how many of the 465,000 have valid, American, long form birth certificates attached to their signatures?

I thought so.
11-15-2012, 10:55 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
But how many of the 465,000 have valid, American, long form birth certificates attached to their signatures?

I thought so.
A customer is a customer, regardless of his/her immigration status. And proving citizenship is not a requirement for signing internet surveys. Trump has become an embarrassing cartoon and I would not associate any company with him if I were the CEO...

"Donald... YOU'RE FIRED!"
11-15-2012, 11:30 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
This link should come with a warning - TURN DOWN YOUR SPEAKERS!
My Bad! More than made up for by the pizza they make, topped with the fresh prosciutto carved right off the bone (you can see it in one of the photos by the brick oven).
11-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Daily Kos: Papa John's CEO is exaggerating when he tries to scare you on Obamacare's cost per pizza

QuoteQuote:
Papa John's CEO John Schnatter has gotten a lot of press for his estimate that meeting Obamacare's requirements and insuring more than one in three of his employees would add 10 to 14 cents to the cost of each pizza, something he would of course pass directly to customers. That means that if you ate Papa John's three times a week every single week, you'd be paying up to an additional $21.84 a year (for the pizza; the costs to your health are another question altogether). But Forbes' Caleb Melby does the math and finds that Schnatter's claims may not be so accurate to begin with.
Given Papa John's revenue and operating expenses, Schnatter's estimate that complying with the new law will cost $5 to $8 million per year would mean a .4 to .7 percent expense increase.

QuoteQuote:
For the sake of argument, let’s say that Papa John’s sells exactly half medium/half large specialty pizzas. Averaging the ranges for both sizes, then averaging that product yields a .86% price increase—well outside the range of what Schnatter says Obamacare will cost him.
So how much would prices go up, under these 50/50 conditions, if they were to fairly reflect the increased cost of doing business onset by Obamacare? Roughly 3.4 to 4.6 cents a pie.
Papa John's customers are already paying for Schnatter's $2.7 million compensation package, but he hasn't been so interested in breaking out the per-pizza cost on that. If he's right that $5 to $8 million for insuring more workers would mean 10 to 14 cents a pizza, I guess he personally accounts for about 5 cents per pizza; if Melby's estimate is right, Schnatter's costing customers a little less than 2 cents per pizza. But the fact that one guy's compensation package is more than half the low-end estimate for complying with the law and insuring more workers is bad enough. That that's the guy who gets to publicly exaggerate the cost of health care for his offensively underpaid workers and try to scare customers into thinking that insuring more people will mean they, personally, will be able to afford less shitty pizza, is an indictment of our economy and public economic discourse. As if there weren't enough indictments outstanding on those fronts.