Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-14-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Just.. one..more.. kick

Just got to post this before it "disappears" from history.............................

It was my favorite for awhile...
Mitt Romney 52 percent 342 electoral votes projected at UnSkewedPolls.com - Arlington Conservative | Examiner.com
Mitt Romney 52 percent 342 electoral votes projected at UnSkewedPolls.com

11-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What? He only missed by 11 states.
11-14-2012, 11:51 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
What? He only missed by 11 states.
The most important 11, by the way.............
11-14-2012, 12:02 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Wisconsin Tea Party/GOP legislators jump off the cliff together

Ahhh soooo much fun here.................
QuoteQuote:
How else but to describe as a mass Thelma-and-Louise-or-Jonestown political move the call by nine Wisconsin legislators for the arrest of federal government officials if they implement the health-care marketplace "exchange" designed to help Wisconsin residents find the health insurance policy they desire?

Rep. Chris Kapenga (R-Delafield) is one of the nine from Wisconsin who told the Campaign for Liberty he would back legislation to arrest federal officials who took steps to implement Obamacare in Wisconsin. He said he believes the health care law is unconstitutional, despite the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling that the passes constitutional muster.

"Just because Obama was re-elected does not mean he's above the constitution," he said.

In addition to Kapenga, those listed as supporting the Campaign for Liberty's positions are Sen. Mary Lazich of New Berlin; Reps. Don Pridemore of Hartford; Erik Severson of Star Prairie; Tom Larson of Colfax; Scott Krug of Wisconsin Rapids; and three Republicans elected for the first time last week who will be sworn in early next year - Rob Hutton of Brookfield, Mark Born of Beaver Dam and Dave Murphy of Greenville.

It's one thing to grieve the outcome of an election.

It's another to way overstep your role, the federal system, and the Constitution - - and in the process stir up voters and constituencies who look to leaders for good information and rational conduct.

Gov. Walker needs to rein in this faction of his party - - not just for internal control and party credibility - - but for statewide civility and reputation, lest Wisconsin get lumped in with other states where secession is the wacky story of the day.
Wisconsin Tea Party/GOP legislators jump off the cliff together - JSOnline

11-14-2012, 12:31 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A more accurate electoral map...

This one shows the 48 states as proportionate in terms of population rather than geography.

Even cooler visuals...

11-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
KICKING Ryan... have too!

Paul Ryan's Wisconsin neighbors supported his opponents - latimes.com

QuoteQuote:
A struggling blue-collar manufacturing town of 63,575, Janesville lies on the eastern edge of Rock County, Wis., and unofficial election tabulations from the county clerk there show that only 37% of Ryan’s hometown neighbors voted for him and his running mate. Meanwhile, Obama and Vice President Joe Biden got 62% of the Janesville vote.

PHOTOS: Paul Ryan's past

The results were even slightly worse for Ryan from his own polling place at the Hedberg Public Library. Out of 1,428 votes cast there, 65% went for Obama-Biden and just 34% for Romney-Ryan.

Ryan, a seven-term member of the U.S. House, ran simultaneously for reelection to that post and won, besting Democrat Paul Zerban by 55% to 43% across a district that stretches from Janesville to the Republican rich suburbs of Milwaukee.

But in Janesville proper, Ryan fared only a little better in his congressional run than he did in the vice-presidential one. Zerban grabbed 54% of the Janesville vote to 44% for Ryan. And at the Hedberg library polling spot, Ryan was the choice of just 41% of voters to 58% for Zerban.

Ryan, a rising Republican star despite last week’s vice presidential loss, frequently invoked his Janesville roots during the campaign. But the voting results from Janesville raise questions about whether his neighbors consider him in sync with their values and concerns.
11-15-2012, 05:24 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Based on the maps it's interesting to see that after 150 years sectionalism is not only alive and well, but perhaps intensifying.

11-15-2012, 06:10 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Glad to see that--even in their wildest dreams--they knew they wouldn't win MD.
11-15-2012, 06:44 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
funny thing is that the numbers were very nearly exactly backwards... LOL
11-15-2012, 07:10 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wildman Quote
Based on the maps it's interesting to see that after 150 years sectionalism is not only alive and well, but perhaps intensifying.
Closing in on more like 200 years, but absolutely right.
11-15-2012, 07:14 AM   #11
Veteran Member

That is in a large part due to the fact that what is good for metro areas like NY and Cali. is usually not so good for rural communities.
11-15-2012, 07:20 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Mitt Romney, exit stage right. A little quicker, please … | Jay Bookman

I agree....

QuoteQuote:
Mitt Romney, exit stage right. A little quicker, please …
QuoteQuote:
“With regards to African American voters, ‘Obamacare’ was a huge plus — and was highly motivational to African American voters. You can imagine for somebody making $25—, or $30—, or $35,000 a year, being told you’re now going to get free healthcare — particularly if you don’t have it, getting free healthcare worth, what, $10,000 a family, in perpetuity, I mean this is huge. Likewise with Hispanic voters, free healthcare was a big plus….”
HOW EVIL is THAT!!!!!! Hmmm.. I guess "white folk" don't earn that little...
11-15-2012, 07:39 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by seacapt Quote
That is in a large part due to the fact that what is good for metro areas like NY and Cali. is usually not so good for rural communities.
I wouldn't say "usually." I think the belief there is also greater than the reality. When sectionalism began in the early 18th Century, 80-90 per cent of the country was engaged in agriculture. Now it it 2-3%. That means few in "rural" areas are engaged in occupations which are that much different from those in the cities and suburbs.
11-15-2012, 07:39 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
Closing in on more like 200 years
Yep - I get it.
I was thinking of the particularly virulent sectionalism, both North and South in that decade preceding the Civil War.
But I suppose you could go back to the beginning of the Charleston slave trade in the 17th century if you wanted to.
11-15-2012, 07:57 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Yep - I get it.
I was thinking of the particularly virulent sectionalism, both North and South in that decade preceding the Civil War.
But I suppose you could go back to the beginning of the Charleston slave trade in the 17th century if you wanted to.
I was pegging it to 1819, when most scholars note that discussions of secession and abolition movements started to become frequent, but South Carolina had discussed it over the capitation tax issue (counting slaves) even earlier.
Closed Thread